Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

rjones28 10-14-21 06:35 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22269442)
Just crashed, bad. Unfurling believable.


Front wheel is bent, tire is popped still trying to see any other damage. Kit is destroyed. Helmet did its job.

:eek:

Glad you're well enough to post about it.

seedsbelize2 10-14-21 06:36 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22269064)
Among younger guys, there are still whispers of 'old man strength,' enough so that many aren't looking to test it out.

My dad remained quite strong right up to the end. He became feeble, but remained strong

seedsbelize2 10-14-21 06:44 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22269442)
Just crashed, bad. Unfurling believable.


Front wheel is bent, tire is popped still trying to see any other damage. Kit is destroyed. Helmet did its job.

On the new bike?!
Crabon wheels bend? They don't just break?
I have broken two helmets. I rode on from one of them. They DO work.

BillyD 10-14-21 06:46 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22269442)
Just crashed, bad. Unfurling believable.


Front wheel is bent, tire is popped still trying to see any other damage. Kit is destroyed. Helmet did its job.

WTF!!

Also, as a pilot you need to distinguish whether your crash was of the cycling variety or the flying variety. Makes a big difference.

bampilot06 10-14-21 06:49 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22269490)
:eek:

Glad you're well enough to post about it.

well, It took an hour for the wife to get me.

bampilot06 10-14-21 06:51 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22269504)
On the new bike?!
Crabon wheels bend? They don't just break?
I have broken two helmets. I rode on from one of them. They DO work.


The front wheel is no longer true.

So I assume itís bent.

Yes on the new bike.

Yes I am extremely pissed off.

Currently it looks like, New tire, new tube, straighten wheel and new tape. Hopefully nothing else I canít see.

bampilot06 10-14-21 06:56 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22269452)
bampilot06 First thing, I'd suggest replacing the cassette on your Kickr. Both of my Kickrs came with cheap cassettes that I could never get the noise out of with any of my bikes. Putting a different cassette on cured that immediately.

I asked my LBS whether they had trouble with the cassettes on new Kickrs and he confirmed that they replace them, too.


I put my wifeís cassette on it. Itís a 9 spd and I put the washer like it said too. The more I pedaled know it last night the better it felt. Maybe it needed to by broken in, but as far as the set up I never got it to do the calibration spin. I have not tried any other settings or activities on it yet.

MoAlpha 10-14-21 07:11 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22269442)
Just crashed, bad. Unfurling believable.


Front wheel is bent, tire is popped still trying to see any other damage. Kit is destroyed. Helmet did its job.

Oh, ****! What happened?

MoAlpha 10-14-21 07:16 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22269263)
Remember that you've got multiple screens.

And three fields dedicated to lights? :twitchy: When your batteries are low, you should get a notification - I don't see much need to keep track of them beyond that.

Off the top of my head, I have:
Speed
Distance
3sec power
Cadence
HR
kJ (helps with longer-term pacing)
Time of day (I got places to be)
Ride time (again, pacing)
Direction (navigation and wind considerations)

To me, average power isn't that important unless I'm doing an interval, so it's in my lap screen, not my main screen.

Just got the eye-watering estimate for new boat electronics. All Garmin. For just a little bit more I could fly you out to set up the menus on all five displays.

LAJ 10-14-21 07:26 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22269535)
Oh, ****! What happened?

This. Dangit.

Mojo31 10-14-21 07:39 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22269541)
Just got the eye-watering estimate for new boat electronics. All Garmin. For just a little bit more I could fly you out to set up the menus on all five displays.

Just think about what you are doing for the economy, and be proud you can be a part of the solution. :thumb:

Mojo31 10-14-21 07:42 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22269507)
WTF!!

Also, as a pilot you need to distinguish whether your crash was of the cycling variety or the flying variety. Makes a big difference.

Most would presume that if he crashed while flying he would not be posting about it.

Velo Vol 10-14-21 07:47 AM

Oh boy.

Velo Vol 10-14-21 07:54 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22269541)
Just got the eye-watering estimate for new boat electronics.

Go old school.


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5b531e01cc.png

DougRNS 10-14-21 08:04 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22269512)
The front wheel is no longer true.

So I assume itís bent.

Yes on the new bike.

Yes I am extremely pissed off.

Currently it looks like, New tire, new tube, straighten wheel and new tape. Hopefully nothing else I canít see.

sorry to hear about this in Jan 2020 I wrecked my new CAAD 12 and eventually needed a new frame. Hoping your problem will be minor.

Velo Vol 10-14-21 08:08 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22269594)
in Jan 2020 I wrecked my new CAAD 12 and eventually needed a new frame.

What happened?

DougRNS 10-14-21 08:25 AM

I Just had my consult for the discogram. Only made me confused and have no idea what to do next. Follow up 3 weeks from now after thinking about. Then back to neurosurgeon with questions. The only thing I learned is it is not black and white. I thought this was getting me down the road and now I'm stuck in a rest area parking lot.
#Screwed

Mojo31 10-14-21 08:27 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22269583)

The autopilot doesn't know how to use those.

MoAlpha 10-14-21 08:37 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22269615)
The autopilot doesn't know how to use those.

Frankly, neither do I.

Velo Vol 10-14-21 08:39 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22269611)
Only made me confused and have no idea what to do next. Follow up 3 weeks from now after thinking about.

That's because you haven't had time to think about it.

genejockey 10-14-21 08:39 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22269512)
The front wheel is no longer true.

So I assume itís bent.

Yes on the new bike.

Yes I am extremely pissed off.

Currently it looks like, New tire, new tube, straighten wheel and new tape. Hopefully nothing else I canít see.

:(

genejockey 10-14-21 08:45 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22269519)
I put my wifeís cassette on it. Itís a 9 spd and I put the washer like it said too. The more I pedaled know it last night the better it felt. Maybe it needed to by broken in, but as far as the set up I never got it to do the calibration spin. I have not tried any other settings or activities on it yet.

Turn off all other electronics except the trainer and the phone you're running the ap on. I ran into something like this with my Snap. If you've got a head unit, turn it off. Laptop? Close it. Definitely don't try to do a spindown on the Wahoo app while Zwift is open, even if you're not connected to it yet/

Velo Vol 10-14-21 08:49 AM

Got a call from an infusion place that my witch doctor's office, where I had been getting the treatments all along, had referred me there, and I need to schedule.

Seems like the kind of thing the witch doctor's office might have told me about. SMH.

BillyD 10-14-21 09:16 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22269568)
Most would presume that if he crashed while flying he would not be posting about it.

Ya think? I would have never thought of that. :rolleyes:

BillyD 10-14-21 09:19 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22269611)
I Just had my consult for the discogram. Only made me confused and have no idea what to do next. Follow up 3 weeks from now after thinking about. Then back to neurosurgeon with questions. The only thing I learned is it is not black and white. I thought this was getting me down the road and now I'm stuck in a rest area parking lot.
#Screwed

No facilities? No coffee? No snacks? Bummer. :(


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.