Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

rjones28 01-02-22 01:56 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22358931)
But look at the kind of bike they tide. Probably ride with Fluffy in the basket.

Sadly, Benson is too big for my basket.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ef3dcc1238.png

rjones28 01-02-22 02:01 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22358963)
Meanwhile, in the real quasi-north, insulated tights and winter jacket required to Zwift. :(

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c078c50496.jpg

How are your windmills holding up?

rjones28 01-02-22 02:04 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22358999)
I don't see that. I believe you're reading more into the legend than it is saying.

The legend reads: "Less than 0.0".

Velo Vol 01-02-22 02:07 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22359231)
How are your windmills holding up?

If he ceases transmissions for several days, we'll know why.

rjones28 01-02-22 02:07 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22359023)
That is the problem with that map. It makes no distinction between 1 person leaving and EVERYONE leaving.

In America, we only care about growth.

rjones28 01-02-22 02:11 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22359202)
Rained all day yesterday. Frost* overnight. Shoulda put the SportWagen in the garage. :o

* Froze

seedsbelize2 01-02-22 02:21 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22359020)
The interesting thing about these population change maps is that the trend over my lifetime has not only been from country to city, or at least metro area, but also from North to South. When I was younger, air conditioning was pretty rare, but nowadays everyone's got it, so the South is more liveable - warmer winters and all that. But with climate change, hot summers will become REALLY hot summers, so I wonder whether we'll see the population shifting North again.

Siberia is poised to be one of the most livable places on earth, so it is said.

seedsbelize2 01-02-22 02:24 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22359157)
Why?

It rarely records a complete ride.

BillyD 01-02-22 02:25 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22359005)
What is less than 0%? A negative percentage.

Maybe people here don't get maps, either. That would explain some things.

Donít get snotty. Itís a faulty map you presented, so Ö you know Ö not quality.

Mojo31 01-02-22 02:57 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22359264)
Donít get snotty. Itís a faulty map you presented, so Ö you know Ö not quality.

I agree. The map says ďPercent change in county population.Ē

If a county has 100 residents and 10 leave, thatís a 10% change. If 10 move in itís a 10% change.

The author of the map should have his tenure revoked if he canít write a more accurate title. SMH.

LAJ 01-02-22 03:03 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22359297)
I agree. The map says ďPercent change in county population.Ē

If a county has 100 residents and 10 leave, thatís a 10% change. If 10 move in itís a 10% change.

The author of the map should have his tenure revoked if he canít write a more accurate title. SMH.

No. That map is fine. Ask the ******g experts.

DougRNS 01-02-22 03:08 PM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c2eea21ff0.jpg
Map of people who piss me off, by state.
Grey = piss me off
Not Grey = Don't piss me off

MoAlpha 01-02-22 03:16 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22359306)
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c2eea21ff0.jpg
Map of people who piss me off, by state.
Grey = piss me off
Not Grey = Don't piss me off

Thats uncannily similar to my piss off map!

Mojo31 01-02-22 03:17 PM

A more meaningful map:


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...aa61882a01.jpg

gnome 01-02-22 03:24 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22359010)
Brown is negative, but with no gradation. Here's a map that tells you HOW negative. 2010 - 2018.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ecba7e0b45.jpg

A properly done legend. Velo Vol could take notes one selecting actually informative maps.

rjones28 01-02-22 03:25 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22359315)

Who can argue with this?

gnome 01-02-22 03:29 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22359227)
Sadly, Benson is too big for my basket.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ef3dcc1238.png

You just need to get a bakfiets or a dog trike for Benson. She'll appreciate it.

LAJ 01-02-22 03:31 PM


Originally Posted by gnome (Post 22359318)
A properly done legend. Velo Vol could take notes one selecting actually informative maps.

Nonononono.... That was a fine map. The legend was as clear can be. People are piping up hours later stating that fact.

Yes, the one you're showing is clear and concise, as was mentioned earlier, but that doesn't much matter.

rjones28 01-02-22 03:37 PM


Originally Posted by gnome (Post 22359322)
You just need to get a bakfiets or a dog trike for Benson. She'll appreciate it.

We got a trailer for her. She'll start using it in the spring.

big john 01-02-22 03:39 PM

It is beautiful here today, it always is after a good rain. High of 55, light winds, clear sky, and snow on the mountains in the distance. Got out for almost 3 hours of bike path spinning. One branch of the path was gated due to dirt and sand built up from high water last week. I hopped the gate and slogged through because I wanted to go that way.

On my way back a woman riding by saw me at the gate and she stopped to ask if I needed help, I guess getting my bike over the gate? Did I look frail? I'm sure she was just being nice, I shouldn't complain. Anyway she took off and I was going the same way. She was a strong rider, she could have lifted my bike over the gate, I'm sure.

DougRNS 01-02-22 03:48 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22359331)
It is beautiful here today, it always is after a good rain. High of 55, light winds, clear sky, and snow on the mountains in the distance. Got out for almost 3 hours of bike path spinning. One branch of the path was gated due to dirt and sand built up from high water last week. I hopped the gate and slogged through because I wanted to go that way.

On my way back a woman riding by saw me at the gate and she stopped to ask if I needed help, I guess getting my bike over the gate? Did I look frail? I'm sure she was just being nice, I shouldn't complain. Anyway she took off and I was going the same way. She was a strong rider, she could have lifted my bike over the gate, I'm sure.

That's one way to say it. Wink wink.
Bonus points for zero map content.

Mojo31 01-02-22 04:52 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22359324)
Nonononono.... That was a fine map. The legend was as clear can be. People are piping up hours later stating that fact.

Yes, the one you're showing is clear and concise, as was mentioned earlier, but that doesn't much matter.

None of it much mattered from the beginning, did it.

Mojo31 01-02-22 04:53 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22359331)
It is beautiful here today, it always is after a good rain. High of 55, light winds, clear sky, and snow on the mountains in the distance. Got out for almost 3 hours of bike path spinning. One branch of the path was gated due to dirt and sand built up from high water last week. I hopped the gate and slogged through because I wanted to go that way.

On my way back a woman riding by saw me at the gate and she stopped to ask if I needed help, I guess getting my bike over the gate? Did I look frail? I'm sure she was just being nice, I shouldn't complain. Anyway she took off and I was going the same way. She was a strong rider, she could have lifted my bike over the gate, I'm sure.

Prolly looking for some.

big john 01-02-22 04:58 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22359390)
Prolly looking for some.

Maybe she is looking for a grandfather figure?

Velo Vol 01-02-22 05:00 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22359263)
It rarely records a complete ride.

I just did a test ride and it did just fine, (this time).

Note the real, outdoors January miles, you Zwift softies.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:50 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.