Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

Mojo31 01-27-22 10:28 AM

I have my Garmin control the lights on the Trek, and that works pretty well.

I have those Specialized Stix lights on my other bike, and they are manual control only.

WhyFi 01-27-22 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22389110)
Hmmm...I never even considered having my Bolt control lights. I didn't even know that was thing. I'm also not so sure I need/want it.

Like I said, it's a nice little bonus. With it, there's no need to touch the Varia, other than to mount it - the light starts and stops with the start/stop of your activity. Oh, the other nice thing, and again I don't know if this has changed recently, but the Varia 510 couldn't be operated with the radar on and the light off unless you had ANT+ Light control. I've never had any complaints about the light in a group setting, but it's still nice to be able to turn it off as a courtesy while still getting the benefit of the radar.

Eric F 01-27-22 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22389115)
Like I said, it's a nice little bonus. With it, there's no need to touch the Varia, other than to mount it - the light starts and stops with the start/stop of your activity. Oh, the other nice thing, and again I don't know if this has changed recently, but the Varia 510 couldn't be operated with the radar on and the light off unless you had ANT+ Light control. I've never had any complaints about the light in a group setting, but it's still nice to be able to turn it off as a courtesy while still getting the benefit of the radar.

I have a 515. I don't think the option for light-off/radar-on is an option. I wish it was.

genejockey 01-27-22 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22389096)
What little activity there is could have stayed in the C&V subforum, no? Or just the Road sub. I guess this was discussed before they started that sub.

I'd have thought so, yeah. But they moved a few older posts from C&V over there, IIRC.

Velo Vol 01-27-22 11:00 AM

Not P&R, cycling content. I didn't remember this:

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d015e457fe.png

genejockey 01-27-22 01:26 PM

Slow day. Everyone must be doing Wordle.
Wordle 222 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mojo31 01-27-22 01:45 PM

Shopping for a wedding photographer, and trying to hit a price point. I think I'd rather be roasted by a cannibal on an open spit.

It seems the current lingo is "investment" rather than "price." They are only fooling themselves.

LAJ 01-27-22 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22389358)
Shopping for a wedding photographer, and trying to hit a price point. I think I'd rather be roasted by a cannibal on an open spit.

It seems the current lingo is "investment" rather than "price." They are only fooling themselves.

"Tools in the toolkit" seems to be the phrase of the day. See if you can incorporate that into some meaningful questions. "At the end of the day" for extra credit.

Mojo31 01-27-22 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22389384)
"Tools in the toolkit" seems to be the phrase of the day. See if you can incorporate that into some meaningful questions. "At the end of the day" for extra credit.

Actually, I want to know what tools they have in their toolkit! It seems every girl over 18 with a Canon Rebel is a wedding photographer.

big john 01-27-22 02:17 PM

When I got married the future FIL volunteered to do the photography, being an amateur photog with a bunch of nice equipment. I don't remember if we gave him any money for expenses or whatever but the pictures came out really bad. He took a ton of them and I don't know what he did wrong but the lighting or exposure or something was really way off.

Mojo31 01-27-22 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22389397)
When I got married the future FIL volunteered to do the photography, being an amateur photog with a bunch of nice equipment. I don't remember if we gave him any money for expenses or whatever but the pictures came out really bad. He took a ton of them and I don't know what he did wrong but the lighting or exposure or something was really way off.

Wedding photography is a challenge, and to do it right you have to know what you are doing. I shot my sister's third wedding for her. It was a *****, even though I'm fairly skilled with a camera. The lighting is a challenge, and it can be tough to get good detail in both the bride's white dress and the groom's dark suit. I was one and done after the experience.

And then you have to deal with the bride and her mom.

datlas 01-27-22 02:42 PM

For our wedding 31 years ago, we simply asked our guests who took pics to check the box for 2 copies of prints at the developers (one for them and one for us), so we got LOTS of good pics for $0.

#thrifty

datlas 01-27-22 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22389384)

Don't forget "drill down," I wonder if you need a special drill in the toolkit to drill down.....

LAJ 01-27-22 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22389389)
Actually, I want to know what tools they have in their toolkit! It seems every girl over 18 with a Canon Rebel is a wedding photographer.

Well then! You got this!

Mojo31 01-27-22 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22389425)
For our wedding 31 years ago, we simply asked our guests who took pics to check the box for 2 copies of prints at the developers (one for them and one for us), so we got LOTS of good pics for $0.

#thrifty

We will be asking people to keep their phones and cameras put away.

Nothing worse than the bride and dad/groom walking down the aisle with everyone holding their phone up trying to the the "perfect" photo.

#qualityisimportant

LAJ 01-27-22 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22389428)
Don't forget "drill down," I wonder if you need a special drill in the toolkit to drill down.....

Forgot about drill down. I need another few press conferences to get the lingo right. A few staph meetings to work on it, and get a few more pointers will also help.

Mojo31 01-27-22 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22389428)

I'll be taking a deep dive into the weeds, for sure.

Mojo31 01-27-22 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22389441)
Forgot about drill down. I need another few press conferences to get the lingo right. A few staph meetings to work on it, and get a few more pointers will also help.

Sure wouldn't want to attend any staph meetings!

seedsbelize2 01-27-22 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22389329)
Wordle 222 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I don't know whether I'm sliding deeper into the cold or in the recovery process. Prolly the former, judging by the number of cold pills left in the box.
Tooling along in good spirits though. I have a nice collection of audio books saved up.
AND. I'm resting comfortably in the hammock. Imagine being laid up in that infernal bed! The timing of this one was good.

seedsbelize2 01-27-22 03:13 PM

We have a grand total of three wedding pics.
#Don'tdopics

Mojo31 01-27-22 03:23 PM

This is a first wedding for two young love birds. Gotta meet the standard.

LAJ 01-27-22 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22389443)
Sure wouldn't want to attend any staph meetings!

There's a reason I spell it in such a way :)

big john 01-27-22 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22389411)

And then you have to deal with the bride and her mom.

Her mom was a sweetheart. Never had any issue with her and never heard a negative word from her. Her husband the photographer was cool to me but known to be a dick to his wife. He was actually my wife's stepfather and she couldn't stand him.

Mojo31 01-27-22 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22389496)
Her mom was a sweetheart. Never had any issue with her and never heard a negative word from her. Her husband the photographer was cool to me but known to be a dick to his wife. He was actually my wife's stepfather and she couldn't stand him.

As customers, the bride and her mom can be a handful.

That's a different relationship than wife and step-mom.

rjones28 01-27-22 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22389329)
Wordle 222 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Benchmarking household demographic series.