Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

phrantic09 08-31-21 10:30 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22208921)
I might have to wait for the mechanical 12 speed 105 group. Sad.

You could always go SRAM

Bah Humbug 08-31-21 10:32 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22208921)
I might have to wait for the mechanical 12 speed 105 group. Sad.

I wouldn’t count on that hitting. It might, but with rumors of 105 Di2 coming, it might just not.

Personally I’m sad there’s not a clutched Ultegra RD.

datlas 08-31-21 10:37 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22208927)
You could always go SRAM

Yes but the budget-friendly Rival is disc only too. I would have to move up to Force or Red. The prices are kinda high, but it's an option.

datlas 08-31-21 10:38 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22208931)
I wouldn’t count on that hitting. It might, but with rumors of 105 Di2 coming, it might just not.

Personally I’m sad there’s not a clutched Ultegra RD.

At this point, I might just get an 11 speed 105 or Ultegra. Especially if the prices drop dramatically. I would even consider keeping my current 10s setup but the shifters are getting rusty and worn, and finding NOS 10 speed shifters is becoming a challenge.

Mojo31 08-31-21 10:40 AM

Article said that mechanical Ultegra and DA will not continue. Electronic only, at least after another year or so.

Bah Humbug 08-31-21 10:49 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22208947)
Article said that mechanical Ultegra and DA will not continue. Electronic only, at least after another year or so.

Right, but the question is, will 105 get 12-speed? If so, mechanical or only Di2? They might keep 12-speed as electronic to make the tuning easier. And when the time comes, 105 Di2 might be cheap enough. If there’s Rival AXS…

datlas 08-31-21 10:50 AM

I was even looking at considering a "microshift" 10s setup to maintain compatibility. But the reviews online suggest that their quality is shyte. Phooey!

datlas 08-31-21 10:50 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22208961)
Right, but the question is, will 105 get 12-speed? If so, mechanical or only Di2? They might keep 12-speed as electronic to make the tuning easier. And when the time comes, 105 Di2 might be cheap enough. If there’s Rival AXS…

And of course it will be disc only. SMH

Mojo31 08-31-21 11:00 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22208966)
And of course it will be disc only. SMH

Time to hook up with Bam and get a group buy together.

Bah Humbug 08-31-21 11:04 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22208963)
I was even looking at considering a "microshift" 10s setup to maintain compatibility. But the reviews online suggest that their quality is shyte. Phooey!

It’s on our trainer bikes. It… works. Is clunky though, and not cheaper than equivalent Shimano.

Velo Vol 08-31-21 11:05 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22208966)
And of course it will be disc only. SMH

The point is to make people buy more bike carp.

Velo Vol 08-31-21 11:06 AM

<==Way ahead of this


Mojo31 08-31-21 11:08 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22208984)
The point is to make people buy more bike carp.

All product change is about getting people to buy more stuff.

You wouldn't buy a new Honda if the new ones were just like the old ones.

BillyD 08-31-21 11:10 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22208727)

Everyone log off and see if you can pull yourselves together for when I return.

See, this is what you folks get for pining away over him when he takes his periodic absences instead of celebrating them and hoping for extensions.

BillyD 08-31-21 11:16 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22208746)
I'll bet that I'm at the forefront of most spent on gas in a lifetime.

I don’t know about that, I had a 75 to 85 mile commute daily for 21 years, most of which I drove using Toyota Cressidas requiring high octane fuel.

Bah Humbug 08-31-21 11:23 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22208966)
And of course it will be disc only. SMH

Oh hey, how big are your frame holes? The new connector is smaller…

datlas 08-31-21 11:27 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22209015)
Oh hey, how big are your frame holes? The new connector is smaller…

Frame holes? My main bike is the Habanero, titanium. No holes that I am aware of.

Bah Humbug 08-31-21 11:55 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22209022)
Frame holes? My main bike is the Habanero, titanium. No holes that I am aware of.

Ah, I though it was internal for mech. Ah well.

datlas 08-31-21 11:57 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22209049)
Ah, I though it was internal for mech. Ah well.

Yeah, it's external for everything. This makes it stupid easy for maintenance.

Velo Vol 08-31-21 12:01 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22208988)
All product change is about getting people to buy more stuff.

You wouldn't buy a new Honda if the new ones were just like the old ones.

Only if the change is an improvement.

There is zero benefit to having a 12-speed over a 10, or even 9.

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22208992)
See, this is what you folks get for pining away over him when he takes his periodic absences instead of celebrating them and hoping for extensions.

Don't you have some softball game films to break down?

genejockey 08-31-21 12:04 PM

No 53/39? 54/40 or fight?

genejockey 08-31-21 12:07 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22209058)
Only if the change is an improvement.

There is zero benefit to having a 12-speed over a 10, or even 9.

You say that, but the gap between the 11 and 13t cogs on the Canyon bugs me.

genejockey 08-31-21 12:12 PM

I guess I could make the argument that $700 for that Litespeed frame would actually be by far the cheapest part of a build, even if I went for the new Ultegra.

ls01 08-31-21 12:26 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22208537)
Update now says a bit over 5 inches.

twss

datlas 08-31-21 12:28 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22209091)
twss

I was waiting all day for someone to hit that hanging curve. Kudos.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.