Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

indyfabz 05-23-22 08:03 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22515954)
Punctuation is the difference between a nice family meal and cannibalism:

Let's eat, Grandma
vs
Let's eat Grandma

Punctuation saves lives.

I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse. I don't need to explain the rest.

WhyFi 05-23-22 08:52 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22516414)
I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse. I don't need to explain the rest.

I don't get it.

phrantic09 05-23-22 09:00 AM

Found a geography game, itís fun.

#Worldle #122 1/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉
https://worldle.teuteuf.fr

you are given the outline of a country and have to guess what it is

BillyD 05-23-22 09:18 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22516482)
I don't get it.

Uh huh.

Velo Vol 05-23-22 09:51 AM

Reminder: Mechanical stuff is dumb.

Jack Tone 05-23-22 09:56 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22516580)
Reminder: Mechanical stuff is dumb.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...02b51eae29.jpg

rjones28 05-23-22 09:56 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22516580)
Reminder: Mechanical stuff is dumb.

Oh?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.weal...peg?1538502780

Velo Vol 05-23-22 10:27 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22516593)

Not often that something there breaks. And if it did, not much effort needed to replace it.

Velo Vol 05-23-22 10:43 AM

More upcoming work for bampilot06


bampilot06 05-23-22 10:45 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22516663)


my flight to work went from sitting plush in first class to getting duct taped to the wing.

Velo Vol 05-23-22 10:52 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22516666)
my flight to work went from sitting plush in first class to getting duct taped to the wing.

Harsh. I'd at least allow you a corner of the cargo bay.

indyfabz 05-23-22 10:56 AM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22516499)
Found a geography game, itís fun.

#Worldle #122 1/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉
https://worldle.teuteuf.fr

you are given the outline of a country and have to guess what it is

I think I like it. I didn't get it after 6 tries, but I got close. I also haven't read the rules yet. I am assuming the distance figure is how far off you are geographically. Got as close as 607 Km.

genejockey 05-23-22 10:59 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22516635)
Not often that something there breaks. And if it did, not much effort needed to replace it.

So, which is the valve that, if you push it down, the music goes round and around, whoa-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho, and it comes out there?

phrantic09 05-23-22 11:06 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22516693)
I think I like it. I didn't get it after 6 tries, but I got close. I also haven't read the rules yet. I am assuming the distance figure is how far off you are geographically. Got as close as 607 Km.

Right, you can also switch to miles if youíd like. I like world geography so itís fun.

indyfabz 05-23-22 11:11 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22516635)
Not often that something there breaks. And if it did, not much effort needed to replace it.

https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/com...1l/1128994.jpg

indyfabz 05-23-22 11:17 AM

Walking back to the office during lunch I saw a young woman wearing a long, black skirt and a bra. Nothing else up top.

#SueEllenMischke

Velo Vol 05-23-22 11:22 AM

wut


https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...6240b979af.png

But it is :bday: for the browning lawns.

genejockey 05-23-22 11:26 AM

The other day, the classical station played Jeremiah Clarke's "Trumpet Voluntary", which I figure is better than Trumpet Mandatory, or worse - Trumpet Involuntary. We've all done those....

bampilot06 05-23-22 11:27 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22516730)
Walking back to the office during lunch I saw a young woman wearing a long, black skirt and a bra. Nothing else up top.

#SueEllenMischke


how did this make you feel?

Velo Vol 05-23-22 11:28 AM

Back by popular demand

MOTD

23 May 2022

For the non-East Coasters


genejockey 05-23-22 11:37 AM

Oh - I forgot that one of the highlights of my ride yesterday was encountering the Porsche Ass Of The Day in person. Some jerk in a 911 Cabriolet of some kind, in front of me on a narrow road. As we enter one of those dips where you would normally try to gain momentum on the way down so you don't have to work so hard on the way back up, this clown slows down at the very nadir of the dip, so I end up having to brake at the bottom of the hill. Then he SPEEDS UP coming back up out of it. Then, at the top of the hill where the road turns to the right at a stop, he turns, and comes to a stop in the middle of the goddam road. Then, at the next stop sign, he's making a left turn, but stops in the middle of the lane so that nobody could pass him to the right.

WhyFi 05-23-22 11:48 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22516750)
Oh - I forgot that one of the highlights of my ride yesterday was encountering the Porsche Ass Of The Day in person. Some jerk in a 911 Cabriolet of some kind, in front of me on a narrow road. As we enter one of those dips where you would normally try to gain momentum on the way down so you don't have to work so hard on the way back up, this clown slows down at the very nadir of the dip, so I end up having to brake at the bottom of the hill. Then he SPEEDS UP coming back up out of it. Then, at the top of the hill where the road turns to the right at a stop, he turns, and comes to a stop in the middle of the goddam road. Then, at the next stop sign, he's making a left turn, but stops in the middle of the lane so that nobody could pass him to the right.

That's not Porsche Ass Of The Day - it's Porsche A****** Of The Day

genejockey 05-23-22 11:52 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22516767)
That's not Porsche Ass Of The Day - it's Porsche A****** Of The Day

Well, to be fair, I did spend an extended time stuck behind the Porsche Ass of the Porsche Ass.

Velo Vol 05-23-22 11:55 AM

:(


bampilot06 05-23-22 11:56 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22516750)
Oh - I forgot that one of the highlights of my ride yesterday was encountering the Porsche Ass Of The Day in person. Some jerk in a 911 Cabriolet of some kind, in front of me on a narrow road. As we enter one of those dips where you would normally try to gain momentum on the way down so you don't have to work so hard on the way back up, this clown slows down at the very nadir of the dip, so I end up having to brake at the bottom of the hill. Then he SPEEDS UP coming back up out of it. Then, at the top of the hill where the road turns to the right at a stop, he turns, and comes to a stop in the middle of the goddam road. Then, at the next stop sign, he's making a left turn, but stops in the middle of the lane so that nobody could pass him to the right.

Mojo never said he could drive well.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:01 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.