Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How fer did you ride today?! (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1081695)

rsbob 05-18-22 08:45 PM

OK I am going to break (brake, for the grammar police) my rule and tell all y’all how far I rode today, so, drum roll please…………………0. Questionable weather (whether) with trees coming down due to high winds and threat of thunder storms. That’s my excuse and am sticking to it. Eat your hearts out mileage junkies.

Troul 05-19-22 01:03 AM


Originally Posted by rsbob (Post 22511840)
OK I am going to break (brake, for the grammar police) my rule and tell all y’all how far I rode today, so, drum roll please…………………0. Questionable weather (whether) with trees coming down due to high winds and threat of thunder storms. That’s my excuse and am sticking to it. Eat your hearts out mileage junkies.

I'm going to go out on a limb here & say that you made a logic decision to hedge your bets.

kahn 05-19-22 09:02 AM


Originally Posted by delbiker1 (Post 22510267)
I am now declaring myself recovered from acute prostatitis. Yesterday and today, I did 50 mile rides, first of 2022. I am now at 380 for the month of May, only had 600 ytd on the 1st of May. Recurring UTI blew up into prostatitis, then tweaked my back that kept me mostly inactive for another 2 weeks. I am not keeping accurate count on things this year, but I do have pretty good running total in my head. I do not know the specifics, but I know I have had more days off the bike, than on. Tomorrow is likely a day off, R&R and chores to do.

Mine was hauled to a toxic waste site in 2017!!!! And, no, I'm not talking about my bike!

kahn 05-19-22 09:05 AM


Originally Posted by Troul (Post 22511372)
40 Miles in 40 degrees.

Oh, you really have gone backwards, weatherwise! So much for dry heat!

kahn 05-19-22 09:23 AM

Unlike rsbob I went out around 1:30 and fought the winds heading over to Golden Gardens. Once or twice I was buffeted and wobbled but it was sunny and worth it. 15.7 and the usual loop's approx 700 feet. A nice low tide at the beach.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9c93a38081.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...39b7eb2738.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e36e14444b.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9380a792d3.jpg

rsbob 05-19-22 10:40 AM


Originally Posted by kahn (Post 22512258)
Unlike rsbob I went out around 1:30 and fought the winds heading over to Golden Gardens. Once or twice I was buffeted and wobbled but it was sunny and worth it. 15.7 and the usual loop's approx 700 feet. A nice low tide at the beach.

Come on out to North Bend where you can really feel the wind. I lived in Seattle for years and there is a stark difference in wind and rain out here in the sticks. I decided to pull about 4 wheel barrow loads of ground cover out of a back garden for a core, upper body workout.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...4202808b29.jpg
Still more ground cover to pull

kahn 05-19-22 11:22 AM


Originally Posted by rsbob (Post 22512355)
Come on out to North Bend where you can really feel the wind. I lived in Seattle for years and there is a stark difference in wind and rain out here in the sticks. I decided to pull about 4 wheel barrow loads of ground cover out of a back garden for a core, upper body workout.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...4202808b29.jpg
Still more ground cover to pull

Nice acreage. I threw my back our real good BADLY a few weeks ago relocating rotting old wooden raised beds to stock tanks. I could barely walk across the dining room. PT is still occurring. Oddly enough, I could ride the bike but only after placing it in the street close to the curb so I could swing my legs over from the raised position. Getting old, well, older, is tough. But I do recall riding around Mercer Island during a real blow-up. Branches from 1 to 3 inches everywhere including still falling. We were weaving around debris fields. Falling trees are not to be taken lightly. I avoid Discovery Park on days like yesterday.

Troul 05-19-22 04:25 PM

54 Miles in the easy breezy water covered ground. On & off rain with thunderstorm for the next few days. Going to pop out of town & find somewhere dry to roll.

A350driver 05-19-22 05:26 PM

Only did 10 in the woods, so hot and steamy, 93 and humid!

We did see otters, gators, a wild hog and a mom and baby, so cute!

Why this picture uploaded sideways is beyond me!


