Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

bampilot06 08-15-22 04:13 PM

Any thoughts on the Conti Grand prix 4 season tires? Canít find a good deal on GP5000 so Iím considering these for the ritchey.

LesterOfPuppets 08-15-22 04:15 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22611479)
RIP Campagnolo.

Trainsnorter is disappointed :)

Unless you're sending him all your Campy stuff that is.

LesterOfPuppets 08-15-22 04:18 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22611309)
My burning question of the day, at least in my mind, is whether my R7000 11-speed cassette will fit on the hub that my Sora 9-speed cassette occupies.

I find answers both ways, and I know that the best way to know is to take off the Sora cassette and try the other, and I'm working towards that.

I haven't kept that close an eye on Sora 9 stuff (or 11sp roadie stuff either really), but it probably won't work. You could put an 11-speed MTB cassette on there, but ...

bampilot06 08-15-22 04:20 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22611487)
I haven't kept that close an eye on Sora 9 stuff (or 11sp roadie stuff either really), but it probably won't work. You could put an 11-speed MTB cassette on there, but ...


I could actually try to do this in about an hour if you want me too. I have the hub and a 11 spd cassette readily available.

LesterOfPuppets 08-15-22 04:24 PM

I've heard of some folks machining down their HG freehub bodies a bit to allow an 11sp road cassette to go on.

LesterOfPuppets 08-15-22 04:25 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22611492)
I could actually try to do this in about an hour if you want me too. I have the hub and a 11 spd cassette readily available.

Oh, I don't care that much, but Mojo31 is anxiously awaiting your comprehensive report :)

Bah Humbug 08-15-22 04:28 PM

I wish I could get a N3W freehub for the Neo 2T. But I don't really need it, so maybe it's just as well.

Mojo31 08-15-22 04:30 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22611492)
I could actually try to do this in about an hour if you want me too. I have the hub and a 11 spd cassette readily available.

No need, I can do the same. Just haven't got to it yet. That's the next project.

WhyFi 08-15-22 04:32 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22611436)

I know (knew) a Cannonball record holder. Weird/interesting guy.

seedsbelize2 08-15-22 04:34 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22611055)
I never posted this before because I avoid A&S stories like the plague. But, I was hit a few weeks ago while riding on a local 55 mph county highway with a 6' paved shoulder. According to a witness, I was so far tho the right of the paved shoulder that I was barely on the pavement. The mirror of a pickup hit my left shoulder blade and catapulted me into the ditch. The driver didn't stop and the witness couldn't get the plate number.

Anyway, bike is fine and I'm ok except that I have a slight pain in my left shoulder where I was hit when I get tired like over 40 miles.

Be safe out there.

Sorry to hear. It could have been much worse.

WhyFi 08-15-22 04:34 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22611492)
I could actually try to do this in about an hour if you want me too. I have the hub and a 11 spd cassette readily available.

Bam giving mechanical advice is surely one of the bells of the apocalypse.

genejockey 08-15-22 04:36 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22611404)
Do you have it on showroom torch mode?

Get the calibration settings for that model on line, then set it up correctly. If you don't know how to do it, tell me the model and I'll look them up for you.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...bdaffdb5a4.jpg

datlas 08-15-22 04:40 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22611445)
So, Doc, how long do these muscle/bone pains/bruises last. This happened almost 8 weeks ago and I donít notice it until I consciously think about it.

It depends, but one annoying thing about aging is it takes longer to heal. I would hope you are 90% healed by now, but the last 10% may take another month or two.

Trsnrtr 08-15-22 04:45 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22611516)
Sorry to hear. It could have been much worse.

Yep. A taller truck would have hit me in the head.

Trsnrtr 08-15-22 04:47 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22611522)
It depends, but one annoying thing about aging is it takes longer to heal. I would hope you are 90% healed by now, but the last 10% may take another month or two.

That's pretty much what I figured. It doesn't really bother me until I think about it or get really tired.

rjones28 08-15-22 04:52 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22611463)
I have never driven on the Turnpike without encountering delay from some construction or other. You'd think, with construction always happening somewhere, AND with the support of tolls, it wouldn't be so ******.

