Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

DougRNS 07-04-21 03:06 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22128678)
So, my wife and I did a short recovery ride today, only 17.76 miles give or take a 0.01 mile and my Garmin reported a recovery time of 72 hours. :eek:

We have a 50 mile club ride tomorrow and 72 hours recovery isnít in the stars. How the heck do they realistically figure these things anyway?!?

:thumb:

Velo Vol 07-04-21 03:35 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22128678)
17.76 miles give or take a 0.01 mile

Strava or it didn't happen.

Velo Vol 07-04-21 03:54 PM

DougRNS are there any July 4 traditions in Sharpsville?

ls01 07-04-21 04:14 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22127907)
ftfy

Another way to go

ls01 07-04-21 04:17 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22127921)
This caught-in-the-act package thief video is the funniest thing that I've seen in a while. :roflmao2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEGBQD_32m0

Holy Shazam. She didn't know the number to 911...... you know, as a species we are doomed.

ls01 07-04-21 04:20 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22128340)
We raced with the 50+123 again yesterday, and it's hard to keep track of who's who. It's always fast though. Either way, I threw caution to the wind and barged my way towards the front on the last lap. After attacking and going with attacks quite often, I rested the next to last lap, thank heavens. The last lap I was in decent shape, then then as usual, I started to get swarmed... No more of those shenanigans, and stepped on the gas and got top ten or so in the pack at the last corner. Like I say, it's hard to read numbers when you're on the limit, but I figured I did sort of well. Come to find out I took third, and it felt good to stand on one of the podium steps after a bit of a drought.

congrats! Awesome!

ls01 07-04-21 04:26 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22128678)
So, my wife and I did a short recovery ride today, only 17.76 miles give or take a 0.01 mile and my Garmin reported a recovery time of 72 hours. :eek:

We have a 50 mile club ride tomorrow and 72 hours recovery isnít in the stars. How the heck do they realistically figure these things anyway?!?


Just do what I do. Turn the Garmin on and tell it" your drunk Garmin, go home".
If I listened to that crap I'd never get to ride.

ls01 07-04-21 04:37 PM

Rode with the Northville crew today, 41 miles, 4 sprints. Good times. I hit 37 mph on an up hill from 30ish, and I broke 35 2 other occasions. I got some work to do though. My stamina isn't good especially climbing. I just blow up.
Tomorrow's plan is 45 or 50 miles with the club for lunch. And I will be riding to and from, total should be around 85.

Trsnrtr 07-04-21 04:41 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22128714)
Strava or it didn't happen.

My wifeís Garmin stopped right on 17.76 miles but evidently I was slow on the button.

https://www.strava.com/activities/5575241464#kudos

Trsnrtr 07-04-21 04:42 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22128760)
Just do what I do. Turn the Garmin on and tell it" your drunk Garmin, go home".
If I listened to that crap I'd never get to ride.

Does that work with avg. speed, watts, etc.?

genejockey 07-04-21 04:57 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22128678)
So, my wife and I did a short recovery ride today, only 17.76 miles give or take a 0.01 mile and my Garmin reported a recovery time of 72 hours. :eek:

We have a 50 mile club ride tomorrow and 72 hours recovery isnít in the stars. How the heck do they realistically figure these things anyway?!?

Huh. I just did 65 miles and my Garmin gave me a recovery time of 19 hours.

I figured out the route we used to take when I was riding with PenVelo, 20 years ago. No Garmin, no Strava, just memory - though to be fair, I did map out the route on Strava yesterday.

Trsnrtr 07-04-21 05:47 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22128785)
Huh. I just did 65 miles and my Garmin gave me a recovery time of 19 hours.

I figured out the route we used to take when I was riding with PenVelo, 20 years ago. No Garmin, no Strava, just memory - though to be fair, I did map out the route on Strava yesterday.


My 1030 got replaced under warranty and this was just the third or fourth ride since setting it up. I surmise that it doesn’t have enough data yet to make an educated guess.

Velo Vol 07-04-21 06:40 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22128773)
My wifeís Garmin stopped right on 17.76 miles but evidently I was slow on the button.

https://www.strava.com/activities/5575241464#kudos

You circled around the neighbourhood.

Trsnrtr 07-04-21 07:18 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22128900)
You circled around the neighbourhood.

How else were we going to get 17.76? Luck?

Mojo31 07-04-21 07:35 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22128642)
Yah, went to get a battery at Autozone and they said ďyou know the dealer has to do that right?Ē Makes sense, after the jump start every warning light in the car stayed on. Cruise couldnít set, traction control error etc. So I didnít get the battery there and got bent over to the tube of $300 for a battery and install at my dealer on 16 Passat.

Never had that issue with multiple VAG cars.

What I do know is that if you run a jumper to another car while you change the battery you don't lose anyone your settings. Did that on my Cayman.

rjones28 07-04-21 07:35 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22128714)
Strava or it didn't happen.

This is a thing that happened today, caught on Strava. Shop ride | Ride | Strava Ride with some shop coworkers followed by BBQ at the shop owner's house. I'm a little surprise that I'm still conscious.

seedsbelize 07-04-21 07:47 PM

Step away for a few minutes and a new thread starts up. And Velo Vol returns. I replaced the brake levers on the travel bike, awhile back, because the gum hoods were done. The most comfortable hoods ever. I put Dia Compe aero levers on it and never bothered to change out the centerpull calipers. Riding it around loaded for touring made it clear that the levers and calipers don't speak the same language. I found a pair of Tektro long reach calipers in the box, but they are of the non-nutted variety. So rather than drill the frame, I put the front on the rear and searched for a diy drop bolt. Finding one I like, I went back to the calipers box and found a single long reach Shimano 600. Both these calipers barely reach and will likely have to be filed. The Alex Ace 19 rims are quite small in diameter. I can take the tires off without levers. But they will be good brakes when finished. KoolStop salmon pads all around. T minus 16 days.
I had to unwind two thirds of the bar tape to replace the front cable, which was too short. I did not do the figure of eight on the re-wrap and had tape left over at the end.

seedsbelize 07-04-21 07:51 PM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 22128754)
congrats! Awesome!

This

Velo Vol 07-04-21 08:07 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22128931)
How else were we going to get 17.76? Luck?

The last mile was fake.

LAJ 07-04-21 08:09 PM

Thanks All! It was fun. No rest for the wicked though. 100 miles and 8600 feet gained today and it says 28 hours of rest needed. Weird.

Velo Vol 07-04-21 08:19 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22128956)
This is a thing that happened today, caught on Strava. Shop ride | Ride | Strava Ride with some shop coworkers

Two hours to go seven miles?

rjones28 07-04-21 08:30 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22128994)
Two hours to go seven miles?

No pavement.

indyfabz 07-04-21 08:30 PM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5261f561e.jpeg
Still canít find the cat.

Velo Vol 07-04-21 08:36 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22129012)
No pavement.

I can jog faster than that.

big john 07-04-21 08:38 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22128987)
Thanks All! It was fun. No rest for the wicked though. 100 miles and 8600 feet gained today and it says 28 hours of rest needed. Weird.

What a wild man!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:50 AM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.