Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

indyfabz 10-31-21 09:43 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22290214)
Yep. I'm guessing the cheese and seasonings covered up the squash taste well enough to enjoy it. I'm just not a squash fan. It did look good though.

Then you would definitely not like it. Squash flavor still shone through.

WhyFi 10-31-21 10:01 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22290281)
I was just thinking about him the other day. Where did he go?

He popped in a while back. IIRC, he'd had some health complications and had shelved riding. I guess he's one of those folks that feel funny about frequenting a forum for xyz when they no longer participate in xyz.

Edit: https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycl...xviii-348.html

Mojo31 10-31-21 10:04 AM


genejockey 10-31-21 10:16 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22290035)
Whatever a frequent cycle turns out to be--six months, twelve months--it doesn't matter. The question is about the bodies' reaction to subsequent injections.

Which is why it's a hypothetical, because it's not possible to answer it yet. We'll know more in about 5 months.

We don't even know that there will be a need for more than a third shot. Most pediatric vaccines, there are several shots in the first couple years and none after that, but the protection lasts. And no, response doesn't diminish with subsequent vaccinations. It increases. That's why they do them that way. When we immunize mice to generate antibodies, we do it repeatedly over a number of weeks, and the antibody titer increases, and the antibodies being produced increase in affinity as the B-cells undergo somatic mutation, affinity maturation, and class switching.

Mojo31 10-31-21 10:40 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22290316)
Which is why it's a hypothetical, because it's not possible to answer it yet. We'll know more in about 5 months.

We don't even know that there will be a need for more than a third shot. Most pediatric vaccines, there are several shots in the first couple years and none after that, but the protection lasts. And no, response doesn't diminish with subsequent vaccinations. It increases. That's why they do them that way. When we immunize mice to generate antibodies, we do it repeatedly over a number of weeks, and the antibody titer increases, and the antibodies being produced increase in affinity as the B-cells undergo somatic mutation, affinity maturation, and class switching.

Them is some big ass words. 🤓

genejockey 10-31-21 10:46 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22290340)
Them is some big ass words. 🤓

I'm trying to establish street cred.

indyfabz 10-31-21 10:57 AM

Just got a text that elderly aunt and uncle will be hosting Turkey Day this year for we fully-vaccinated family members.

indyfabz 10-31-21 11:00 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22290349)
I'm trying to establish street cred.

Just buy it.


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...abaa13e5d.jpeg

datlas 10-31-21 11:23 AM

Did a moderate paced ride with friends this morning. I felt fine during and after, so I believe the effects of my shot are gone. :bday:

ls01 10-31-21 01:17 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22289624)
Itís reasonable to postpone for a bit. I suspect eventually it will be recommended for all. Stay tuned.

No reason to develop a booster if it's not going to be recomended

ls01 10-31-21 01:37 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22289870)
I'll just wait for someone who will tell me what I want to hear.

fft

Velo Vol 10-31-21 01:38 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22290302)
Perfect morning for a ride - sunny and 55-65. Some weird-looking cattle.

Fixed.

ls01 10-31-21 01:40 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22289864)
you're asking him if people get booster shots every 6 months. there hasn't been a second round of boosters, so hypothetical.

I think it's more about the post shot reaction. If one received a booster vaccination once every 6 months would the post shot reaction lessen each time? Remain the same or get worse? Or unknown?

DougRNS 10-31-21 01:41 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22290468)
No reason to develop a booster if it's not going to be recomended

sound reasoning. Where were you last night when we needed you to set vol on the right track? He is a troubled bear.

Velo Vol 10-31-21 01:42 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22290316)
And no, response doesn't diminish with subsequent vaccinations. It increases. That's why they do them that way. When we immunize mice to generate antibodies, we do it repeatedly over a number of weeks, and the antibody titer increases, and the antibodies being produced increase in affinity as the B-cells undergo somatic mutation, affinity maturation, and class switching.

Finally someone addressed the question I actually asked, I think.

Mojo31 10-31-21 01:45 PM

I had 3 full dose Moderna shots - December, January, and October. The reaction to each was about the same both in symptoms and duration.

I am sure others have had different experiences.

One day of side effects beats 14 days of COVID.

Velo Vol 10-31-21 01:45 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22290492)
I think it's more about the post shot reaction. If one received a booster vaccination once every 6 months would the post shot reaction lessen each time? Remain the same or get worse? Or unknown?

Now you've done it. Prepare for incoming


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...18a6a614d5.png

DougRNS 10-31-21 01:48 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22290377)
Did a moderate paced ride with friends this morning. I felt fine during and after, so I believe the effects of my shot are gone. :bday:

so you're #MightyDoug again?
Of the thousands of rides over 33 years I've felt worse on a scant few and better on most. Excluding the normal exercise induced fatigue.
#TheJoyOfRiding
#GoodForWhatAilsYou

DougRNS 10-31-21 01:52 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22290494)
Finally someone addressed the question I actually asked, I think.

YOU don't even know? I give up. SMH.

DougRNS 10-31-21 01:55 PM

Nap activity achieved. It does a body good.
#Science
#AwesomeIsntEasy

DougRNS 10-31-21 01:57 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22290497)
Now you've done it. Prepare for incoming


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...18a6a614d5.png

what does a drowning gold fish mean?
#Cyptic

DougRNS 10-31-21 02:03 PM

Creepy fact. This guy was on the roof of a dormitory overlooking the stadium yesterday.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5eaedefbe6.jpg

I sought out security and pointed it out and it was local law enforcement. Never saw that before.
#SeeSomethingSaySomething
#EagleEye
#NotOnMyWatch

Velo Vol 10-31-21 02:12 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22290505)
YOU don't even know? I give up. SMH.

I'm not 100% sure that the immune response he mentioned = flu-like symptoms

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22290511)
what does a drowning gold fish mean?
#Cyptic

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6c97329ae4.gif

Mojo31 10-31-21 02:16 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22290530)

Good use of your legal education right there.

WhyFi 10-31-21 02:24 PM

I saw on Strava that I was a measly 6km away from completing the 1250km monthly challenge, so I decided to go for a little spin to get over the line. Despite being cool and gusty, it was nice to take the road bike out; it had been a week or so. Being out also illustrated my disparity between generating power outside vs inside. Since I was feeling pretty decent, I decided to see if I could bump my FTP estimate one last time for the season - done and done! :bday:

Oh, and who says that all BMW drivers are aholes?! While on a parkway, I was able to grab the draft of a little electric Bimmer. I don't know when he noticed me, but he clearly did, and he held a nice, steady 25mph for me, in to the wind. After a mile and a half, I signaled my turn off, I waved in thanks and my wave was returned. :love:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:11 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.