Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

Velo Vol 07-20-21 05:01 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22150535)
I've seen that before. Can't imagine a pool full of people I don't know trapsing thru the house to hit the restroom. Or worse yet, peeing and leaving their trash all around the yard.

You could make thousands of dollars a month, allegedly.

genejockey 07-20-21 05:05 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22150483)
I donít know if anyone here has seen the Competitive Cyclist sale on Wahoo equipment, but I snagged a Kickr Power at 10% off with free 2 day shipping.

I already have everything I need, and everything I want is still too expensive! When they have a 90% off sale on Kick'rs, though, I'm in!!!!

genejockey 07-20-21 05:07 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22150535)
I've seen that before. Can't imagine a pool full of people I don't know trapsing thru the house to hit the restroom. Or worse yet, peeing and leaving their trash all around the yard.

I've seen signs that say,

OOL

Notice there's no 'P' in our pool. Please keep it that way!

I always wanted to add a sign that says,

L

Mojo31 07-20-21 05:08 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22150569)
You could make thousands of dollars a month, allegedly.

If I needed thousands of dollars per month, I wouldn't be in this house.

$5,000 per month wouldn't be worth the risk or hassle.

datlas 07-20-21 05:12 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22150579)
I've seen signs that say,

OOL
Notice there's no 'P' in our pool. Please keep it that way!

I always wanted to add a sign that says,

L

I see what you did there.

MoAlpha 07-20-21 05:13 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22150480)

Yeah, right. Really makes you wonder how dumb people really are.

LAJ 07-20-21 05:16 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22150586)
Yeah, right. Really makes you wonder how dumb people really are.

I don't wonder anymore.

WhyFi 07-20-21 05:18 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22150579)
I've seen signs that say,

OOL
Notice there's no 'P' in our pool. Please keep it that way!

I always wanted to add a sign that says,

L

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f29e602144.gif

LesterOfPuppets 07-20-21 05:30 PM

Now there's an interesting folder. Only $60, might have to grab it just to experience it once or twice...

https://images.craigslist.org/01717_...t2_600x450.jpg

LesterOfPuppets 07-20-21 05:32 PM

Sure seems like your heels would hit the ground if you don't keep the pedals under the arches of your feet.

Velo Vol 07-20-21 06:07 PM

Eating for the first time today. Wonder if my immune cells were boosted?

sshakari 07-20-21 06:30 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22150655)
Eating for the first time today. Wonder if my immune cells were boosted?

what happened? fasting?

Velo Vol 07-20-21 06:59 PM


Originally Posted by sshakari (Post 22150686)
what happened? fasting?

It didn't start out by intention, but that's the way the day went.

I think it's good to occasionally give your system a break from the unending stream of food.

sshakari 07-20-21 07:04 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22150720)
It didn't start out by intention, but that's the way the day went.

I think it's good to occasionally give your system a break from the unending stream of food.

I fast every other week for 36-48 hours for health & spiritual reasons. Working to a 72 hour fast next month & a 7 day fast in winter. Its good for you!

rjones28 07-20-21 07:05 PM

Finally made it out to our club's Tuesday night TT only to have a thunder storm roll in just after the start time. The "race director" thought the storm was going to stay to the north, based on the radar. He was wrong. Right about the time I rolled out of the start, the wind started whipping around -- headwind, crosswind -- blowing me around. Then the rain came. Apparently, the other riders bailed (I did see some lightning on course) but by the time the race director drove by me to let me know, I was already soaked so I just finished the ride. Finally got a bit of a tail wind during the last mile of the TT course.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3186391fe2.png

datlas 07-20-21 07:13 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22150731)
Finally made it out to our club's Tuesday night TT only to have a thunder storm roll in just after the start time. The "race director" thought the storm was going to stay to the north, based on the radar. He was wrong. Right about the time I rolled out of the start, the wind started whipping around -- headwind, crosswind -- blowing me around. Then the rain came. Apparently, the other riders bailed (I did see some lightning on course) but by the time the race director drove by me to let me know, I was already soaked so I just finished the ride. Finally got a bit of a tail wind during the last mile of the TT course.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3186391fe2.png

So you won?? :bday:

Velo Vol 07-20-21 07:14 PM


Originally Posted by sshakari (Post 22150729)
Its good for you!

Maybe.

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22150731)

:twitchy:

Velo Vol 07-20-21 07:18 PM

Let's have an Addiction day of fasting tomorrow. I already did mine, since I'm ahead of everyone this week.

rjones28 07-20-21 07:24 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22150741)
So you won?? :bday:

I was first and last.

MinnMan 07-20-21 07:26 PM


Originally Posted by sshakari (Post 22150729)
I fast every other week for 36-48 hours for health & spiritual reasons. Working to a 72 hour fast next month & a 7 day fast in winter. Its good for you!

would that be with or without time on the trainer?

(smh)

rjones28 07-20-21 07:26 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22150745)
Maybe.

:twitchy:

Oops. Should have warned you about the cycling content.

LesterOfPuppets 07-20-21 07:26 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22150731)
Finally made it out to our club's Tuesday night TT only to have a thunder storm roll in just after the start time. The "race director" thought the storm was going to stay to the north, based on the radar. He was wrong. Right about the time I rolled out of the start, the wind started whipping around -- headwind, crosswind -- blowing me around. Then the rain came. Apparently, the other riders bailed (I did see some lightning on course) but by the time the race director drove by me to let me know, I was already soaked so I just finished the ride. Finally got a bit of a tail wind during the last mile of the TT course.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3186391fe2.png

Good thing you went with the 30mm section aero rims instead of the deep dish!

Velo Vol 07-20-21 07:29 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22150757)
Oops. Should have warned you about the discombobulated colour scheme.

Fixed.

rjones28 07-20-21 07:30 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22150749)
Let's have an Addiction day of fasting tomorrow. I already did mine, since I'm ahead of everyone this week.

Pass.

rjones28 07-20-21 07:34 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22150758)
Good thing you went with the 30mm section aero rims instead of the deep dish!

I was the only rider on a non-aero bike.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:50 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.