Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Professional Cycling For the Fans (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   tour de france 2021-fantasyland (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233262)

diphthong 06-22-21 12:03 AM

tour de france 2021-fantasyland

this the tour de france thread for the various fantasy games for the tdf 2021. abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

the velogames vehicle:
https://www.velogames.com
league name: bike forums
league code: 398952811
entry deadline is 12:00 cest (central european summer time) on sunday, june 26th 2021.
that translates to 6am on the east coast on the 26th for you yanks in the united states.

the flobikes/tissot vehicle:
https://flobikes.fantasybytissot.com/#/welcome
league name: bike forums
league password: FNMLT
entry deadline is slightly less clear here. it's listed as 6.26.2021 @ 04:00 without any
nod to a particular time zone.
we could assume it's on paris time but maybe it's on greenwich
time? regardless, register for this game with all that in mind.

the velogames vehicle is easy...pick it and be done with it. no changes can be made once the entry deadline passes. dance (or don't) with the one that brung ya.

the flobikes/tissot vehicle allows for two things: one...you can select, before each stage begins, one team member as a "stage winner" that will double the points earned for finishing place on that stage. your selection does not need to win the stage to earn bonus points. example, you pick wout (already on your team) as the stage winner bonus for stage one and he comes in third. you would get 240 points. it does not double any possibly applicable competition (yellow, green, kom, white jersey) points on that stage. two...you can do transfers with credits. looks like the only way credits are earned is by doing the daily tdf quiz.

***edit...you have 400 credits at the start by creating a team. every change is 50 credits.***

suffice it to say, if you're happy to have a transfer-based game, it would behoove you to sign up asap and do those daily quizzes for transfer points. every time you change a rider, it's 50 transfer points. unsure if you can transfer a crashed out, dq'd, etc rider out and another rider in but i suppose we'll find out soon enough. if it's permissible in the flobikes/tissot game, it's allowed. for once, i am not placing any restrictions on that game such as only married left-handed leo's born at night in countries with more than three vowels in the country name are allowed to be selected. y'all have spoken.

both games have end of tour points allocated (achtung-@one4smoke!!!). it's relatively easy on the
velogames end but a little confusing on the flobikes/tissot end. looks like points for the final standings in all the competitions are multiplied x 5. so if roglic wins the tdf, he would get an additional 250 points. if sagan wins
the green jersey competition, he gets 150 additional points. if you happened to select sagan for double points to win the final stage and he does, the double points doesn't carry over into the final standings points allocation. so sagan would get 400 points for the stage win along with 150 points (not 300) for taking the overall green jersey. hope that helps but read the rules of the road game for each one you enter.

transfer as much or as little as you like with the flobikes/tissot game. whomever ends up with the most points by hook or by crook wins.

as is the norm now, if a team isn't entered by the start of stage four in both leagues, not recognizing that team as a valid participant eligible for the giant podium no-prizes and bragging rights.

looks like the flobikes/tissot game has no cap of number of participants. the velogames one now does. in the unlikely event we fill up the max number in the velogames one, i'll open up another league-bike forums redux-under a different e-mail and combine results as we sally forth. planning on doing updates every rest day and the last few days as we near to a shuddering close. well...that plus the daily horrible prediction that comes on like itching after mosquito bites-slightly less pleasant yet equally predictable.

best of luck to all participants!

slcbob 06-22-21 03:54 AM

Omg

diphthong 06-22-21 04:22 AM

omg is the procyclingstats.com tdf game. felt like howard carter walking into tutankhamun's tomb while deflecting/dodging various curses.

https://grandtour.procyclinggame.com/home

GrainBrain 06-22-21 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by slcbob (Post 22112345)
Omg

Originally Posted by ooga-booga (Post 22112357)
omg is the procyclingstats.com tdf game. felt like howard carter walking into tutankhamun's tomb while deflecting/dodging various curses.

https://grandtour.procyclinggame.com/home

Checked out the link and bravo to whoever decided Cav was valued the same as Søren Kragh Andersen :lol:
​​​​​​
Can't wait for the green jersey competition!

