Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

kissTheApex 07-22-20 03:16 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21600775)
Mixed up which day my early meeting was, so had to just go on a walk today. Neighbor cat was friendly enough to come down the driveway and say hello.

Ha! Looks like my alarm cat #1


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21600801)
I think theyíre claw covers, to protect furniture without the rather unpleasant declawing.

Wut? Didnít even know those things existed. They look like they may keep the claws extended at all times though. I wonder if it is safe in the long run.

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21601147)
I wish it were smart enough to maintain radar lock on a designated contact, such as AG, so I could always see how far back she is. And yes, I'd like it projected to a HUD on my visor.

Donít know about radar lock, but if it had a radar activated camera when contact gets within threshold distance, it would be a mean device.

WhyFi 07-22-20 03:28 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21601672)
Yours? Serotta is one of the best names in USA frame building.

No, not mine. I obv know who they are; must mean that we're in a nice neighborhood.

Velo Vol 07-22-20 03:31 PM


Originally Posted by gnome (Post 21601518)
you need to move. It's thursday here. :p

Same.

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21601428)
I took the oath and do wear a white coat in the office. But I take it off for telemedicine.

Kudos, but telemedicine counts too.

Velo Vol 07-22-20 03:32 PM

I feel everyone is getting rain but us. :foo:

seedsbelize 07-22-20 03:48 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21600940)
Coincidentally it will be 30 years this Labor Day since I moved out of the city into my first home in the Hudson Valley. :love: The realization of a dream come true for two young professionals from Harlem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykLVZR7RG_w

(Not above)Kudos
How common was that in those days? Did you then commute to the city?

MoAlpha 07-22-20 03:53 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 21601350)
Great advantage of not taking the oath - I only have to deal with my lab group and a limited selection of other groups. Not (shudder) the public.

I paid 25 years of dues in the clinic, but now the patients are safe from me for the most part.

abshipp 07-22-20 03:54 PM

Ugh.

BB is shot in the shiny bike :notamused:

​​​​​

genejockey 07-22-20 03:56 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21601761)
I paid 25 years of dues in the clinic, but now the patients are safe from me for the most part.

Similarly, I paid 30 years of dues in the lab, and now the lab is safe from me. I have minions to do my bidding these days.

seedsbelize 07-22-20 04:00 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21601678)
Storms incoming!

Wow. We must be in the same storm system

MoAlpha 07-22-20 04:00 PM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...968481b255.png

Also have a Shimano BB coming so I can move the 6800 crank to the Lynskey. I may just die from fun.

seedsbelize 07-22-20 04:05 PM

I did not ride today. I was getting worn down, I guess from upping my distance too quickly. Nasty sore throat last night and this morning. That olde adage, Feed a cold; Starve a fever is so true. I ate continually throughout the day, as I always do when I have a cold. Thing is, I didn't know I had a cold

MoAlpha 07-22-20 04:08 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 21601771)
Similarly, I paid 30 years of dues in the lab, and now the lab is safe from me. I have minions to do my bidding these days.

So do I, but they're cognitive neuroscience postdocs and students and we do real things to real humans, so I still have to be fairly nearby.

genejockey 07-22-20 04:10 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21601797)
So do I, but they're cognitive neuroscience postdocs and students and we do real things to real humans, so I still have to be fairly nearby.

This is why I prefer to stand at the top of the pipeline and drop things in. It's up to other people to figure out whether they're safe.

Velo Vol 07-22-20 04:22 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21601793)
That olde adage, Feed a cold; Starve a fever is so true. I ate continually throughout the day, as I always do when I have a cold. Thing is, I didn't know I had a cold

Why? I don't feel like eating much when sick. [though I haven't been regular sick in years]

seedsbelize 07-22-20 04:27 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21601819)
Why? I don't feel like eating much when sick. [though I haven't been regular sick in years]

I just do. When I'm sick with no fever, I am famished.

MoAlpha 07-22-20 04:43 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 21601799)
This is why I prefer to stand at the top of the pipeline and drop things in. It's up to other people to figure out whether they're safe.

Very wise. Early in my career, I was involved in causing five seizures in healthy volunteers. We are still using the same technique today, but more carefully.

genejockey 07-22-20 04:45 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21601847)
Very wise.

Not so much wisdom as that my mind is bent that way, but yeah.


Early in my career, I was involved in causing five seizures in healthy volunteers. We are still using the same technique today, but more carefully.
Yikes!

genejockey 07-22-20 04:46 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21601827)
I just do. When I'm sick with no fever, I am famished.

I usually have to remind myself to eat, or after a while when my blood sugar drops from lack of food, I feel REALLY sick. Then I eat, and half of that goes away.

LesterOfPuppets 07-22-20 04:55 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21601766)
ugh.

Bb is shot in the shiny bike :notamused:

​​​​​

rip bb. :(

Trsnrtr 07-22-20 05:41 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21601217)
It should be. The professional mowers I see wear them. I'm thinking it may be a good idea to disregard all of your lawn mowing talk, simply because you don't look like you mow lawns.

:lol:

Trsnrtr 07-22-20 05:44 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 21601507)
I'm just a soul whose intentions are good. Oh lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.

Are you showing your age?

Trsnrtr 07-22-20 05:46 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21601672)
Yours? Serotta is one of the best names in USA frame building.

I owned a Serotta Colorado. The thing beat the ever-loving heck out of me.

Trsnrtr 07-22-20 05:49 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21600770)
<==Doesn't mow more than once a week. That's crazy.

Tennessee Soil ≠ Illinois Soil

genejockey 07-22-20 05:51 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21601973)
Are you showing your age?

All over.

big john 07-22-20 05:51 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21601976)
I owned a Serotta Colorado. The thing beat the ever-loving heck out of me.

I've heard that before from Colorado owners. My Seven is pretty harsh, too. Not the worst I've had but sometimes I want to try something else.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.