Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

ls01 03-14-22 05:44 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22439018)
She dropped her car with the bolt in the tire at my office so she could take the Jeep to a Fort Worth appointment. I saw the problem, so I took her car home as I did not want to be stuck here with a flat and no spare. I then returned with the Taycan. Now, it's rained, so not only do I have to buy her a new tire, I have to wash what was a clean car.

First world, OCD problems.


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22439033)
It goes "tha thunk, tha thunk" as it goes round and round.

First. Tighten loose tire bolt.
second. Turn up radio.
you are welcome.

Bah Humbug 03-14-22 05:48 PM

Tomorrow is the first COTA bike night I'll be a scratch for. :cry:

rjones28 03-14-22 06:07 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22439167)
Tomorrow is the first COTA bike night I'll be a scratch for. :cry:

Bummer

big john 03-14-22 06:14 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22439152)
silly or not, it is the yardstick that is used to measure success. Everything else is secondary.

At some point pro athletes must retire. Some stay too long and it can be sad to see. He's probably not at that point yet but he'll be 45 next season. I know, he's taken care of himself and he rarely gets hit but he has nothing left to prove. Plus, I'm tired of him.

Bah Humbug 03-14-22 06:22 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22439188)
At some point pro athletes must retire. Some stay too long and it can be sad to see. He's probably not at that point yet but he'll be 45 next season. I know, he's taken care of himself and he rarely gets hit but he has nothing left to prove. Plus, I'm tired of him.

I would love to see him embarrassing himself. I probably won't watch another game of his, though.

WhyFi 03-14-22 06:26 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22439046)
Do any of you who are more serious about training do shortish recovery rides, say, after your longest day in the saddle? I'm thinking of adding a 30-45 minute, Z1 Zwift ride on Mondays after my long Sunday ride, because sometimes on Tuesdays it feels like I spend a lot of my warmup getting my legs not to feel sore.

I do, pretty regularly, in the summer; if my legs are sore, I find it helps to take a light spin. I'll take a day off completely here and there, too, but that's usually not because of physical fatigue... that's more of a break from those times when riding feels like a grind, mentally.

DougRNS 03-14-22 06:26 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22439167)
Tomorrow is the first COTA bike night I'll be a scratch for. :cry:

same

DougRNS 03-14-22 06:28 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22439039)
Turn up the radio.


LAJ 03-14-22 06:57 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22439082)
Got it, must try.


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22439129)
I'm in!

I hope you all like it. It took a while to work up from the base recipe to what I liked. That's the best part about it.. You can pretty much add or subtract to taste. I went with real whipping cream and a bit of powdered sugar, and other different ingredients, and went back to the trashy goodness that is Cool Whip.

Remove the chocolate and vanilla extract, add in 1/3-ish cup of fresh squeezed lemon, and it's a nice fluffy cheesecake. A little key lime cheesecake pie? 1/4 cup Nellie and Joe's Key West Lime juice. Again, add to taste.

Mojo31 03-14-22 07:20 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22439136)
The tire looks pretty worn out so at least you've got that, which is nice.

Actually, they are not very worn. There is still about 6/32” of tread. Tread depth when new is 8/32. They only have about 8,000 miles on them. I expect to get at least 15,000 out of the set.

The tires are “summer performance” tires, and tread depths when new are not as deep as all seasons, especially on the shoulders.

Mojo31 03-14-22 07:23 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22439226)
I hope you all like it. It took a while to work up from the base recipe to what I liked. That's the best part about it.. You can pretty much add or subtract to taste. I went with real whipping cream and a bit of powdered sugar, and other different ingredients, and went back to the trashy goodness that is Cool Whip.

Remove the chocolate and vanilla extract, add in 1/3-ish cup of fresh squeezed lemon, and it's a nice fluffy cheesecake. A little key lime cheesecake pie? 1/4 cup Nellie and Joe's Key West Lime juice. Again, add to taste.

Never met a dessert I didn’t like!

If desserts could form the basis of a veggie diet, I’d be on board.

Mojo31 03-14-22 07:31 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22439166)
First. Tighten loose tire bolt.
second. Turn up radio.
you are welcome.

I kind of like my wife, and want her to be in a safe car.

However odd that may seem to others.

big john 03-14-22 07:52 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22439253)
Actually, they are not very worn. There is still about 6/32” of tread. Tread depth when new is 8/32. They only have about 8,000 miles on them. I expect to get at least 15,000 out of the set.

