Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

indyfabz 07-04-22 08:12 PM

Two cops shot during the fireworks near me.

This city is a mess.

abshipp 07-04-22 08:43 PM

I’ve been spending the last few days with the family in IL.

I missed these summer evenings.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3e0c1df1e.jpeg

LesterOfPuppets 07-04-22 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22563925)
I’ve been spending the last few days with the family in IL.

I missed these summer evenings.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...3e0c1df1e.jpeg

Crop dusting? :)

Mojo31 07-04-22 08:56 PM

Fireworks stopped due to fire.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f146ba1c65.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...df609886d1.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...bad5fd0acc.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...326d824f60.jpg

big john 07-04-22 09:33 PM

The large explosions started before dark, the rockets where you feel the concussion of the launch, then the rocket itself explodes. These are so loud it rattles the house and it's even scaring the cat. Mrs John is having anxiety but the peacock is freaking out the worst.
I think another hour and it will be really ridiculous.

t2p 07-04-22 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22563548)
Reading the installation instructions for the new weed eater head. It says to soak the lines in water for 12-24 hours prior to use, to improve their effective lifespan. Anybody ever heard of that?
Edit: true to form, the first place I called told me this model has been discontinued, along with its parts. But he would be happy to sell me a newer model for $400. The part I bought turns out to be universal, across all models. Guess who won't see any future business from me.

could be Italian line - the line is similar to pasta

if so - a little salt should also be added

LesterOfPuppets 07-04-22 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22563961)
The large explosions started before dark, the rockets where you feel the concussion of the launch, then the rocket itself explodes. These are so loud it rattles the house and it's even scaring the cat. Mrs John is having anxiety but the peacock is freaking out the worst.

I'm running the sprinklers in case some errant neighborhood firework winds up on one of the lawns. I wish we had sprinklers on the roof.

genejockey 07-04-22 10:02 PM

Tinder dry, but people still setting off fireworks. I'd say "You gotta love California!", but it's not a requirement.

I mean, I DO, but not because of the firebugs.

genejockey 07-04-22 10:07 PM

Our dear departed Golden, Rhyo, didn't mind fireworks, but our Eskie, Kyoko, would hide under the bed shivering. Zeena the Greyhound used to get angry about them, and would come out to the Living Room, "Rowr,rowr,rowr"-ing at them.

Rango sleeps through them. Dory is a little anxious about the really loud ones, but mostly takes them in her stride.

big john 07-04-22 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22563971)
Tinder dry, but people still setting off fireworks. I'd say "You gotta love California!", but it's not a requirement.

I mean, I DO, but not because of the firebugs.

One of the benefits of living in the canyon for 16 years, never any fireworks, never any loud parties.

LesterOfPuppets 07-04-22 10:23 PM

There's a little fire on Mt. Washington in Los Angeles, hope they can contain it.

indyfabz 07-05-22 04:16 AM

Happy Tuesday.

Wordle 381 3/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

datlas 07-05-22 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22563820)
From the board rules and guidelines which no one seems to read:

In addition, the "masking" of vulgarity by inserting * or another keystroke in place of one or more letters in a vulgar term is unacceptable in most cases. It will also be impermissible to anagramize a word to bypass the filters.”

Just thought that I’d remind people. :innocent:

As a student of the filter, I am curious. Can the mods really tell the difference between an obscenity that I type out, like ******** as opposed to one I self-censor, like bull****?

:innocent:

seedsbelize2 07-05-22 06:11 AM

Wordle 5/6
I had it in four and guessed wrong

seedsbelize2 07-05-22 06:24 AM

Years ago, in Guatemala, there was a festival (prolly still is) with lots and lots of fireworks. They had these homemade launchers made by welding a length of three or four inch pipe to a piece of quarter in thick plate. The crowd would suddenly shift radically, you'd hear/feel the concussion, and turn around to see one of those launchers wobbling. I'm sure the rockets were homemade too. Every year, a week before Christmas. We went a few times, one of us, at least, for the fireworks.

datlas 07-05-22 06:25 AM

I am an idiot. 6/6. Could have lost the streak as there were multiple choices for the 6th guess. Phew!

WhyFi 07-05-22 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22564086)
As a student of the filter, I am curious. Can the mods really tell the difference between an obscenity that I type out, like ******** as opposed to one I self-censor, like bull****?

:innocent:

See, I was under the impression that triggering the censor was fine but that circumventing it was verboten. :foo:

As to your question, they might be able to... Many forums store post edit histories - this one may have that functionality without it being visible to members. This forum does have an auto save function for reply drafts, too...

Then again, as soon as you hit "preview," any offending words are completely replaced by the asterisks, so I guess it could go either way.

datlas 07-05-22 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22564100)
See, I was under the impression that triggering the censor was fine but that circumventing it was verboten. :foo:

As to your question, they might be able to... Many forums store post edit histories - this one may have that functionality without it being visible to members. This forum does have an auto save function for reply drafts, too...

Then again, as soon as you hit "preview," any offending words are completely replaced by the asterisks, so I guess it could go either way.

Yeah, I am not sure.

Also wondering if you quote the classic song from Brittney Spears, "If You Seek Amy" is that an offense? Of course the song itself is an offense, but you know. Inquiring minds are going to ask. :innocent:

big john 07-05-22 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22564099)
I am an idiot. 6/6. Could have lost the streak as there were multiple choices for the 6th guess. Phew!

Me too. Having trouble with it lately. Must be a slump.:p
Wordle 381 6/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

big john 07-05-22 07:13 AM

Friend called for a 58 mile ride today with some steep climbing. Should be "interesting". At least the weather seems nice.

Mojo31 07-05-22 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22564102)
Yeah, I am not sure.

Also wondering if you quote the classic song from Brittney Spears, "If You Seek Amy" is that an offense? Of course the song itself is an offense, but you know. Inquiring minds are going to ask. :innocent:

Any adult posting anything by Brittany Spears is offensive.

Even if it's not an offense.

datlas 07-05-22 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22564134)
Friend called for a 58 mile ride today with some steep climbing. Should be "interesting". At least the weather seems nice.

I'd hit it.

big john 07-05-22 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22564147)
I'd hit it.

I know. It's actually a great ride. Mostly light traffic and the steepest climbing is on a narrow road which connects 2 canyons and is barely wide enough for 1 car in spots. Sometimes there are no cars but once in a while there could be one. After that there is a long, steep descent which I don't really like much, but at least I don't have to climb it.

datlas 07-05-22 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22564184)
I know. It's actually a great ride. Mostly light traffic and the steepest climbing is on a narrow road which connects 2 canyons and is barely wide enough for 1 car in spots. Sometimes there are no cars but once in a while there could be one. After that there is a long, steep descent which I don't really like much, but at least I don't have to climb it.

I think I need to quit my job and run away to California. Can I sleep on your sofa??

rjones28 07-05-22 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22564140)
Any adult posting anything by Brittany Spears is offensive.

Even if it's not an offense.

Her teenage fans from BITD are now pushing 40.