Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Bicycle Mechanics (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Front force axs derailleur quit working (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1240582)

ls01 10-15-21 07:37 AM

Front force axs derailleur quit working

So it won't shift or move at all. If I try to put it in pairing mode, the light starts flashing immediately orange. It doesn't show up in my wahoo indicator either. It's like it doesn't exist. It worked fine last Monday when I rode it. Now nothing. Batteries are fully charged.

DaveSSS 10-16-21 07:27 AM

Try the sram axs owners page on Facebook or sram.com.

ls01 10-19-21 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by DaveSSS (Post 22271862)
Try the sram axs owners page on Facebook or sram.com.

Thanks

The MuffinMan 10-20-21 01:25 PM

email Sram support about your issue. A ticket will be assigned and someone will work with you through the issue. I had issues too when I first set up AXS on my bike and the tech gear head guy was very hlepful.
support@sram.com

Gravel Rider 10-20-21 01:29 PM

1st world problems.

ls01 10-27-21 05:56 AM

So here's how this works out.
I get in touch with Srams help desk they talk me, well, email me, through several resets, firmware updates, trouble shootings. Etc. In the end the Derailleur is dead. Memory corruption. It's pretty common. If you look on the internet there is a growing number of bricked parts.
But, since I bought my group on ebay I am not eligible for any warranty. But what really sucks is being told to, "feel free to take it to an authorized Sram dealer for repair and maybe they can help you out " not even a crash replacement offer.

Koyote 10-27-21 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22285251)
So here's how this works out.
I get in touch with Srams help desk they talk me, well, email me, through several resets, firmware updates, trouble shootings. Etc. In the end the Derailleur is dead. Memory corruption. It's pretty common. If you look on the internet there is a growing number of bricked parts.
But, since I bought my group on ebay I am not eligible for any warranty. But what really sucks is being told to, "feel free to take it to an authorized Sram dealer for repair and maybe they can help you out " not even a crash replacement offer.

Sorry for your troubles...But that is standard retail procedure. If you want a warranty, buy through an authorized channel.

The MuffinMan 10-27-21 06:53 AM

That's a bummer. How old is it, how many miles? You could just buy another one on ebay and replace it. I see lots of them and some not too expensive. Good luck. You'd probably wait a lot longer and pay more by going through a dealer. I just ordered a rear Force AXS rear derailleur (no battery) from Taiwan for $269 new as a back up for just such an occurrence. However, it will be at least 3 weeks before I see it. Who knows with shipping these days. As we all know the bike industry is all messed up for product availability and delivery lead times.

ls01 10-27-21 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Koyote (Post 22285273)
Sorry for your troubles...But that is standard retail procedure. If you want a warranty, buy through an authorized channel.

Right. But then why sell to someone obviously purchasing to redistribute?

EDIT; just to add. I wasn't expecting them to replace it or jump through hoops. But a crash warranty or discount would have gone a long way towards making this right. I didn't provide the update that killed it.

ls01 10-27-21 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by The MuffinMan (Post 22285290)
That's a bummer. How old is it, how many miles? You could just buy another one on ebay and replace it. I see lots of them and some not too expensive. Good luck. You'd probably wait a lot longer and pay more by going through a dealer. I just ordered a rear Force AXS rear derailleur (no battery) from Taiwan for $269 new as a back up for just such an occurrence. However, it will be at least 3 weeks before I see it. Who knows with shipping these days. As we all know the bike industry is all messed up for product availability and delivery lead times.

I did, $240ish.

Koyote 10-27-21 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22285400)
Right. But then why sell to someone obviously purchasing to redistribute?

Even if SRAM did sell the groupset to the eBay seller (did they? do you know this?), it's irrelevant. You bought on the gray market, and that means no warranty.

ls01 10-27-21 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Koyote (Post 22285407)
Even if SRAM did sell the groupset to the eBay seller (did they? do you know this?), it's irrelevant. You bought on the gray market, and that means no warranty.

I get it.
But understand I am still a consumer of their product. Like it or not. My opinion does matter. Eventually they are going to get called on this firmware debacle. This is a monster of their making not mine. Had I crashed and it stopped working, ok fine no problem . But a firmware update should not kill the part its updating. No matter how I came to posses the item.