Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

gnome 04-14-22 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22472682)
Iím referring to 3, 4, 5,000 sq. ft. house neighborhood with at least 2 and often 3 car garages. How much crap can you store in them?

A multitude of bicycles. or and old/classic car or two.

Velo Vol 04-14-22 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22472773)
In all seriousness, I have know idea. I just checked runway closures and Instrument approach changes and donít see anything . Maybe new noise as abatement procedures are in place? Enough people close to an airport complain about noise they start making the aircraft fly over new areas.

Is there a website to look up flight rules by airport?

It's not all the flights, just every now and then, which is another mysterious element.

gnome 04-14-22 08:25 PM

Coffee time. Had to carefully balance the Moka pot on this stove. The hole in the trivet is a bit big.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ecb410caa.jpeg

LesterOfPuppets 04-14-22 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22472727)
Hey bampilot06, question about the biz:

The last few times I've been mowing at the church I spotted jets flying nearly overhead. That used to be rare.

What changed with the routing in and out of TYS, and why?

BITD F-15s from Luke AFB would go supersonic over our house all the time, rattled the windows a little bit.

Mojo31 04-14-22 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by gnome (Post 22472781)
A multitude of bicycles. or and old/classic car or two.

Most are full of boxes and junk.

genejockey 04-14-22 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22472682)
Iím referring to 3, 4, 5,000 sq. ft. house neighborhood with at least 2 and often 3 car garages. How much crap can you store in them?

When you have unlimited space, you can store unlimited crap.

datlas 04-15-22 05:18 AM

Wow, what a quiet night!

In other news, NJ announces they will begin recreational marijuana sales effective 4/21. Missed it by a day.

Mojo31 04-15-22 06:07 AM

Wordle 300 3/6

🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mojo31 04-15-22 06:18 AM

Thanks to the *****y convo yesterday, I’m now getting bidet ads everywhere. So as not to be selfish, this site is having a site wide sale, plus get an extra 10% by sharing your email address: https://bidetking.com/collections/bi...6OBtiwwAJofHH8

BillyD 04-15-22 07:15 AM

ironically, just yesterday I decided I would stop following links from you people. My computer is acting up. :notamused:

phrantic09 04-15-22 07:20 AM

I donít park my cars in the garage, nor would I even if I had unlimited space.

LAJ 04-15-22 07:24 AM

SMH

Wordle 300 5/6

⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LAJ 04-15-22 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22473032)
ironically, just yesterday I decided I would stop following links from you people. My computer is acting up. :notamused:

I don't put up links for ****ters or anything related to the same.

datlas 04-15-22 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22473038)
I donít park my cars in the garage, nor would I even if I had unlimited space.

Is this why your park in the driveway but drive on the parkway?

FWIW, we can fit both the Saturn and the Fit into our modest 2-car garage, but we only do so in advance of snowstorms.

phrantic09 04-15-22 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22473044)
Is this why your park in the driveway but drive on the parkway?

FWIW, we can fit both the Saturn and the Fit into our modest 2-car garage, but we only do so in advance of snowstorms.

No basement, so thatís our home gym area (treadmill, trainers, mat area + weights)

When it snows, we still leave them outside.

WhyFi 04-15-22 07:53 AM

I did enough snow swiping and ice scraping in my youth - particularly in the winter, I'll park the car in the garage, thankyouverymuch, In the summer, I'm not as particular, but it keeping the sun and occasional hail storm off of it is nice.

datlas 04-15-22 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22473047)
No basement, so thatís our home gym area (treadmill, trainers, mat area + weights)

When it snows, we still leave them outside.

Makes sense.

We are pretty lucky, in addition to the 2 car garage, we have a basement that is the same size as the footprint of the house. Half of it is finished for laundry/spare room/bathroom/stereo/pain cave, and half of it is unfinished "crawl space" for storage.

phrantic09 04-15-22 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22473073)
I did enough snow swiping and ice scraping in my youth - particularly in the winter, I'll park the car in the garage, thankyouverymuch, In the summer, I'm not as particular, but it keeping the sun and occasional hail storm off of it is nice.

If we had a basement, maybe would be different, but salt etc wrecks the floor and makes a mess.

WhyFi 04-15-22 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22473088)
If we had a basement, maybe would be different, but salt etc wrecks the floor and makes a mess.

Yeah, understood. Ours is also a detached garage, so very little incentive to use it as any kind of living or recreation space. There was a time when I was going to use the garage as a shop space and man cave, but there were a number of things that made that impractical.

seedsbelize2 04-15-22 08:36 AM

Doesn't anybody use AdBlock anymore? All this talk about ads following you around does not compute.

seedsbelize2 04-15-22 08:40 AM

The skin of the ibuprofen gelcap has significantly inferior strength characteristics than the blister pack that contains it. Who designs these things? If they wanted us to drink it from a straw, one would think a mini straw would be included on the box.

seedsbelize2 04-15-22 08:41 AM

I appear to have turned on stage four of the Tour of Sicily too late, Must have been a fast stage.

datlas 04-15-22 09:16 AM

I gotta go home after work and make two sets of matzo ball soup. Both will be veg, but my mom is gluten free so one batch will be regular and one smaller batch will be gluten free. Oy vey!

BillyD 04-15-22 09:17 AM

Unfortunately this 19th century palace of mine didn't come with a garage, that was pre-automobile, wasn't it?

Velo Vol 04-15-22 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22473109)
Doesn't anybody use AdBlock anymore? All this talk about ads following you around does not compute.

Yes. My life is relatively ad-free.

genejockey 04-15-22 09:43 AM

I was thinking about that one morning here, when the temps were just low enough for frost. It all melted off very quickly, but I remembered starting a freezing cold car, and scraping off the ice after scooping off the snow.

Then I remembered my second winter in Ithaca, with my MGB, after the heater core broke, so I had to run it a couple months with no heat. That was a whole lot of no fun.

Velo Vol 04-15-22 10:05 AM

Kind of a cringe moment in band the other day. Percussion guy on the drumset got called out by the director because he was coming in on a riff a beat or more early during a transition.

It took him four or five times repeating that one measure before he got it right. If I, who can't count, am thinking "Come on, man, it's on 4" you know it's pretty bad.

Mojo31 your skilz are needed. Now's the time to move to Knox County for better music, sports, etc.

indyfabz 04-15-22 10:06 AM

Sorry. Couldnít resist.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2335c7521.jpeg

Velo Vol 04-15-22 10:08 AM

My sister is touring through Cooperstown today. Yawn. If she wasn't with the school group, I'd implore her to check out nearby Cazenovia.

Bah Humbug 04-15-22 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22473185)
I was thinking about that one morning here, when the temps were just low enough for frost. It all melted off very quickly, but I remembered starting a freezing cold car, and scraping off the ice after scooping off the snow.

Then I remembered my second winter in Ithaca, with my MGB, after the heater core broke, so I had to run it a couple months with no heat. That was a whole lot of no fun.

Last time in Boulder, with the truck parked outside on a sub-freezing night, the morning was a reminder of all the way back into apartment life in Albany. I forgot how cold cars get outside. Garages are wonderful.