Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

MoAlpha 11-03-21 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22294539)
Doctors.

Last I read about it, I believe eggs had a small net positive effect in big, prospective studies, like Framingham.

Eric F 11-03-21 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22294581)
Get to go pick up a mountain bike tomorrow….:innocent:

Wha'cha gettin'?

WhyFi 11-03-21 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22294588)

That 300mg/day recommendation was dropped from the US Gov Dept of Health and Human Services as of 2015 and we're talking about HDL vs LDL.

TTKU.

Mojo31 11-03-21 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22294581)
whats the green jersey? I’ll prolly be on around 6 pm eastern time.

Had to order my mellow johnies jersey, they didn’t have anything in my size.

Get to go pick up a mountain bike tomorrow….:innocent:

Mountain biking while in D?

If so,

Northshore Trail Mountain Bike Trail in Grapevine, Texas - Directions, Maps, Photos, and Reviews (singletracks.com)

Cedar Hill State Park Loop Mountain Bike Trail, Cedar Hill, Texas (mtbproject.com)

WhyFi 11-03-21 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22294611)
I don’t but will investigate. Slightly related, we got a new Cuisinart food processor today. Mrs datlas seems pleased.

We have a big Kitchenaid stand mixer with dough hook, but I feel like I should be a little more hands-on until I get a better feel for what I'm doing.

Food processors are great for pie crusts, though... :innocent:

genejockey 11-03-21 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22294510)
They automatically put your avatar in green if you're at the top of the sprint leader board? That's fun. I think that I've tried spooling up for a Zwift sprint section once, then I noticed it was something stupid like a 400 yards and totally not in line with my effort.

Also, was this a categorized ride or anything like that? The few times I've paid attention to the course/climb/sprint leader boards, the podium has seemed pretty well out of reach.

I don't wear a shirt on the trainer, but I'm the same - very sweaty inside but typically dry(ish) outside. It's totally evaporation outside - on those hot, multi-bottle rides, it's not unusual for my dark jerseys to be visibly crusty by the time I get home.

Yeah I was a bit surprised when I placed 5 on the leader board for that sprint, and even more so when I suddenly found myself in green. So I hit the 'take a picture' button, since it may never happen again!

It wasn't an event, but it was after 6:30 PDT, so I think that may be a low spot in Zwift's ridership. It's also how I manage to keep getting on the podium in crits. That, and I'm racing in the D's. Like the kid in Sixteen Candles, "Kinda like King of the Dip****s."

I start out in a jersey, because the garage is unheated, but when it's warm or I'm doing intervals, off it comes.

Velo Vol 11-03-21 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22294613)
Last I read about it, I believe eggs had a small net positive effect in big, prospective studies, like Framingham.

No one has sent me a correction/apology.

bampilot06 11-03-21 03:07 PM

my class mate bought a mountain bike. They are building today and he goes home tomororw so Ill run over and pick it up . He’s stoked plans on riding with me for the rest of the time here. He used to do iron man’s in his youth.

Mojo I still plan on riding with you one of these days.

gnome 11-03-21 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22294528)
Who says you can't have eggs every day? I love eggs - I have two (organic, free-range, vegetarian-fed, day spa-pampered) eggs and oatmeal for breakfast (almost) every day!

And what's with the oatmeal, sandwiches (with bread, presumably) and toast? I thought that you said you were on keto? Or are these some funky keto-friendly concoctions?

You do know those are mutually exclusive. A free range chook is an omnivore. It'll eat anything from grains, seeds, leafy greens, bugs, to possibly even small rodents. It may be fed only vegetarian food but that won't be it's actual diet.

Mojo31 11-03-21 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22294673)
my class mate bought a mountain bike. They are building today and he goes home tomororw so Ill run over and pick it up . He’s stoked plans on riding with me for the rest of the time here. He used to do iron man’s in his youth.

Mojo I still plan on riding with you one of these days.

Certainly will try to do that!

I get to head to Tennessee for a couple of days next week. Have to depose some hillbilly. ;)

big john 11-03-21 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22294104)
I'm trying to find reasonable ways to eat more food.

Does not compute.

MoAlpha 11-03-21 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22294664)

Consider my post a public retraction of anything anyone ever published that bothered you.

Velo Vol 11-03-21 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22294699)
I get to head to Tennessee for a couple of days next week.

:bday:

WhyFi 11-03-21 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22294664)

Disagreeable patients are further down the correspondence list.

Mojo31 11-03-21 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22294732)
:bday:

Party at the Brentwood Hilton Suites!

WhyFi 11-03-21 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by gnome (Post 22294688)
You do know those are mutually exclusive. A free range chook is an omnivore. It'll eat anything from grains, seeds, leafy greens, bugs, to possibly even small rodents. It may be fed only vegetarian food but that won't be it's actual diet.

Ha - yes, I know. I was being silly, but I'm 94% certain that I've seen those two things advertised on the same carton of eggs. Like you, I assumed that they just meant that the feed provided didn't have any meat/byproducts in it.

Eric F 11-03-21 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22294748)
Ha - yes, I know. I was being silly, but I'm 94% certain that I've seen those two things advertised on the same carton of eggs. Like you, I assumed that they just meant that the feed provided didn't have any meat/byproducts in it.

78.3% of data facts posted on the internet are made up by the poster.

datlas 11-03-21 04:16 PM

Eggs are fine in moderation. We are friendly with a family that have a farm about 10 minutes away from here and we get our eggs from them. The taste is much better than supermarket eggs.

datlas 11-03-21 04:17 PM

Alex Dowsett hour record attempt is streaming live on YouTube. I watched for a few minutes. BORING!

link:

edit: might be exciting to tune in approx 7PM EDT for the last few minutes.

genejockey 11-03-21 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22294722)
Does not compute.

Inorite?

genejockey 11-03-21 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22294748)

Maybe they meant they were only fed by vegetarians.

Trsnrtr 11-03-21 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22294699)

I get to head to Tennessee for a couple of days next week. Have to depose some hillbilly. ;)

I just left Tennessee this morning and drove through that interstate nightmare called Nashville.

big john 11-03-21 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22294763)
Eggs are fine in moderation. We are friendly with a family that have a farm about 10 minutes away from here and we get our eggs from them. The taste is much better than supermarket eggs.

Mrs John worked at a middle school which had a small farm and she got free eggs every week. She said they were better than the store-boughts.

Mojo31 11-03-21 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22294773)
I just left Tennessee this morning and drove through that interstate nightmare called Nashville.

I'm just flying in one evening, and taking the depo the next day with a flight back after I'm done. Quick in and out.

They'll barely know I'm there.

God help me if I hear banjos.

genejockey 11-03-21 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22294763)

Almost everything is. This is what drives me buggy when I see people post, "Carbs are poison!" or the like. You can eat too much of anything, and you can certainly eat too much of everything!