Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

Velo Vol 11-29-21 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22323516)
Supermarket Checkstands

Checkstands?

genejockey 11-29-21 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22323556)
Checkstands?

That's what they call the place with the conveyor belt, where they scan your items and you pay for them. Don't they have those in Tennessee?

Velo Vol 11-29-21 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22323565)
Don't they have those in Tennessee?

Nope. We have registers or check-out stations.

BillyD 11-29-21 01:27 PM

Tennessee has been known to produce some very fine whiskey and some very fine music. 2 out of 3 in the legendary Wine, Women & Song trilogy is commendable.

LAJ 11-29-21 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22323432)
It really looks cool, but the price is quite high and the benefits are dubious at best.

What's your point?

Trsnrtr 11-29-21 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22323599)

Yep, check-out lanes or registers.

Which reminds me, I need to go grocery shopping. Now, where's my mask, wallet...

Velo Vol 11-29-21 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22323602)
Tennessee has been known to produce some very fine whiskey and some very fine music. 2 out of 3 in the legendary Wine, Women & Song trilogy is commendable.

+ athletes

genejockey 11-29-21 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22323599)

I got news for you. You have checkstands.

Velo Vol 11-29-21 02:00 PM

Must be West Coast lingo.

genejockey 11-29-21 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22323649)

I wouldn't know. This is the only place I live.

WhyFi 11-29-21 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22323535)
I'm glad Zwift doesn't do that, but even if they did, the incremental nature of the improvements you get with better bikes or better wheels would hardly be worth it.

It would be worth it monetarily to Zwift, I'm sure, which is why I'm surprised that it hasn't happened in some capacity. Part of it might be the fact that they're trading on the names and products of actual manufacturers - that could be tricky to manage.

In the end, it's still your legs that matter.

Until you get pipped. :innocent:

indyfabz 11-29-21 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22323649)

Like in Utah?

indyfabz 11-29-21 02:45 PM

Pfizer booster appointment at the end of the day Friday. I got so messed up from the first two that I don't want this one to interfere with work.

genejockey 11-29-21 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22323700)
It would be worth it monetarily to Zwift, I'm sure, which is why I'm surprised that it hasn't happened in some capacity. Part of it might be the fact that they're trading on the names and products of actual manufacturers - that could be tricky to manage.

I suspect that such a move would end up being unpopular, since there are people out there already investing a lot of money in Smart trainers, and Kickr Climbs, and fancy computers, and such - "And now I gotta buy a bike? Geez!"

Until you get pipped. :innocent:
I think back then I might have just been riding the Zwift Carbon bike, but with the DT Diecuts. With my 2021 Aeroad, I'd have beaten him by 0.2 seconds, instead of 0.1!

genejockey 11-29-21 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22323704)
Pfizer booster appointment at the end of the day Friday. I got so messed up from the first two that I don't want this one to interfere with work.

So instead of ruining THEIR time, you're going to let it ruin YOUR time.

genejockey 11-29-21 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22323703)
Like in Utah?

Or Nebraska.

datlas 11-29-21 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22323704)

Makes more sense to ensure it does not interfere with cycling. :innocent:

genejockey 11-29-21 03:25 PM

The Black Bibs just sent an email announcing new products. One of these is bibs in camo fabric. One problem with the picture is that they used black thread to stitch in the chamois, so it looks like they drew a big black circle around yer junk.
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5dcad1e7c.jpeg

Mojo31 11-29-21 03:34 PM

Rapha Core jacket arrived today.

Sad thing is that I probably won't be on my bike until mid-Dec.

Mojo31 11-29-21 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22323754)
The Black Bibs just sent an email announcing new products. One of these is bibs in camo fabric. One problem with the picture is that they used black thread to stitch in the chamois, so it looks like they drew a big black circle around yer junk.

Well, when you run across that good looking chica on your ride, isn't that what you want her looking at? You certainly don't want her looking at your arms.

But, what do I know.

WhyFi 11-29-21 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22323725)
I suspect that such a move would end up being unpopular, since there are people out there already investing a lot of money in Smart trainers, and Kickr Climbs, and fancy computers, and such - "And now I gotta buy a bike? Geez!"

No - you wouldn't have to buy a bike/custom kit/wheels/OSPW/whatev, but you would have the option to buy one. And if you think that it wouldn't be lucrative, you don't know players and their love of skins -

DMarket, which has a platform for trading skins, estimates the skin market is $40 billion a year.

MoAlpha 11-29-21 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22323488)
Yeah, it's not on my foolish spending list even though that list can be long at times.

As to driving, my parking skills suffer because I hate rubbing my wheels on the curbs and scuffing the rims. That is one of my biggest fears driving. Because of that, I avoid parallel parking in everything but the Jeep. I also have a severe case of OCD when it comes to door dings, and will drive around looking for the perfect parking space, to the point that my wife frequently says to just drop her at the door.

No need to say it, I know I'm weird.

I totally understand that. LSS has 45-profile tires on her car, but she’s pretty good at parking by back-up camera and has only garfed up one wheel in the five years she’s owned it.

MoAlpha 11-29-21 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22323754)

Not to mention the unwearable pattern and the “just wrong on so many levels” pocket.

MoAlpha 11-29-21 04:01 PM

I'm glad Zwift doesn't do that, but even if they did, the incremental nature of the improvements you get with better bikes or better wheels would hardly be worth it. In the end, it's still your legs that matter.

So not worth it. I think I have well over 4 million unspent points.

WhyFi 11-29-21 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22323793)
... and the “just wrong on so many levels” pocket.

Say that after you've used 'em. I scoffed at the idea a few years ago but, after all of one ride with cargo bibs, I would prefer to have them rather than not. They keep stuff readily available while holding it securely and unobtrusively.