But you'd be wrong.

This was on the Northeast Extension, up near Wilkes-Barre. Traffic's usually pretty light.

rjones28 08-15-22 04:55 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22611479)
RIP Campagnolo.

Trainsnorter is disappointed :)

Making ready for an 11-32 Sram cassette. Compromises must be made.

rjones28 08-15-22 04:56 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22611484)
Unless you're sending him all your Campy stuff that is.

Don't worry, the Campy stuff remains on the Allez. And I have most of a 10 speed Veloce group in inventory.

LesterOfPuppets 08-15-22 04:58 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22611509)
No need, I can do the same. Just haven't got to it yet. That's the next project.

Thinking some more about it, Bam's results wouldn't mean much to you. Unless you guys happen to have the same freehub bodies on your wheels.

rjones28 08-15-22 04:58 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22611499)
I've heard of some folks machining down their HG freehub bodies a bit to allow an 11sp road cassette to go on.

We did that a lot, a few years ago, for racers that didn't want to abandon their 10 speed wheels.

genejockey 08-15-22 05:09 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22611538)
This was on the Northeast Extension, up near Wilkes-Barre. Traffic's usually pretty light.

I was driving my MG on the Northeast Extension, heading back to Ithaca after visiting my brother west of Philly. I had bottomed out on his gravel driveway, but there didn't seem to be any damage. While I was driving through the Lehigh tunnel, I suddenly heard a rattling/scraping sound. I thought, "Ha! Some poor bastard's dropped an exhaust system!"

A few seconds later, I realized the sound was remarkably consistent

A few seconds after that, I noticed that I was seeing sparks behind my car.

So as soon as I exited the tunnel, I pulled over onto the shoulder. Rear exhaust hanger was busted. But this being an MG, I travelled with an assortment of stuff. I jury-rigged two hose clamps into a new exhaust hanger and I was on my way again.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ad1db2472.jpeg

And this being an MG, I left it that way for some time.

That was the second best jury-rig I ever did on that car. The first being the one I did when the throttle cable broke, and I used a Hoffman tubing clamp to hold the ends together long enough to get home.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d9b5f85d3.jpeg
Then I walked 3 miles to the auto parts store, bought a new cable and walked 3 miles back. But it was Ithaca, it was nice out, and I was still a ute.

genejockey 08-15-22 05:11 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22611445)
So, Doc, how long do these muscle/bone pains/bruises last. This happened almost 8 weeks ago and I donít notice it until I consciously think about it.

"I went to my doctor, I said, 'It hurts when I go like that.' He said, 'Don't go like that.'"

Jack Tone 08-15-22 05:11 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22611482)
Any thoughts on the Conti Grand prix 4 season tires? Canít find a good deal on GP5000 so Iím considering these for the ritchey.

Did you see the ad from Excel Sports today. 2 GP 4 seasons for $89?

bampilot06 08-15-22 05:13 PM


Originally Posted by Jack Tone (Post 22611572)
Did you see the ad from Excel Sports today. 2 GP 4 seasons for $89?


Yes, thatís why I was asking.

LesterOfPuppets 08-15-22 05:22 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22611568)
I was driving my MG on the Northeast Extension, heading back to Ithaca after visiting my brother west of Philly. I had bottomed out on his gravel driveway, but there didn't seem to be any damage. While I was driving through the Lehigh tunnel, I suddenly heard a rattling/scraping sound. I thought, "Ha! Some poor bastard's dropped an exhaust system!"

A few seconds later, I realized the sound was remarkably consistent

A few seconds after that, I noticed that I was seeing sparks behind my car.

So as soon as I exited the tunnel, I pulled over onto the shoulder. Rear exhaust hanger was busted. But this being an MG, I travelled with an assortment of stuff. I jury-rigged two hose clamps into a new exhaust hanger and I was on my way again.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ad1db2472.jpeg

And this being an MG, I left it that way for some time.

.

I took my belt off to do this on a late-'70s Ford Fiesta once. Ruined my belt, but it got me home :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:21 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.