Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   bicycle related tattoos (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233363)

justinschulz9 06-23-21 12:30 PM

bicycle related tattoos

does anyone have any dope tattoos relating to the cycle industry? im searching for ideas

c_m_shooter 06-23-21 12:50 PM

I know a few with chainring tattoos

aplcr0331 06-23-21 01:07 PM

Here's the dope tattoo you get when you picked up cycling 2 years ago and "found your life purpose".

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...89bb8b520d.jpg

debade 06-23-21 04:00 PM

Not sure she would like me to share a pic but she has a Kokopelli riding a bike with ying/yang wheels. She designed it.

TLaurent 06-23-21 07:50 PM

I often have a partial chain ring image (from grease) that looks like a tattoo on my inner right calf. Good enough for me.

Chuck M 06-23-21 08:36 PM

There is a guy at work with the Hurley logo tattooed on his neck. Maybe you would want to go hardcore like that and get the Specialized, Trek or some other corporate logo indelibly marked on your body. Sell skin like sheetmetal on a NASCAR fender.

sean.hwy 06-23-21 10:22 PM

I don't have any.

Pinterest seems to have the most idea/photos for tattoos

Lazyass 06-24-21 03:03 AM

The tattoo fad is out of control. I got an Airborne tat in 1986 after I went in the military. Back then they were cool, not many people had them. In the 90's they went mainstream with the millennial's and now everyone has them, even girls. Now I don't want mine. When something turns mainstream it stops being cool. But man, the way so many people are completely covering their arms and crap today is horrific. And neck tattoos, my God. The worst is when I spot a very pretty girl, and then I see how she destroyed her body with a freaking tiger or something running down her leg :lol:

If you want to show your individuality today be one of the few who doesn't have one.

SapInMyBlood 06-24-21 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lazyass (Post 22115322)
The tattoo fad is out of control. I got an Airborne tat in 1986 after I went in the military. Back then they were cool, not many people had them. In the 90's they went mainstream with the millennial's and now everyone has them, even girls. Now I don't want mine. When something turns mainstream it stops being cool. But man, the way so many people are completely covering their arms and crap today is horrific. And neck tattoos, my God. The worst is when I spot a very pretty girl, and then I see how she destroyed her body with a freaking tiger or something running down her leg :lol:

If you want to show your individuality today be one of the few who doesn't have one.

There's a name for those people : cleanskins

mstateglfr 06-24-21 08:57 AM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ddb59343e3.jpg
Got it because I am tall and feel like a sasquatch/gorilla when riding.

SkinGriz 06-24-21 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by SapInMyBlood (Post 22115381)
There's a name for those people : cleanskins

What!!! I finally get to be in a special group?!?!

Rolla 06-24-21 09:41 AM

Who wore it better?

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d5dad45bab.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...62f02ccca2.jpg

mstateglfr 06-24-21 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by ridelikeaturtle (Post 22115977)

Fully agree with you, but having been born in '81, I really dislike your numbers. They arent wrong, I just dont like seeing them.
Oof, thats a rough reminder of age.

zandoval 06-24-21 01:12 PM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0f355cc799.jpg

downtube42 06-24-21 01:14 PM

Because a woman's body is there for your personal enjoyment, is that it? Does it get any more dysfunctional, misogynistic, and backwards?

Consider: we are now as far away from 1981, as someone in 1981 was from 1941... that's (roughly) where this mentality comes from, and it can stay there.

Nice perspective. To answer the question if how that tat is going to look when your 60, here you go
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...00f8d73775.jpg

WhyFi 06-24-21 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by mstateglfr (Post 22116076)
Fully agree with you, but having been born in '81, I really dislike your numbers. They arent wrong, I just dont like seeing them.
Oof, thats a rough reminder of age.

For me, the first I'm-getting-old gut punch was seeing my graduation year on the "you must have been born on or before this day in XXXX to buy alcohol" sign at the liquor store.

indyfabz 06-24-21 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22116187)
For me, the first I'm-getting-old gut punch was seeing my graduation year on the "you must have been born on or before this day in XXXX to buy alcohol" sign at the liquor store.

That’s why getting carded for booze makes me feel young. Sadly, it rarely happens anymore.

downtube42 06-24-21 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22116362)
That’s why getting carded for booze makes me feel young. Sadly, it rarely happens anymore.

