Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

Mojo31 09-04-21 04:43 PM

The real UT isn’t looking terribly strong against the Cajuns either.

bampilot06 09-04-21 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22214939)
Squirrel tried to murder-suicide me on this morning's ride. Three times it fakes darting in front of me before continuing to pace, then finally shouts #YOLO and runs right into my wheel. Fortunately it whacks its head on my wheel and maybe gets a paw under my tire, then dashes into the brush yelping.

your officially a squirel scalper. congrats

DougRNS 09-04-21 05:57 PM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...175c7f888d.jpg
Pitt took care of business.
#JohnnyMajorsChallenge
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...25bbb6f8cb.jpg

Trsnrtr 09-04-21 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22214962)
Donut ride was successful and satisfying.

Remember, the healthiest part of a donut is the hole.

rjones28 09-04-21 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22215316)
Remember, the healthiest part of a donut is the hole.

Part of a balanced diet, obviously.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b22ca3775f.png

indyfabz 09-04-21 06:56 PM

Car dropped off in Brooklyn. Stopped by the Union Square market on the way to Amtrak. Bugs Bunny’s wet dream.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...88eaae345.jpeg

Bah Humbug 09-04-21 07:08 PM

Started using Chrome for BF, still getting #LPLO.

Bah Humbug 09-04-21 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22215212)
The real UT isn’t looking terribly strong against the Cajuns either.

I thought they were back?

gnome 09-04-21 08:16 PM

Productive morning in the bike garage. Four punctures repaired, three chains cleaned and lubed, two handlebars re-taped, two sets of pedals swapped and one front brake recabled and new pads. After a decent sized mug of tea it'll be time to go actually ride a bike.

indyfabz 09-04-21 08:19 PM

No! Sleep! ‘til! Brooklyn!

rjones28 09-04-21 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22215454)
No! Sleep! ‘til! Brooklyn!

Aren't you in Brooklyn?

indyfabz 09-04-21 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22215457)
Aren't you in Brooklyn?

I was there this morning. Riding back there tomorrow from Neshanic Station, NJ. Spending the night then driving home early Monday morning. About 75 miles.

Velo Vol 09-04-21 09:30 PM

Against my better judgement I left the friendly confines of the Tennessee Valley and went to dumb dumb land. Today I went with my undisclosed hosts on a walk (no Strava).

Instead of sticking to the nice paved path, or even the established, known paths, they wanted to go exploring in search of a rumoured path/short cut. We ended up climbing over fallen trees, walking through overgrowth, and using GPS trying to figure out where the hell we were. In the distance we heard the loudspeaker from the rodeo.

SHM.

genejockey 09-04-21 11:08 PM

After two postponements, we were finally able to hold the SF Peninsula C&V ride today! We ended up with 6 riders. There are some pics on a thread over in C&V. I'm the guy i the white NorCal jersey, in case you're interested.

I discovered I'm not really Ride Leader material. I kept getting way ahead of the bunch. Tailgunner works better for me, I think.

Trsnrtr 09-05-21 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22215515)
Against my better judgement I left the friendly confines of the Tennessee Valley and went to dumb dumb land. Today I went with my undisclosed hosts on a walk (no Strava).

Instead of sticking to the nice paved path, or even the established, known paths, they wanted to go exploring in search of a rumoured path/short cut. We ended up climbing over fallen trees, walking through overgrowth, and using GPS trying to figure out where the hell we were. In the distance we heard the loudspeaker from the rodeo.

SHM.

So, a day that you’ll always remember. Chapeau!

Trsnrtr 09-05-21 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22215600)
After two postponements, we were finally able to hold the SF Peninsula C&V ride today! We ended up with 6 riders. There are some pics on a thread over in C&V. I'm the guy i the white NorCal jersey, in case you're interested.

I discovered I'm not really Ride Leader material. I kept getting way ahead of the bunch. Tailgunner works better for me, I think.

Congrats! Though the dearth of Italian bikes at a C&V meet-up distresses me.

Just kidding! Kudos!

Velo Vol 09-05-21 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22215723)
So, a day that you’ll always remember. Chapeau!

No.

Trsnrtr 09-05-21 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22215749)
No.

Well, I guess you told me. :rolleyes:

Bah Humbug 09-05-21 06:22 AM

I think Velo Vol should inherit my username.

rjones28 09-05-21 07:00 AM

SHM.

Did you go to the rodeo?

rjones28 09-05-21 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22215749)
No.

Memory loss is a natural part of aging.

big john 09-05-21 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22215824)
Memory loss is a natural part of aging.

For some, so is grumpiness.

Mojo31 09-05-21 08:20 AM

SHM.

You're posting here, so you weren’t really lost. And, if you could hear the speaker you weren’t very remote. You should learn to use a compass to navigate in case you really get lost.

Velo Vol 09-05-21 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22215813)
Did you go to the rodeo?

Nope

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22215901)
You're posting here, so you weren’t really lost. And, if you could hear the speaker you weren’t very remote. You should learn to use a compass to navigate in case you really get lost.

The analogy should be obvious: we had a nice road for our activity, and they wanted t go gravel riding, or worse.

DougRNS 09-05-21 08:42 AM

SHM.

I'm glad you survived your misadventure.