Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

LesterOfPuppets 04-06-22 04:26 PM

Oooh, I love the compass rose they've superimposed on the video.

WhyFi 04-06-22 04:28 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22463977)
There's some action on the Two Harbors webcam right now!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAKfJ0KyS4w

Two Harbors is where they're holding Tall Ships, this time around.

Velo Vol 04-06-22 04:28 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22463961)
Will ride and run like hell in the morning.

Both?

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22463971)
She takes two painting classes

Two?

Velo Vol 04-06-22 04:29 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22463977)
There's some action on the Two Harbors webcam right now!!!

I see one harbour.

Velo Vol 04-06-22 04:42 PM

Happy 406 Day.


Bah Humbug 04-06-22 04:43 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22463971)
Kept man status looking better and better?

Mrs datlas is retired. She takes two painting classes, a Spanish class, and generally seems quite happy with the situation.

The problem is, if they sever me, they owe me 8 months and counting of pay. I'm not retiring; I'm going to hang around until they try to make me move. I want that severance.

However, I do not really fear the notion of getting let go anymore. And frankly if I did, I'd probably rest a bit, get my lifeguard cert as a light-duty bit of spending money backup, and then look for online work as a QA consultant or similar. Something I can still take care of the house with. AG missed that when I was in CO last time.

datlas 04-06-22 04:44 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22463980)

Two?

Yup. Tuesdays and Fridays. I believe one is figure painting (with a model) and one is landscape/still life. Both are oil painting. I have posted her paintings, she is talented IMO.

Bah Humbug 04-06-22 04:45 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22463980)
Both?

Well, yeah. Tri geek at heart still.

Oh and that last trip to CO also revealed how much I really benefit from having a trainer session to warm up with. The low-impact movement helps not just my hip but knees and ankles and all that haven't been asked to run much in a while. Long build-up back to marathon status.

Velo Vol 04-06-22 04:52 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22464001)
Yup. Tuesdays and Fridays. I believe one is figure painting (with a model) and one is landscape/still life. Both are oil painting. I have posted her paintings, she is talented IMO.

She should paint a bicycle for your office.

seedsbelize2 04-06-22 05:01 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22463999)
The problem is, if they sever me, they owe me 8 months and counting of pay. I'm not retiring; I'm going to hang around until they try to make me move. I want that severance.

However, I do not really fear the notion of getting let go anymore. And frankly if I did, I'd probably rest a bit, get my lifeguard cert as a light-duty bit of spending money backup, and then look for online work as a QA consultant or similar. Something I can still take care of the house with. AG missed that when I was in CO last time.

You've won. Congratulations. Take yourselves out to dinner to celebrate the new you.

DougRNS 04-06-22 05:08 PM


Originally Posted by mvnsnd (Post 22463254)
Speaking of bike pictures, my winter project finally made it outside. Rides great, but need to dial the fit a little.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...eef640acb7.jpg

very hot. Bonus points for horizontal top tube. What size?

DougRNS 04-06-22 05:19 PM

I have rider assisted shifting. No batteries required. Maybe someday I'll ride again.
#FormerCyclist

DougRNS 04-06-22 05:28 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22463907)

That's very close the campus of our KSU Owls. I heard about it on the radio traffic report on the way home. Not sure how long it had things blocked.

bampilot06 04-06-22 05:42 PM

I flick my shifters at least once a day. I donít think I have flicked them once since I got sick.

That would not surprise me if they died during this time.

abshipp 04-06-22 05:43 PM

Does ibuprofen ease muscle fatigue?

I took 400mg before my ride since my wrist has been hurting a bit lately.

Wrist didn't hurt as much as last time I rode and I also felt really great on the bike.

Velo Vol 04-06-22 05:52 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22464030)
Maybe someday I'll ride again.
#FormerCyclist

Tomorrow looks decent.


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22464036)
That's very close the campus of our KSU Owls. I heard about it on the radio traffic report on the way home. Not sure how long it had things blocked.

You slipped through the checkpoint, eh?

Mojo31 04-06-22 05:59 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22463971)
Kept man status looking better and better?

Mrs datlas is retired. She takes two painting classes, a Spanish class, and generally seems quite happy with the situation.

Mine, too. She worked for a year, and decided that sheit ainít for her.

No kept man status likely. ☹️

Bah Humbug 04-06-22 06:24 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22464045)
Does ibuprofen ease muscle fatigue?

I took 400mg before my ride since me wrist has been hurting a bit lately.

Wrist didn't hurt as much as last time I rode and I also felt really great on the bike.

It won't ease fatigue, but it will definitely make you not feel the aches. Now if your wrist is injured, ibuprofen will let you ignore it for a while. Emphasis on "for a while".

Mojo31 04-06-22 06:28 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22464001)
Yup. Tuesdays and Fridays. I believe one is figure painting (with a model) and one is landscape/still life. Both are oil painting. I have posted her paintings, she is talented IMO.


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a7db226a9e.gif

LAJ 04-06-22 06:53 PM

Careful what you take when you stress your body. It tends to exacerbate the bad that it may cause.

Velo Vol 04-06-22 06:58 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22464045)
I took 400mg before my ride since me wrist has been hurting a bit lately.

Rheumatoid arthritis?

LAJ 04-06-22 07:00 PM

:notamused::troll::cry:

These were all the cars on the sunken Felicity Ace (the full manifesto) (topgear-nl.translate.goog)

Bah Humbug 04-06-22 07:05 PM

I mean, I wouldn't kick a Bentayga out of my garage.

Mojo31 04-06-22 07:21 PM

Or, Porsche “other.”

abshipp 04-06-22 07:24 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22464085)
It won't ease fatigue, but it will definitely make you not feel the aches. Now if your wrist is injured, ibuprofen will let you ignore it for a while. Emphasis on "for a while".

Gotcha. I think it definitely helped my wrist but overall I may just be getting a little more fit.

Wrist has been a tiny bit sore for a while, but since I've moved to being a full time mechanic it's gotten worse with all the lifting & wrench turning.


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22464113)
Rheumatoid arthritis?

Wouldn't be surprised at all if I had psoriatic arthritis. Seems to move around my body randomly and oddly seems to get worse as skin flare-ups get better.

rjones28 04-06-22 07:46 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22463696)
No one has heard of them.

Incorrect.

rjones28 04-06-22 07:46 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22463700)
Obviously rjones28 had.

And all of my classmates.

LesterOfPuppets 04-06-22 08:03 PM

A local Sprouts has the tallest ribbon racks I've ever seen. Shaq would like 'em.

https://ridewithgps.com/photos/12233714/large.jpg

Velo Vol 04-06-22 08:08 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22464138)
And all of my classmates.

You're a Raider?


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22464127)
Wouldn't be surprised at all if I had psoriatic arthritis. Seems to move around my body randomly and oddly seems to get worse as skin flare-ups get better.

Uh oh. If your wrist is bothering you in a manner not well explained by use/injury, and you have possible psoriasis, you should think about getting it checked out, maybe even at a dreaded witch doctor. I don't know too much about PsA, but it's said of RA that the earlier you get it diagnosed/start treatment, the easier it is to control.

rjones28 04-06-22 08:21 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22463878)
Does Wilmington, DE only have one high school?

Only one matters.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:22 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.