I got carded two days ago, at a pizza place. I'm 60 and can pass for 58. I understand taking discretion out of the hands of the clerk is the right thing to do, but it seems awfully silly in the moment.

Edit: 60 and can pass for 58 was a joke, haha.

indyfabz 06-24-21 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by downtube42 (Post 22116447)
I got carded two days ago, at a pizza place. I'm 60 and can pass for 58. I understand taking discretion out of the hands of the clerk is the right thing to do, but it seems awfully silly in the moment.

True, especially if the business owner can get fined.

When I was 35 I got carded at a grocery store in Cortez, CO, where I was staying after a bike tour. I had food and a bottle of wine. Went to pay with a credit card and the nice old woman working asked me for ID. I asked out of curiosity if it was because I was using a card. She said it was because of the alcohol, which didn’t even cross my mind. She looked at my license and said “Oh my. You’re the same age as my daughter.” I smiled and thanked her for the compliment.

SkinGriz 06-24-21 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22116362)

I was checking out of Ralph’s one night. A lady in her late 50’s-early 60’s(?) was checking out in front of me. She had a bottle of Jack and a bag of cat food.

She did not get carded.

spelger 06-24-21 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by SkinGriz (Post 22116545)
I was checking out of Ralph’s one night. A lady in her late 50’s-early 60’s(?) was checking out in front of me. She had a bottle of Jack and a bag of cat food.

She did not get carded.

Because the jack was for the cat?

SkinGriz 06-24-21 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by spelger (Post 22116581)
Because the jack was for the cat?

Ya know!? Think you’re on the right track. Would be an interesting cat.

gringomojado 06-24-21 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by justinschulz9 (Post 22114422)
does anyone have any dope tattoos relating to the cycle industry? im searching for ideas

weeping black rose with thorns

gm

Lazyass 06-25-21 02:27 AM

Because a woman's body is there for your personal enjoyment, is that it? Does it get any more dysfunctional, misogynistic, and backwards?

Consider: we are now as far away from 1981, as someone in 1981 was from 1941... that's (roughly) where this mentality comes from, and it can stay there.

Every human has their individual opinions and I have mine. No lecturing will change it.

ColonelSanders 06-25-21 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by mstateglfr (Post 22115674)
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ddb59343e3.jpg
Got it because I am tall and feel like a sasquatch/gorilla when riding.

Do you own a Gorilla Monsoon?

BillyD 06-25-21 06:42 AM

HEY! We're talking about differences of opinion here, that's all. But the name-calling and insults need to cease immediately.

mstateglfr 06-25-21 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by ColonelSanders (Post 22116793)
Do you own a Gorilla Monsoon?

Ha! I do not, but it would be fitting.

mstateglfr 06-25-21 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Lazyass (Post 22116789)
Every human has their individual opinions and I have mine. No lecturing will change it.

Its a message board which exists for comments and opinions to be shared. Many opinions are both formed and changed through discussion. If you choose to not change yours, cool, but others seeing subject comments may form or change theirs.

Ill rephrase since my prior gif was deleted even though I didnt think it was insulting or name calling- it was a gif showing cringe since thats how I reacted to your comments.
Neither gender exists to please the other, and how someone chooses to present themselves to society is for them to decide. By all means find tattoos ugly and overused ...
Based on your view and response, I an confident my comment wont change your mind, but I do hope it furthers the thread's discussion.

BillyD 06-25-21 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by mstateglfr (Post 22116972)
Its a message board which exists for comments and opinions to be shared. Many opinions are both formed and changed through discussion. If you choose to not change yours, cool, but others seeing subject comments may form or change theirs.

Ill rephrase since my prior gif was deleted even though I didnt think it was insulting or name calling- it was a gif showing cringe since thats how I reacted to your comments.
Neither gender exists to please the other, and how someone chooses to present themselves to society is for them to decide. By all means find tattoos ugly and overused, but ...
Based on your view and response, I an confident my comment wont change your mind, but I do hope it furthers the thread's discussion.

No, sorry. It’s well know that opinions differ, that’s what makes forums successful. Partially. The topic is tattoos, debating the value of differing opinions is off topic.

And, no insults.