Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=340)
-   -   Return Shipping of a Wahoo Trainer (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1263941)

greyfox47 11-25-22 01:36 PM

Return Shipping of a Wahoo Trainer

Curious to get info from anyone who has returned their Wahoo smart trainer to Wahoo in the Atlanta area after purchasing it direct from Wahoo. Their website says to assume a 60 lb shipment from any carrier if returning a trainer. I went to Fedex and UPS's website and entered my Colorado zip code and a random Atlanta, GA zip code and 60 lbs. Both sites showed estimates of about $125 to over $600. Has anyone ever returned a trainer after purchasing directly from Wahoo? If so, how much did you pay for the shipping?

unterhausen 11-27-22 03:33 PM

I would check on one of the shipping resellers. I think bikeflights would ship a trainer, for example. I have gotten decent rates from Pirate Ship. If you pay retail you are paying too much. From here in Happy Valley, I get a quote of $50 from Pirate Ship for a 60 pound box, 18" x 18" x 18" Their calculator makes it a pain to check for other origination addresses.

texbiker 11-28-22 06:44 AM

You don't say why you are returning the trainer. Why not call Wahoo and ask them?

greyfox47 11-28-22 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by texbiker (Post 22723153)
You don't say why you are returning the trainer. Why not call Wahoo and ask them?

I haven't purchased the trainer yet. Wahoo has a few refurbished trainers available that I'm considering. I did call Wahoo with questions about the trainers available. When I brought up the issue of the return process, the agent said all returns go to their Atlanta, GA location. However, when I asked about cost, she replied that she wasn't able to provide that information for policy reasons.

greyfox47 11-28-22 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by unterhausen (Post 22722736)
I would check on one of the shipping resellers. I think bikeflights would ship a trainer, for example. I have gotten decent rates from Pirate Ship. If you pay retail you are paying too much. From here in Happy Valley, I get a quote of $50 from Pirate Ship for a 60 pound box, 18" x 18" x 18" Their calculator makes it a pain to check for other origination addresses.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of "Pirate Ship" or any options other than Fedex and UPS.

texbiker 11-28-22 08:03 PM

I bought a refurbished Kickr Core trainer a couple of months ago. It works great. I saved the box in case something was wrong but now I will probably get rid of it.

Sounds like you are concerned about having a problem. I think that would be a warranty issue.

Leisesturm 11-29-22 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by texbiker (Post 22723850)
Sounds like you are concerned about having a problem. I think that would be a warranty issue.

Anyone that concerned about a problem before they've even pulled the trigger IS going to have a problem. Then they'll be out the shipping and is there a re-stocking charge for returning merch sold with a limited warranty? What is 15% of an open box Wahoo Trainer? O.p. should spend that money on the SO. Don't buy the trainer. Don't do it.

unterhausen 12-03-22 12:27 PM

I've never heard of anyone complaining about return shipping of a kickr. Unfortunately, I feel like that doesn't mean a lot, but it's something. Since they pay less, it would be nice if more companies would let you pay them if you need to ship something to them and it's your responsibility to pay.