2cam16 06-22-21 07:55 AM

Here we go,boys and girls!

diphthong 06-22-21 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by GrainBrain (Post 22112369)
Checked out the link and bravo to whoever decided Cav was valued the same as Søren Kragh Andersen :lol:
​​​​​​
Can't wait for the green jersey competition!

league name is : bike forums

if you're really looking to up the ante in terms of complexity, that is. thinking of just picking the team and letting it ride unless i hafta replace a rider.

diphthong 06-23-21 02:34 PM

and we have a nod to the gilded palace of sin (excellent album btw) in the flobikes/tissot game. now i'm hungry.

strangely at peace with the current/on paper composition of the velogames team. probably doesn't bode well.

GrainBrain 06-23-21 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by ooga-booga (Post 22113221)
league name is : bike forums

if you're really looking to up the ante in terms of complexity, that is. thinking of just picking the team and letting it ride unless i hafta replace a rider.

Oof well I went with it. Sprinter heavy but have Carapaz and Gaudu incase their value increases. How the heck do I join your league? I see the "leagues" tab but no way to join a league.

dstrong 06-24-21 07:55 AM

First round of picks in. Much teeth gnashing today and tomorrow while I second guess myself over and over.

diphthong 06-24-21 12:55 PM

current list of teams registered for the bike forums league on velogames.com is 11, which is over the listed "maximum 10 league slots."
current twitter league has over a thousand entries. seems like the maximum 10 league slots disclaimer needs to be taken off the site.
created a 2nd league(to combine the results or lack thereof) just in case weirder things happen and you have issue(s) registering:

league name: bike forums cont...
league code: 955960819

suspect we won't need it but it's there just in case.

diphthong 06-24-21 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by GrainBrain (Post 22115033)
Oof well I went with it. Sprinter heavy but have Carapaz and Gaudu incase their value increases. How the heck do I join your league? I see the "leagues" tab but no way to join a league.

sent an invite to "Grain Brain." hope it's the right brain, or the left...

https://grandtour.procyclinggame.com...invite-players

slcbob 06-25-21 08:13 AM

v3 of Velogames is my last. Slapped something into Tissot / Flo. There was no risk of me getting two transfers out of the quiz thing but I fell over the bar for one. There are some inhuman scores there. Mine passes the Turing test handily.

The PCS 5 star game is still there but where the heck have they been hiding that monstrosity you found, ooga-booga? Maybe another year for me, but not this one. It's been an interesting two weeks, starting a new job while moving my kid to Cincinnati. The dust is settling now just in time for Le Tour.

Good luck to all competitors on the roads of France there and in our little e-world here.

diphthong 06-25-21 01:00 PM

last day to register! don’t miss your chance to actively/passively participate in the biggest high highs and low lows event of the season!

dstrong 06-25-21 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by ooga-booga (Post 22117489)
last day to register! don’t miss your chance to actively/passively participate in the biggest high highs and low lows event of the season!

I went through three iterations but I'm mostly happy with where I am now. There one I'm unsure about...okay 2...but the process of allocating 2 points here and there has gotten exhausting.

Bonne chance mes ami!

GrainBrain 06-25-21 04:22 PM

I'm going to come straight out and say I didn't pick MvdP or Wout. I'm pretty happy with my team, think it's stronger then the Vuelta but less spicy. No Cavendish either - which I may change then regret then change then regret.

I think Wout will absolutely be saddled to Roglic; and I love everything about MvdP's style but there's a lack of tactics that he often covers with sheer power. After watching the Giro I think there's a lot of savvy riders with great teams that can counter his explosiveness.

MvdP says he'll pull out for the Olympics and before piddock's crash I would've said that's silly. Now it might make sense if piddock's not on top form.

diphthong 06-26-21 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by GrainBrain (Post 22117798)
I'm going to come straight out and say I didn't pick MvdP or Wout. I'm pretty happy with my team, think it's stronger then the Vuelta but less spicy. No Cavendish either - which I may change then regret then change then regret.

