Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

seedsbelize 05-28-20 03:54 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21502748)
Just got back from a CL meet-up. No, not that kind of CL meet-up. :notamused:

I sold the Domane! :bday:

:bday:

datlas 05-28-20 04:11 PM

We have an old first generation wii video game. I cleaned out the corroded batteries in the controllers and now mrs datlas and daughter #2 are going at it with wii table tennis.

I would rather go play space invaders. Or Galaga.

WhyFi 05-28-20 04:12 PM

I mean, not only am I happy to have the funds, but I'm also happy to not have to respond to stupid ******g CL inquiries any more.

Velo Vol 05-28-20 04:12 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21502750)
Meanwhile you have a new avatar, which I can't make out on my phone.

It looks like a giant hurricane.

Velo Vol 05-28-20 04:15 PM

Wow, I pull up Chittenango on Google maps and look what photo they have. A mobile community band. Fancy!


https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...599ae58659.png

datlas 05-28-20 04:23 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21502748)
Just got back from a CL meet-up. No, not that kind of CL meet-up. :notamused:

I sold the Domane! :bday:

Did the other guy get a good buy??

Or do we have to wait for him to post in the 41??

WhyFi 05-28-20 04:28 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21502819)
Did the other guy get a good buy??

Or do we have to wait for him to post in the 41??

He got a fair deal.

Velo Vol 05-28-20 04:32 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21502819)
Or do we have to wait for him to post in the 41??

It would be funny if he's a member here and posts it.

big john 05-28-20 04:33 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21502073)
I had that happen a couple of brief moments before I replaced my plugs. What's the deal there, is your cat toast as soon as that happens or does it take an hour or two driving in that condition to ruin your cat?

A lot of variables there. If excess fuel isn't going to the cat then it will probably survive, like a fuel injector not delivering fuel. The computer doesn't know why there is a misfire, it just knows the crankshaft is slowing down. There are also false misfires, the computer thinks it is misfiring but it is not. And even bent components or drivetrain parts out of balance.
Some converters are much more durable than others.
Any questions?:p

Bah Humbug 05-28-20 04:51 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21502748)
Just got back from a CL meet-up. No, not that kind of CL meet-up. :notamused:

I sold the Domane! :bday:

Did you provide receipts to prove it's not a fake?

BillyD 05-28-20 04:54 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21502750)
Meanwhile you have a new avatar, which I can't make out on my phone.

A hurricane, Iím guessing Katrina.

bampilot06 05-28-20 05:09 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21502889)
A hurricane, Iím guessing Katrina.


itís Bertha!!!!!

2manybikes 05-28-20 05:31 PM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21501809)

I wonder if he's clipped in ?

Trsnrtr 05-28-20 05:48 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21502745)
I was driving a '63 bug in the early 80s. It got to the point that EVERY time I went into town, I had to first crawl under it for some reason or other. And again before coming back home.

I had the same problem with a 1971 MG Midget. :lol:

Jadesfire 05-28-20 06:06 PM

I just picked it cause you can still see part of the ISS in it. Pretty sure it's not Katrina.

3 days 'til the season starts. And I, for one, am just totally excited. 2020 has been so uneventful.


/s

Jadesfire 05-28-20 06:15 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21502682)
I'm not any closer to Memphis than you are.

I was preparing to dispute this, checked Google Earth...and found out you are indeed correct. TIL.

Thank you.

You're still in Tennessee, though.

Velo Vol 05-28-20 06:29 PM


Originally Posted by Jadesfire (Post 21503026)
I was preparing to dispute this, checked Google Earth...and found out you are indeed correct. TIL.

I don't know exactly where you live. I might be a little closer. My I-40 exit/mile marker is 378 (the Mississippi River being 0).

Velo Vol 05-28-20 06:32 PM

Man, you I-can't-ride-30-miles-without-gels-and-two-waterbottles softies need to listen to this. #HTFU

A Teenager Who Cycled Her Father Across India Gets An Offer To Train For The Olympics


WhyFi 05-28-20 06:33 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21503049)
I don't know exactly where you live. I might be a little closer. My I-40 exit/mile marker is 378 (the Mississippi River being 0).

I'm only 6 miles away from the Mississippi river, so I guess I'm the closest.

DougRNS 05-28-20 06:41 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21502793)
We have an old first generation wii video game. I cleaned out the corroded batteries in the controllers and now mrs datlas and daughter #2 are going at it with wii table tennis.

I would rather go play space invaders. Or Galaga.

:thumb:

rjones28 05-28-20 06:50 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21502801)
Wow, I pull up Chittenango on Google maps and look what photo they have. A mobile community band. Fancy!


https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...599ae58659.png

That's not the Chittenango Community Band.

Velo Vol 05-28-20 06:53 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21503058)
I'm only 6 miles away from the Mississippi river, so I guess I'm the closest.

The package is in Memphis.


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21503096)
That's not the Chittenango Community Band.

I guess they were on tour?

WhyFi 05-28-20 06:55 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21503103)
The package is in Memphis.

Is it walking in Memphis?

WhyFi 05-28-20 06:57 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21503107)
Is it walking in Memphis?

Never mind - Strava or it didn't happen, and everybody knows what walking doesn't count on Strava.

rjones28 05-28-20 07:00 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21502835)
He got a fair deal.

No doubt.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.