Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

WhyFi 07-26-20 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21607660)
Big fatigue and fitness numbers, low form, and massive and continuous slope in that fitness. The last thing Iíd worry about is adding TSS!

My form pre-ride yesterday was beyond green and in to gray, so it was that 3+ hours at 81% that brought it slightly in to the red and now I'm back in the green today. :foo:

MoAlpha 07-26-20 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21607668)
My form pre-ride yesterday was beyond green and in to gray, so it was that 3+ hours at 81% that brought it slightly in to the red and now I'm back in the green today. :foo:

The green means fitness is increasing week on week, which obviously becomes harder and harder to do. Here my chart:

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d756a40fb.jpeg
Thereís lots of green early in the season, but I canít sustain it and I canít live in the red. Iím too old and just donít recover.

MoAlpha 07-26-20 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21607668)

Just sent a follow request on Intervals.

genejockey 07-26-20 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21607684)
The green means fitness is increasing week on week, which obviously becomes harder and harder to do. Here my chart:

Thereís lots of green early in the season, but I canít sustain it and I canít live in the red. Iím too old and just donít recover.

Yikes! I wouldn't want to have to follow all of that stuff. Too much like work, by which I mean literally too much like my work, the stuff they pay me to do - data mining. Lucky for me I can't afford a power meter!

MoAlpha 07-26-20 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 21607703)
Yikes! I wouldn't want to have to follow all of that stuff. Too much like work, by which I mean literally too much like my work, the stuff they pay me to do - data mining. Lucky for me I can't afford a power meter!

Physiologists goní fizzle. I love my work; itís just an advanced and over-regulated form of play.

genejockey 07-26-20 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21607713)
Physiologists goní fizzle. I love my work; itís just an advanced and over-regulated form of play.

I'd find myself looking for meaning in the shape of the curves - plug them into Prism and test curve fits.....

MoAlpha 07-26-20 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 21607721)
I'd find myself looking for meaning in the shape of the curves - plug them into Prism and test curve fits.....

:lol: The data arenít that good.

datlas 07-26-20 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21607634)
:bday:

So, are you done for the week? Asking for a friend. :innocent:

Yes. Itís all yours. I mean your friendís.

LesterOfPuppets 07-26-20 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21607738)
Yes. Itís all yours. I mean your friendís.

so all's I need to do is spin an easy century by midnight? Hmmm

LesterOfPuppets 07-26-20 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21607772)

Or does the week end at midnight in Turkey? What's that, about 2pm?

datlas 07-26-20 10:51 AM

They should have a leaderboard for altitude. I could win that one pretty much every week.

Velo Vol 07-26-20 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21607647)
I'll take some of the banana sourdough bread in another week. :lol:

Fixed.

kissTheApex 07-26-20 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21607775)
Or does the week end at midnight in Turkey? What's that, about 2pm?

5pm eastern during DST. 4 pm eastern during EST, because his exultantness decided it was ďunnecessaryĒ several years ago. :notamused:

most probably his microscopic brain couldnít handle the change.

BillyD 07-26-20 11:02 AM

so all's I need to do is spin an easy century by midnight? In Phoenix. Arizona. Hmmm

Fixed.

seedsbelize 07-26-20 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21607643)
Heidi want to Target yesterday evening and asked if we needed anything. Mrs datlas told her to get 3 bananas. She comes home with 3 BUNCHES of bananas! Google tells me we can preserve the bananas from ripening if we wrap each stem individually with plastic cling wrap. Anyone ever try? Does it work? I can post results in a few days.

Peel and freeze them for smoothies

Bah Humbug 07-26-20 11:03 AM

I have 85 or 86 miles in the chamber I could upload, but not worth the effort for bronze.

Velo Vol 07-26-20 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by kissTheApex (Post 21607793)
5pm eastern during DST. 4 pm eastern during EST, because his exultantness decided it was ďunnecessaryĒ several years ago. :notamused:

most probably his microscopic brain couldnít handle the change.

wut

seedsbelize 07-26-20 11:16 AM

A lovely stretch of gravel today. I'm gonna hit that one more frequently. Now that I can self-identitify as a gravel rider. This might be as closely in sync with current trends as I have ever been.

Pirkaus 07-26-20 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21607643)
Heidi want to Target yesterday evening and asked if we needed anything. Mrs datlas told her to get 3 bananas. She comes home with 3 BUNCHES of bananas! Google tells me we can preserve the bananas from ripening if we wrap each stem individually with plastic cling wrap. Anyone ever try? Does it work? I can post results in a few days.

Freeze excess once they're ripe, throw I blender with strawberries, pineapple, chocolate sauce, and choice of milk, banana split smoothie 😋

WhyFi 07-26-20 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21607649)

And now, post ride with a little more training stress, I'm no longer green, but back in to the red for the day... but I should be back in the green again tomorrow, going by past efforts. So yeah, I'm not really sitting in the red as much as it looks like - I'm doing moderate efforts in the green, and it says I'm good to train, which dips me back in to the red for the remainder of the day. :foo:

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...68f8a54efa.jpg

big john 07-26-20 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21607622)
Ick. Yesterday was so sticky that I couldn't really use the (unwrapped) tops of my handlebars because they were too slickery with sweat that just wouldn't dry. While prepping in hopes of a late-morning ride, I noticed that there was still an oily sheen here and there. Puke.

Threw my salt encrusted gloves from yesterday in the wash and forgot to take a clean pair in the car today and I was slipping all over the bars. I like to put my palms on the hoods to stretch out but that wouldn't work. I was even slipping in the drops.

big john 07-26-20 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21607781)
They should have a leaderboard for altitude. I could win that one pretty much every week.

How many feet per year? When I was working and sort of keeping track I did at least 300K feet per year in about 6K miles. A friend did at least 600K every year for at least 15 years. He did it in about 8K miles. He was always slow and physical problems have caught up to him so I don't think he tries for that anymore.

I know 2 guys who have done 1 Million feet in a year. One of them was going to try for 2 million but said it became like a job and he started hating it.

datlas 07-26-20 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 21607946)
How many feet per year? When I was working and sort of keeping track I did at least 300K feet per year in about 6K miles. A friend did at least 600K every year for at least 15 years. He did it in about 8K miles. He was always slow and physical problems have caught up to him so I don't think he tries for that anymore.

I know 2 guys who have done 1 Million feet in a year. One of them was going to try for 2 million but said it became like a job and he started hating it.

I do aim for close to 100 feet/mile. Strava tells me I have 335k feet and 5K miles so far this year.

Velo Vol 07-26-20 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21607832)
Now that I can self-identitify as a gravel rider. This might be as closely in sync with current trends as I have ever been.

Aren't you old to be re-identifying?

DougRNS 07-26-20 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by velo vol (Post 21607956)
aren't you old to be re-identifying?

smh