I think Wout will absolutely be saddled to Roglic; and I love everything about MvdP's style but there's a lack of tactics that he often covers with sheer power. After watching the Giro I think there's a lot of savvy riders with great teams that can counter his explosiveness.

MvdP says he'll pull out for the Olympics and before piddock's crash I would've said that's silly. Now it might make sense if piddock's not on top form.

gawd how i love the last chance for romance vuelta. so desperate. so redemptive. so cleansing. so pure. such ridiculous climbs.

diphthong 06-26-21 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by slcbob (Post 22117045)
v3 of Velogames is my last. Slapped something into Tissot / Flo. There was no risk of me getting two transfers out of the quiz thing but I fell over the bar for one. There are some inhuman scores there. Mine passes the Turing test handily.

The PCS 5 star game is still there but where the heck have they been hiding that monstrosity you found, ooga-booga? Maybe another year for me, but not this one. It's been an interesting two weeks, starting a new job while moving my kid to Cincinnati. The dust is settling now just in time for Le Tour.

Good luck to all competitors on the roads of France there and in our little e-world here.

congrats on winning both a gt and a spring classic in the span of a half-month!

diphthong 06-26-21 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by slcbob (Post 22117045)

no idea. that website is ether super easy or super hard to navigate/rationalize/understand. have difficulty finding that weirdo, harpo game most daze.

slcbob 06-26-21 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by GrainBrain (Post 22117798)

I lied. v3 of my team cashed in Colbrelli and Hirschi for MVDP and Cattaneo. I asked myself "is there any way Colbrelli takes stage 1" and the darkness of my reply had me lose my commitment to him. If I had taken a moment to think about MVDP's bounce, I may not have done it. First regret of this Tour? Machts nichts. They will proliferate soon.

At risk to him and me, MVDP is my pick du jour. Over WVA and JA on the podium.

GrainBrain 06-26-21 05:53 AM

Smart choice on MvdP - and a surprising show of support for Úran by multiple teams! I noticed there's some similarities between teams but also plenty of small differences that should keep it pretty entertaining. First five stages seem so decisive that it could take until the latter part of the second week to recover from the damage done by MvdP or WvA.

Checkout Canam's team of Rog-Pog, MvdP, JuJu, Paret-Pientre and Bisseger. That's formidable!

I had Asgreen and Cort but swapped out for Swift (who won tro-bro-leon) and Mørkøv. This let me swap in Gaudu for Paret-Pientre. Ewan seemed like a good choice but will probably be even on points with MvdP. Went with Sagan over Colbrelli, not picking Colbrelli and Cort will probably come back to haunt me. No Loïc Vliegen either so he'll probably nab a stage.

2cam16 06-26-21 08:15 AM

Holy chaos,Batman! That damn fan with the big sign just caused a chain reaction.

dstrong 06-26-21 11:33 AM

Oops...forgot to join the league...but in now AND NOT AT THE BOTTOM!

That fan accident makes me sick. That kid probably planned that for days, hoping to make his grandparent's happy by holding the sign on TV...and then it all went wrong. Fans that turn their backs on the peloton are insane.

diphthong 06-26-21 12:52 PM

wanted ian schelling from bora on the velogames team (got him on the flobikes/tissot game) but couldn't shoehorn him in. he looked good today.

diphthong 06-26-21 01:08 PM

@oneforsmoke in velogames and @canam73 and flobikes/tissot both had absolute monster first days!

looks like only two entries in the velogames league were silly enuff to fight the roglic and/or pogacar trend. that'll end well...

2cam16 06-26-21 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by dstrong (Post 22118592)
Oops...forgot to join the league...but in now AND NOT AT THE BOTTOM!

That fan accident makes me sick. That kid probably planned that for days, hoping to make his grandparent's happy by holding the sign on TV...and then it all went wrong. Fans that turn their backs on the peloton are insane.

And obviously this so-called fan wasn't interested in the race. SMH.