Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

noodle soup 07-04-20 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21569195)
#therealshame is going to be that in only a few years I'm going to wake up and be one of those (relatively) wealthy middle-aged white men, wondering when I became the establishment.

I just hope I'm better than the current batch.

No offense to anyone here.

I hope some tall tryathletes start selling thier bikes. I'd love a TT bike, but only if it's about 75% off retail.

datlas 07-04-20 03:13 PM

Today's ride had a starting temp of 86 and ending temp of 88, with medium humidity. It was plenty hot, especially in the sun...but actually not bad in the shade on on descents. I did drink 2 bottles in 2 hours, and luckily it was a recovery/Z2 ride so I did not have to hammer. If it was to be a hard ride, I would have likely overheated.

#LoveMyHaloHeadband

MoAlpha 07-04-20 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21569166)
Fingers crossed. It will be interesting, when pro cycling starts up again, if we find out if it spreads through riding or if the contagion in the early races was in the hotels and buses and dining.

Little or no evidence of outdoor spread. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.:twitchy:

LesterOfPuppets 07-04-20 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21569206)
I hope some tall tryathletes start selling thier bikes. I'd love a TT bike, but only if it's about 75% off retail.

I came really close to a Norcom Straight during my time at Performance. Kinda glad I didn't.

MoAlpha 07-04-20 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21569158)
I can't imagine life without coffee. Its half the reason I get out of bed in the morning.

Sometimes I start thinking about that first cup before going to bed.

BillyD 07-04-20 03:21 PM

#therealshame is going to be that in only a few years I'm going to wake up and be one of those (relatively) wealthy middle-aged white men, wondering when I became the establishment.

None taken. :D

noodle soup 07-04-20 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21569219)
I came really close to a Norcom Straight during my time at Performance. Kinda glad I didn't.

Do you know Rusty or Matt C(the CF framebuilder)? Both are Covid-19 positive.

kissTheApex 07-04-20 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21569141)
Someone's trying to cash in on that 4th of July spirit! Posted for $4K two hours ago...

I MUST have it! Such a steal :roflmao2:

kissTheApex 07-04-20 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21569135)

When he told me he was positive, I called my employer, and they gave me the week off. I just hope I' didn't spread it to my mom. .

Fingers crossed..

seedsbelize 07-04-20 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21569135)
The last time we rode together was last Saturday. He got tested Thursday by the MLB team he works for, and it came up positive. Today he texted that he lost taste/smell, but feels okay.

When he told me he was positive, I called my employer, and they gave me the week off. I just hope I' didn't spread it to my mom. .

Way back in April, when we knew very little, I woke up one morning with a sore throat (two days after meeting the DHL delivery guy with neither of us wearing masks). Next day I felt like I was coming down with something, AND, my raw almonds tasted bitter and other things tasted weird. At the time I was unaware of that being a symptom. Now I read that it is THE symptom. Anyway, as the week went on, I had muscle pain, dizziness, noticeably low blood pressure one day only. At the end of the first week all I had was the sore throat and it continued one more week. No testing of course. But I'm telling myself I had it.

noodle soup 07-04-20 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21569204)
Most reports state a typical incubation period of 4-5 days, so if you have not had contact for 7 days and you feel fine, that's a very good sign.

I've heard the same thing, but I'm being cautious.

I definitely don't want to be "that guy" that gave it to all his coworkers, I worked 2 days after my last contact with the guy that tested positive, but at work we are all very cautious.

noodle soup 07-04-20 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21569247)
Way back in April, when we knew very little, I woke up one morning with a sore throat (two days after meeting the DHL delivery guy with neither of us wearing masks). Next day I felt like I was coming down with something, AND, my raw almonds tasted bitter and other things tasted weird. At the time I was unaware of that being a symptom. Now I read that it is THE symptom. Anyway, as the week went on, I had muscle pain, dizziness, noticeably low blood pressure one day only. At the end of the first week all I had was the sore throat and it continued one more week. No testing of course. But I'm telling myself I had it.

Sounds like you did.

seedsbelize 07-04-20 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21569158)
I can't imagine life without coffee. Its half the reason I get out of bed in the morning.

There was a time when it was the reason to go to bed...I was ADDICTED for 45 years. Then I woke up one morning without a craving. I don't want to give that craving another chance.

WhyFi 07-04-20 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21569206)
I'd love a TT bike, but only if it's about 75% off retail.

Ditto. I think that I'd have a lot of fun on one, but I don't think that I'd ride it enough to justify anything near retail.

seedsbelize 07-04-20 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21569253)
Sounds like you did.

And the loss of smell is generally associated with a mild case. Not to say a mild case can't be a spreader. Hoping for the best for you. You're young and in good health.

noodle soup 07-04-20 03:52 PM

Is this a sign of COVID-19, or something else?
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d17ae31ef.jpeg

phrantic09 07-04-20 03:59 PM

what do do you consider middle aged?

phrantic09 07-04-20 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21569248)
I've heard the same thing, but I'm being cautious.

I definitely don't want to be "that guy" that gave it to all his coworkers, I worked 2 days after my last contact with the guy that tested positive, but at work we are all very cautious.

Hope you don’t get it

phrantic09 07-04-20 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21569269)
Ditto. I think that I'd have a lot of fun on one, but I don't think that I'd ride it enough to justify anything near retail.

There’s an unsanctioned TT series here that I’ll probably give a shot. But not this year, aside from our friends brewery Mrs. and I are on lockdown.

phrantic09 07-04-20 04:04 PM

I’m fairly certain I exceeded my fitness level today, I’ve been asleep since 3:30...

it it was brutally hot the last 50 miles

Bah Humbug 07-04-20 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21569228)
None taken. :D

Ha!

Bah Humbug 07-04-20 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21569269)

If you have a suitable route, there's nothing like it. It's also a long and highly-skilled fitting process, and you'll have very little luck guessing at your proper frame size ahead of time.

But you'll both probably have frames to choose from before long.

Bah Humbug 07-04-20 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 21569302)
what do do you consider middle aged?

The big 4-0.

phrantic09 07-04-20 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21569341)
The big 4-0.

I guess I have officially entered then.

I know how you feel though, I was incredibly anti-establishment in my teens and early 20s, even getting the mandarin character for “resist” tattooed on my arm. Now I’m part of it

WhyFi 07-04-20 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21568965)
Time for Hamilton on Disney+. Don't wait up.

The Mrs and the boy started watching Hamilton today. It was the sole purpose that she got Disney+.

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21569336)
But you'll both probably have frames to choose from before long.

That's the other thing - I want discs, so I might have to wait a little longer.