Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

ksryder 07-12-21 12:42 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22138531)
Ha! No, that's in the living room, in front of the TV. Greyhounds like soft beds, so has one of those (about 3' on a side) in the living room and another in the bedroom. Hell, I don't even have my own room.

Everyone I know with a Greyhound calls them 45 mph couch potatoes.

DougRNS 07-12-21 12:43 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22138597)
Except I eat applesauce in the morning, not in the evening.

I've eaten the same thing for breakfast every day since 2006 and there's nothing wrong with me.

genejockey 07-12-21 12:48 PM


Originally Posted by ksryder (Post 22138685)
Everyone I know with a Greyhound calls them 45 mph couch potatoes.

Yep! Which is why you don't let them on the couch. Or the bed.

ksryder 07-12-21 12:49 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22138665)
Like a Cavalier.

My parents were the masters of buying cheap crappy GM cars and I inherited a couple of them when I was teenager. Chevette; Geo Metro; Cavalier; check. One of the first cars I bought on my own was a Chevy Celebrity that I bought from the neighbor for, idk, maybe $1500? Anyway they were all miserable underpowered hunks of turd and they were always a PITA to work on and they made me hate GM with a burning passion that penicillin won't get rid of. On the bright side at least they taught me how to drive stick (because that was back when it was cheaper to by a manual than an automatic.)

Sometime in the last 15 years they've wised up and have only bought Hondas and Toyotas. I'm firmly in the "I'll never buy an American car again in my life" camp.

big john 07-12-21 12:58 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22138611)
My Dad showed Fred Rogers how applesauce is made.

Seriously! "Mister Rogers Neighborhood" was filmed in Pittsburgh, and of course the plant where Dad worked is also in PA - though its about a 4 hour drive. And the company decided Dad would be their best spokesman to show Mister Rogers how applesauce is made. So Dad was on Mister Rogers, back in about 1984.

My sister's late husband made wonderful applesauce. He used multiple varieties of apples and sweetened it with strawberries. I would ask for some to take home when we went there.

big john 07-12-21 01:12 PM


Originally Posted by ksryder (Post 22138700)
My parents were the masters of buying cheap crappy GM cars and I inherited a couple of them when I was teenager. Chevette; Geo Metro; Cavalier; check. One of the first cars I bought on my own was a Chevy Celebrity that I bought from the neighbor for, idk, maybe $1500? Anyway they were all miserable underpowered hunks of turd and they were always a PITA to work on and they made me hate GM with a burning passion that penicillin won't get rid of. On the bright side at least they taught me how to drive stick (because that was back when it was cheaper to by a manual than an automatic.)

Sometime in the last 15 years they've wised up and have only bought Hondas and Toyotas. I'm firmly in the "I'll never buy an American car again in my life" camp.

I worked on cars starting in 1971 and was a G.M. dealer tech from 1989 until I retired. I have worked on Hondas and Toyotas and many other brands and I'm not particularly impressed with any brand. I've also owned different brands and the worst cars I've had were an International Harvester truck, a Volvo, and a Toyota. I stick with G.M. cars now because I have access to parts and service and information and programming and whatever I need to keep them going on the cheap.

If not for those advantages I wouldn't be brand loyal but I'm always selective about the model I buy.

genejockey 07-12-21 01:20 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22138732)
I worked on cars starting in 1971 and was a G.M. dealer tech from 1989 until I retired. I have worked on Hondas and Toyotas and many other brands and I'm not particularly impressed with any brand. I've also owned different brands and the worst cars I've had were an International Harvester truck, a Volvo, and a Toyota. I stick with G.M. cars now because I have access to parts and service and information and programming and whatever I need to keep them going on the cheap.

If not for those advantages I wouldn't be brand loyal but I'm always selective about the model I buy.

Based on that, I'd be willing to bet you never owned a Renault.

big john 07-12-21 01:30 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22138742)
Based on that, I'd be willing to bet you never owned a Renault.

lol. No, but I worked at a dealer where we serviced them. The Alliance and the Encore weren't too bad once I got the hang of them. The Fuego and the Le Car were from hell, however.
I was teaching automotive classes at a school here for a few years. I told someone that a Fiat was the worst car in the world and one of the other teachers overheard me. His reply was "Obviously you've never worked on an Audi".

Mojo31 07-12-21 01:31 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22138621)
As you can see, my Dad was one of those guys who could pull off a bowtie!

