Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

LAJ 04-03-20 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21398264)
The Patriots organization juggernaut shipping 1 million masks has already been upstaged by a single solitary basketball player shipping 10 million masks.
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/c...professionals/

It's always cool to minimize the good done by someone, by pointing out the MORE good.

WhyFi 04-03-20 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21398275)
I don't see the problem.

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21398288)
Hmmm... :foo:

Yeah, multi-quote has worked better than ever since they done re-did it.

For those having problems, check the multi-quote box for every post *except* the last one that you'd like to quote - you simply hit the "quote" on that one and you should be good to go.

BillyD 04-03-20 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jadesfire (Post 21398282)
It would have been something along the lines of 12 weeks working with local populations. I don't have any particulars on possible projects, unfortunately, as even applying (and I had a very good chance of being accepted) is a moot point now- considering it just came up on my Handshake site a couple of months ago. But here's a brief intro to the organization:
Who We Are « Uganda Village Project

Awesome objectives..

MoAlpha 04-03-20 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21398253)
I can't stand being around moping old folks during normal times, I damn sure don't want to be around therm now.

They're probably the ones being most careful these days, or that's what I assumed.

abshipp 04-03-20 06:52 AM

Oh, how the Lord is testing me...

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik...090182465.html

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...409b749ac2.jpg

I have absolutely no business owning one of these, but that certainly doesn't kill the desire to own one.

Funny bikes are already super cool, but a Hellenic-stay funny bike just takes things to the next level.

And it's the only one I've ever seen that's my size.

MoAlpha 04-03-20 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jadesfire (Post 21398282)
It would have been something along the lines of 12 weeks working with local populations. I don't have any particulars on possible projects, unfortunately, as even applying (and I had a very good chance of being accepted) is a moot point now- considering it just came up on my Handshake site a couple of months ago. But here's a brief intro to the organization:
Who We Are « Uganda Village Project

Very cool. The demand won't go away.

BillyD 04-03-20 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21398289)
It's always cool to minimize the good done by someone, by pointing out the MORE good.

But you fail to see the potential for these one-percenters competing with one another for the public good . . . THAT'S what I'm looking at. :)

But yes, I'm also asking how is it they could only manage one million masks? Publicity stunt crosses my mind, but that's just ol' cynical me.

Velo Vol 04-03-20 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21398248)
Sounds like you need a new bike to me.

Which shifter and what model?

Shimano 6600.

For a while the back one has done this weird thing were sometimes it does not want to shift to smaller gears on cooler rides. Then on warmer days it works fine. I don't get it.

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21398261)
I've got a bunch of spare parts. :)

I remember you said you had saddles. I was going to try to measure myself to use to find a better fit. Maybe my project this weekend.

seedsbelize 04-03-20 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21397886)
You didn’t get them?

No. I guess I have to wait for yours. Mine was the only positive response. Someone must have slipped in on the sly

LAJ 04-03-20 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21398307)
But you fail to see the potential for these one-percenters competing with one another for the public good . . . THAT'S what I'm looking at. :)

But yes, I'm also asking how is it they could only manage one million masks? Publicity stunt crosses my mind, but that's just ol' cynical me.

And silly me for even giving what I can, because people have such high standards for what giving should be.

abshipp 04-03-20 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21398347)
Shimano 6600.

For a while the back one has done this weird thing were sometimes it does not want to shift to smaller gears on cooler rides. Then on warmer days it works fine. I don't get it...

Huh. Maybe just needs to be cleaned out. The mechanism in the shifter isn't working when it's cold, it's not just that the cable is maybe binding somewhere?

And to be clear, when you say shifting to smaller gears, you're talking about the shifter releasing cable instead of pulling, right?

Trsnrtr 04-03-20 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21398349)
No. I guess I have to wait for youts. Mine was the only positive response. Someone must have slipped in on the sly

Bummer. :(

abshipp 04-03-20 07:34 AM

I was going to try to measure myself to use to find a better fit. Maybe my project this weekend.

I tried that once and bought a saddle based on my results.

It didn't work out for me, unfortunately.

I don't know whether to interpret what happened as that the measurement was BS, or that the recommended saddle width based on my measurement was BS.

Good luck.

bampilot06 04-03-20 07:34 AM

Shimano 6600.

For a while the back one has done this weird thing were sometimes it does not want to shift to smaller gears on cooler rides. Then on warmer days it works fine. I don't get it.

d.

Don’t do cooler rides.

Velo Vol 04-03-20 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21398356)
Huh. Maybe just needs to be cleaned out. The mechanism in the shifter isn't working when it's cold, it's not just that the cable is maybe binding somewhere?

And to be clear, when you say shifting to smaller gears, you're talking about the shifter releasing cable instead of pulling, right?

Other than squirting WD40 into the brifter I don't know much of what can be done about it.

I'm talking about shifting to the smaller gears after you've climbed the hill.

LAJ 04-03-20 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21398375)
Other than squirting WD40 into the brifter I don't know much of what can be done about it.

Bet the cable may be sticking. Something is preventing it from doing what it naturally should do.

Velo Vol 04-03-20 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21398364)
Don’t do cooler rides.

If I had the choice I'd never ride below 60F.

Velo Vol 04-03-20 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21398381)
Bet the cable may be sticking. Something is preventing it from doing what it naturally should do.

Oh.

seedsbelize 04-03-20 07:45 AM

Sounds to me like whatever lube is inside the housing is the problem. You're capable of changing cables and housings, certainly.

WhyFi 04-03-20 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21398307)

"What's that - you're giving me this beautiful horse! Well, let's take a look at those teeth!" :rolleyes:

a) Marbury hasn't done anything yet except announce his intent. If he gets it done, good on him.
b) no matter the intention, that's *really* cynical to think, "oh, they only provided a million masks to health care professionals that'll be helping others that are dying."
c) big numbers get thrown around all the time, so we tend to lose our grasp on the magnitude. A million. That's a thousand... a thousand time over. That's a lot. A lot, a lot. But they didn't purchase 1 million. They purchased 1.7 million - 1.4 are allotted to MA, and 300,000 are being sent to NY. Also, it's a passenger plane - the first shipment was 1.2 million and they need to go back for the rest.

Ball sports rivalries are good, dumb fun, but shouldn't be confused with the real world.

BillyD 04-03-20 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21398349)
No. I guess I have to wait for yours. Mine was the only positive response. Someone must have slipped in on the sly

Hopefully a set price was stated up front and no bidding took place.

bampilot06 04-03-20 07:49 AM

When mine was doing something similar cleaning it wd40 fixed the problem. I had an issue on cold days it was shifting weird or not shifting at all.

abshipp 04-03-20 07:49 AM

Gotcha. I guess just try flushing it a few more times and cycle it a lot. I think that a select few people have successfully overhauled Shimano STI stuff, but they are few and far between,. They really don't like going back together after being taken apart, unlike Campagnolo Ergopower levers.

eBay has quite a few in the $70-$100 range. Seems like the path of least resistance if flushing doesn't work. You should be able to swap one out without even needing to remove bar tape.

However:

As a regular Addiction poster, I am required by Addiction bylaws to recommend you look into the Cervelo closeouts on excelsports.com and pick out the R series of your choice.

seedsbelize 04-03-20 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21398398)
Hopefully a set price was stated up front and no bidding took place.

All on the up and up. It was pisted at 1 AM

WhyFi 04-03-20 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21398400)
As a regular Addiction poster, I am required by Addiction bylaws to recommend you look into the Cervelo closeouts on excelsports.com and pick out the R series of your choice.

Correct.