The tires are “summer performance” tires, and tread depths when new are not as deep as all seasons, especially on the shoulders.

I have over 70K miles on the tires on my Trailblazer. It's about time for a set just by time. I used to have a connection through work but no more.

Mojo31 03-14-22 07:59 PM

The tires on the Macan are 295/30 21 and 265/40 21. There aren’t many options. Unfortunately, I like the stickier tires.

gnome 03-14-22 08:13 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22439053)
It's so easy you won't believe it.

1.5 packages of cream cheese
1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 large "good" candy bars. Can be dark or milk chocolate. Approximately 8 oz. Those work better than chips, because chips have oil in them and don't work well in the mix. Good though. Not Hershey's or that ilk.
1 8 oz tub of Cool Whip

Add the cream cheese into a mixing bowl and start breaking it down. I use the wire whip attachment. The end result will be no lumps. As it smooths out, add the condensed milk and vanilla. While this is all going on, break up the candy bars so when you put them in the microwave, the pieces melt nicely. When melted, take a healthy dollop of the Cool Whip, and mix it in the chocolate. This will keep it from solidifying again. Once the mixture in the bowl is smooth smooth smooth, you add the chocolate. Mix that all in well, and then once all that's done, add the Cool Whip. Make sure the Cool Whip is incorporated well. (I likely go too long, but it's yet to break, or not set up.

Shovel it into your 9" crust of choice. A chocolate crust is good, obviously, but Oreo, Graham, it's all good. You can pile it high, because it holds shape well, but I like to save enough to put into a couple extra ramekins line with some extra crust.... Grate some chocolate over the top, put it all in the fridge for at least 8 hours for the pie, whenever for the ramekins, because those set up quickly, The ramekins are for today eatin', no matter how late you make the pie.

Of course, you can add more or less chocolate, dependent on taste. Some like the cheesecake flavor to be strong, so go less than I suggest. this tempers it pretty well, and adding more, obviously gives more chocolate goodness.

It's rich

It's dirty... Cool Whip makes it so.

sounds tasty. I probably can't make it over here. :cry: I don't think we have Cool Whip. Also what size does your cream cheese come in? The other ingredients are in US oz which I can convert to metric which I understand.

LAJ 03-14-22 08:48 PM


Originally Posted by gnome (Post 22439316)
sounds tasty. I probably can't make it over here. :cry: I don't think we have Cool Whip. Also what size does your cream cheese come in? The other ingredients are in US oz which I can convert to metric which I understand.

The Cool Whip is an 8 oz tub, so if you can find some other frozen whipped cream in a tub, I bet it'll be close. Each package of Philly Cream Cheese is 8 oz.

LesterOfPuppets 03-14-22 08:49 PM


Originally Posted by gnome (Post 22439316)
sounds tasty. I probably can't make it over here. :cry: I don't think we have Cool Whip. Also what size does your cream cheese come in? The other ingredients are in US oz which I can convert to metric which I understand.

The cream cheese comes in half pound bricks

big john 03-14-22 08:59 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22439309)
The tires on the Macan are 295/30 21 and 265/40 21. There aren’t many options. Unfortunately, I like the stickier tires.

My friend who has a 240Z with a Corvette engine used to go through a set of sticky track tires in one session.

You wanna play you gotta pay.

indyfabz 03-15-22 03:52 AM

Still looking for my first 2.

Wordle 269 3/6

⬜🟨⬜🟩🟩
🟨⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

indyfabz 03-15-22 04:17 AM

Opened my credit card bill last night. There is a $309.80 charge at Whole Foods. I’ve disputed it. I’ll bet it was $39.80. But even that seems high considering I was on foot that day.

datlas 03-15-22 05:38 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22439507)
Still looking for my first 2.

Wordle 269 3/6

⬜🟨⬜🟩🟩
🟨⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Took me 5 today. Sad.

Mojo31 03-15-22 06:15 AM

Wordle 269 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟩
🟨🟨🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Average start to the day.

bampilot06 03-15-22 07:10 AM

Got stuck behind every school bus in willyburg this mornings ride.

Trsnrtr 03-15-22 07:23 AM

Wordle 269 3/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

LAJ 03-15-22 07:30 AM

********

Wordle 269 4/6

⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.