Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

rjones28 09-28-21 03:24 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22248944)
In the midst of my afternoon productive activities I had another flash of inspiration. We should have a contest to motivate people to ride. An East Coast versus West Coast challenge, on Strava.

What do you say?

Can't we all just get along?

BillyD 09-28-21 03:27 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22249029)
A clean cockpit is paramount.

Steel is real.

genejockey 09-28-21 03:28 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22249055)
Can't we all just get along?

You must be new here.

LesterOfPuppets 09-28-21 03:30 PM

Tolleson update: Danger on the MUP!!!

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f73eb77dd3.jpg

Velo Vol 09-28-21 03:32 PM

OK, I found the offending post. The first time the issue came up I said, nah, it's not the east coast (no maps). One post.

#6003

But then I gave it more thought and came to embrace my Eastern Coastness.

#8915
#10815
#9645
#1599
#4476

datlas 09-28-21 03:33 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22248925)
Interesting story. When we went to LA, we went to LACMA the LA County Museum of Art and mrs datlas was somewhat taken with the Matisse painting "Tea" a/k/a "Tea in the Garden," so she did an inspired painting of this style with me and daughter #1 at the table, and Jackie on the ground (instead of the dog). I will try to post a pic of her version.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a005fa1d4b.jpg

Here is her version, although I am told it’s not finished…


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7bd751f5e.jpeg

Velo Vol 09-28-21 03:34 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22249055)
Can't we all just get along?

E-bikes shouldn't count anyways, so you wouldn't be included.

LesterOfPuppets 09-28-21 03:34 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22249055)
Can't we all just get along?

I don't see why not... (WARNING: Wyoming content.)


genejockey 09-28-21 03:36 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22249065)
OK, I found the offending post. The first time the issue came up I said, nah, it's not the east coast (no maps). One post.

#6003

But then I gave it more thought and came to embrace my Eastern Coastness.

#8915
#10815
#9645
#1599
#4476

I'll see your #6003, and raise you #5961.

Note presence of map.

seedsbelize2 09-28-21 03:37 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22248944)
In the midst of my afternoon productive activities I had another flash of inspiration. We should have a contest to motivate people to ride. An East Coast versus West Coast challenge, on Strava.

What do you say?

I weilded the weedeater and machete for a couple hours this morning. I came home tireder than if I'd ridden for twice that long.
It sounds like a good idea. I guess I would be an east coaster.
Or not. I am nearer the west coast of Yucatan

WhyFi 09-28-21 03:38 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22249034)
I doubt that would do any good. I outweigh her by 75-80 pounds and she doesn't have near the health problems. :innocent:

Seriously, she's very savvy about bikes and what she likes, make that picky about bikes. I'd have to drive or fly to Colorado so she could go hands-on with it before she would commit to buying one. Charts and graphs and a three-part harmony just wouldn't cut it for her.

FWIW, I just got another email from a Erik's, a regional LBS, and it was about the new R5, too. They just became Cervelo dealers within the last year or so; we didn't have any in the area before that. Just checked their stock, though, and it doesn't look like they're expecting anything on the floor for at least a couple weeks. But when they do get them in, it'll shorten your drive. :lol:

Velo Vol 09-28-21 03:38 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22249072)
I'll see your #6003, and raise you #5961.

Note presence of map.

The post merely raises the question. It does not express an opinion.

WhyFi 09-28-21 03:40 PM


Originally Posted by sbxx1985 (Post 22249045)
I was in Excel a few years when they were closing out the Cervelos at the end of the season.

I'll have to wait 'til Excel closes them out at 50% off again. :innocent:

sbxx1985 09-28-21 03:42 PM

How does this happen? Reaching back to mess with your kid in the car seat?


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22249064)
Tolleson update: Danger on the MUP!!!

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f73eb77dd3.jpg


genejockey 09-28-21 03:45 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22249077)
The post merely raises the question. It does not express an opinion.

Your post with the map is in the same conversation - that you started - where you say "I think you have to be < 100 miles from the coast, not 500 miles from the coast."

Genties and Ladlemen, I rest my case.

genejockey 09-28-21 03:46 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22249064)
Tolleson update: Danger on the MUP!!!

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f73eb77dd3.jpg

Not one of the Uses for which the Multiple Use Path was designed.

LAJ 09-28-21 03:47 PM

When Excel was getting rid of the NeilPryde's, there was a Bura on the wall too. Super light, and I often kicked myself for not just getting both of them. Had I done that, there would be no Focus, so I guess it was a win, but I often wonder how that bike would have done.

Trsnrtr 09-28-21 03:53 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22249076)
FWIW, I just got another email from a Erik's, a regional LBS, and it was about the new R5, too. They just became Cervelo dealers within the last year or so; we didn't have any in the area before that. Just checked their stock, though, and it doesn't look like they're expecting anything on the floor for at least a couple weeks. But when they do get them in, it'll shorten your drive. :lol:

Yep, that would shorten the drive a bit but there is a Cervélo dealer 65 miles from me so that would work if they intend to get any.

rjones28 09-28-21 04:11 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22249019)
On my C&V bikes, I really like the 'clean bar and stem' aesthetic, so I initially rode them without my Garmin*. Now that I have the Varia, though, it feels irresponsible to ride without it.

* I'm still a data junkie, so when I rode without it on the bars, I stuffed it in my jersey.

I usually wear my Forerunner when I don't care about realtime data, but want to record the ride.

rjones28 09-28-21 04:18 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22249069)
E-bikes shouldn't count anyways, so you wouldn't be included.

Wow.

genejockey 09-28-21 04:21 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22249094)
Yep, that would shorten the drive a bit but there is a Cervélo dealer 65 miles from me so that would work if they intend to get any.

Didn't take too long to go from "It's too expensive" to "Do they have any?"

Reminds me of how long it takes me to go from "I don't need another bike" to "I just got another bike." ;)

sbxx1985 09-28-21 04:28 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22249090)
When Excel was getting rid of the NeilPryde's, there was a Bura on the wall too. Super light, and I often kicked myself for not just getting both of them. Had I done that, there would be no Focus, so I guess it was a win, but I often wonder how that bike would have done.

I remember that bike on the wall.

sbxx1985 09-28-21 04:30 PM

Some sizes are already sold out at Excel. Definitely not the time to buy a Cervelo at Excel.

Mojo31 09-28-21 04:41 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22249025)
I meant decorations, not presents.

We'll have a fully decorated house. We don't need to buy anything for that though.

Velo Vol 09-28-21 04:43 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22249086)
Your post with the map is in the same conversation - that you started - where you say "I think you have to be < 100 miles from the coast, not 500 miles from the coast."

First impression. Then I thought about it and changed my mind. You should try it.

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22249121)
Wow.

What would it take to get you on a real bike again?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:11 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.