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...54460528a.jpeg

kahn 05-19-22 08:50 PM


Originally Posted by A350driver (Post 22512818)
Why this picture uploaded sideways is beyond me!

Oh, deer! (sorry, could not resist.)

That occasionally happens with PORTRAIT oriented shots. I have found that using Irfanview as my jpg viewer when showing correctly, if I merely resave the image over itself or do a new folder (or new name), it then retains the correct orientation when uploaded.


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c91a457379.jpg

rsbob 05-19-22 09:09 PM


Originally Posted by kahn (Post 22512419)
Nice acreage. I threw my back our real good BADLY a few weeks ago relocating rotting old wooden raised beds to stock tanks. I could barely walk across the dining room. PT is still occurring. Oddly enough, I could ride the bike but only after placing it in the street close to the curb so I could swing my legs over from the raised position. Getting old, well, older, is tough. But I do recall riding around Mercer Island during a real blow-up. Branches from 1 to 3 inches everywhere including still falling. We were weaving around debris fields. Falling trees are not to be taken lightly. I avoid Discovery Park on days like yesterday.

Sorry to hear about your back. The pain can be excruciating and long lived. Hope it heals quickly. (Been there)

A350driver 05-19-22 09:32 PM


Originally Posted by kahn (Post 22513030)
Oh, deer! (sorry, could not resist.)

That occasionally happens with PORTRAIT oriented shots. I have found that using Irfanview as my jpg viewer when showing correctly, if I merely resave the image over itself or do a new folder (or new name), it then retains the correct orientation when uploaded.


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c91a457379.jpg

Thanks for….setting me straight!

rsbob 05-19-22 09:45 PM

Easy spin day and ran into this fearsome beast.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...37cc6230a.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...4dedfb96d.jpeg

kahn 05-20-22 07:45 AM


Originally Posted by rsbob (Post 22513063)
Easy spin day and ran into this fearsome beast.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...37cc6230a.jpeg

Did it cross the road? And, if so, WHY?

rsbob 05-20-22 03:26 PM


Originally Posted by kahn (Post 22513311)
Did it cross the road? And, if so, WHY?

As a matter of fact, it DID cross the road with my help since it escaped from its farm, so I helped it get home without getting run over or taken by a wild beasty. With any luck it also escaped the cooking pot.

BTinNYC 05-20-22 03:35 PM

Final headwall at Kropps Hill on Rt 358 in Rensselaerville, NY.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...73af275ee3.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1f3daa04e0.jpg

A350driver 05-20-22 05:36 PM

No miles for me today, woke up to a big thunderstorm at 7am and it’s been like that all day!

Troul 05-21-22 03:06 PM

69 miles. Was a great outdoorsy day!

mschwett 05-21-22 03:39 PM

89.5. 5000’

beautiful day.

rsbob 05-21-22 08:47 PM

Did the usual mileage today and had 2 miles to go when a thunderstorm rolled in. Got soaked but that’s life on a bike. Pics prior to the storm


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...538b1c87f.jpeg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...493410ad6.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1bb54f4d1.jpeg

kahn 05-21-22 10:34 PM

36 and 1,200 (1,700 all kinds of values) on the Edmonds Loop. No thunderstorms but views to the east showed some turbulent clouds. No pictures as my friend stops for coffee but nothing else!

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6c69c18206.jpg

A350driver 05-22-22 01:11 PM

Only 28 today, hot, humid and windy, summer is here!

delbiker1 05-22-22 01:24 PM

Hot and humid for sure, southcoastal Delaware, 76 at 5am. I did a casual 16 miles this morning to put me at about 500 for May. Due to health issues, I only had 600 ytd on May 1, so I am going to double my ytd this month.

KJ43 05-22-22 06:49 PM

64 miles - 25 miles of which was dirt or gravel around the South Bay Area with a little time at the end at Coyote Hills before coming back over the Dumbarton Bridge. Pretty flat route with only 1,100 feet of elevation.

RIP little ground squirrel that decided to run right underneath my tire. :(

Lunch Ride

Jedneck 05-22-22 06:58 PM

62 miles and 4900ft of gain. Temp 85-90f and humid


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:39 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.