Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Show your Motobecane Grand Record (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=815513)

oneclick 07-05-22 09:32 AM


Originally Posted by 52telecaster (Post 22564169)
the stem is an odd choice. I don't recognize it.

gb.

52telecaster 07-05-22 04:57 PM


Originally Posted by oneclick (Post 22564317)
gb.

Ty!

motogeek 07-11-22 08:34 PM

It's odd for a GB stem to be on a Motobecane. Usually they were on Raleighs and other British bikes. Motos normally came with Pivo or Philiipe stems and bars. The diameter on GBs and the French stems are not the same, and the GB may have been forced into the Moto steerer tube, sometimes creating a split on the flat part of the steerer.

52telecaster 07-11-22 09:25 PM


Originally Posted by motogeek (Post 22571623)
It's odd for a GB stem to be on a Motobecane. Usually they were on Raleighs and other British bikes. Motos normally came with Pivo or Philiipe stems and bars. The diameter on GBs and the French stems are not the same, and the GB may have been forced into the Moto steerer tube, sometimes creating a split on the flat part of the steerer.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f75710f01f.jpg
Turns out it was a nitto. I bought the bike.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8ecb97dcba.jpg
Current iteration.
Also, the steerer was fine. The stem went in and out just like it was supposed to.

oneclick 07-12-22 03:00 AM

Not gb then.

And nicer.

motogeek 07-12-22 10:53 AM


Originally Posted by 52telecaster (Post 22571669)
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f75710f01f.jpg
Turns out it was a nitto. I bought the bike.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...8ecb97dcba.jpg
Current iteration.
Also, the steerer was fine. The stem went in and out just like it was supposed to.

Cool. I'm not familiar with that style of Nitto stem. Doubt that it's original tho. It's probably shorter than the original stem for a more upright position to go along with the upright bars

52telecaster 07-12-22 12:28 PM


Originally Posted by motogeek (Post 22572177)
Cool. I'm not familiar with that style of Nitto stem. Doubt that it's original tho. It's probably shorter than the original stem for a more upright position to go along with the upright bars

It had non original bars and brakes... Sidepulls Gran compe.
I put the upright bars on it as my arthritic neck prefers them.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.