Clip on or real?

indyfabz 07-12-21 01:33 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22138638)
Only one 'g', but surprisingly, no! Biglerville is the home of Musselmans, which was the sworn enemy* of Knouse Foods, Dad's company. KF is based in Peach Glen, which really is just a spot where a couple roads come together, in the middle of a bunch of orchards. That's where the factory they toured is.

I was sort of near there last September. Rode up PA 233 from Caledonia State Park but only got as far as Shippensburg Road. From there I plunged down to PA 234 and continued east. Pretty area.

genejockey 07-12-21 01:40 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22138763)
Clip on or real?

Real, of course!

When we received the box with Dad's ashes, one of my sisters tied one of his bow ties around it. Also, put Mom's pearls around her box.

I guess that may seem weird, but that's how we roll.

genejockey 07-12-21 01:41 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22138767)
I was sort of near there last September. Rode up PA 233 from Caledonia State Park but only got as far as Shippensburg Road. From there I plunged down to PA 234 and continued east. Pretty area.

234? So you went through the Narrows, and through my ACTUAL hometown, Arendtsvillle?

datlas 07-12-21 01:42 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22138772)
Real, of course!

When we received the box with Dad's ashes, one of my sisters tied one of his bow ties around it. Also, put Mom's pearls around her box.

I guess that may seem weird, but that's how we roll.

Do you want a Halo headband around yours?? :innocent:

genejockey 07-12-21 01:44 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22138776)
Do you want a Halo headband around yours?? :innocent:

You can put a cycling jersey around it. A Castelli Large ought to be about the right size, given the boxes are about 6" on a side.....

genejockey 07-12-21 01:45 PM

Also, I don't wear a Halo, I wear a Sweat Gutr, and only when Zwifting.

datlas 07-12-21 01:45 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22138778)
You can put a cycling jersey around it. A Castelli Large ought to be about the right size, given the boxes are about 6" on a side.....

lol

I told my wife that if I go first, it's up to her what they do with my remains. Donate the organs (if they work ok) and the rest is up to them.

datlas 07-12-21 01:46 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22138779)
Also, I don't wear a Halo, I wear a Sweat Gutr, and only when Zwifting.

I prefer the Halo, but only in July/August.

indyfabz 07-12-21 01:53 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22138775)
234? So you went through the Narrows, and through my ACTUAL hometown, Arendtsvillle?

Yep. I have been through there twice. 2013 and 2020. First time I took 234 from U.S. 30. Nice little stretch is the Narrows. Stopped at that little park across from the gas station to eat a snack both times. Took 234 all the way to its eastern end.

genejockey 07-12-21 02:00 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22138803)
Yep. I have been through there twice. 2013 and 2020. First time I took 234 from U.S. 30. Nice little stretch is the Narrows. Stopped at that little park across from the gas station to eat a snack both times. Took 234 all the way to its eastern end.

The Narrows used to be a fun place where we'd go and just clamber over boulders in the creek for fun. Then somebody bought it and posted it. :mad:

genejockey 07-12-21 02:03 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22138782)
lol

I told my wife that if I go first, it's up to her what they do with my remains. Donate the organs (if they work ok) and the rest is up to them.

Mrs. GeneJockey wants a Green Burial, or alternatively to be composted. All I can think of is "So, that'll be your accomplice there in the wood chipper?"
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d14d9191b0.jpg

BillyD 07-12-21 02:08 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22138390)
Ever since they did what they did, LPLO is ridiculous

I can't remember the last time I incurred a LPLO. I use OSX/Safari.

BillyD 07-12-21 02:24 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22138395)
Blue berries, strawberries are fine. But why waste them in a pie?

Speaking of blueberries and strawberries, I just blew up my lo-carbs daily allowance with a reckless post-workout smoothie. The berries, along with half a banana, protein powder and coconut milk totaled a whopping 34 grams of carbs, blowing past my daily allowance of 27 grams max. :(

Tomorrow's another day. :)

LAJ 07-12-21 02:27 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22138823)
I can't remember the last time I incurred a LPLO. I use OSX/Safari.

Right. It only messes with the Goggle. I use Brave, which is a Goggle based thing.

LAJ 07-12-21 02:29 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22138510)
And the Cimmaron?

A Cavalier with stripper shoes.

BillyD 07-12-21 02:33 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22138530)
Because I say no to blackberries in pie?

No. That's just the tip of the iceberg. :lol:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:29 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.