Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

Velo Vol 07-01-21 08:53 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22125916)
No lawns were mowed here. I did replace an irrigation valve however.

How's the boat?

rjones28 07-01-21 09:15 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22125906)
Ready for the big NFP maŮana?

The what, now?

Velo Vol 07-01-21 09:27 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22125955)
The what, now?

And you call yourself an economic data spreadsheet maker. SMH.

https://www.profitf.com/calendars/no...payroll-dates/

MoAlpha 07-02-21 04:54 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22125856)
Had first golf lesson since I quit playing 20 years ago. Boy, I suck.

That realization is the first step on the path to greatness!

Velo Vol 07-02-21 05:09 AM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f3ae25453.jpeg

Trsnrtr 07-02-21 05:39 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22125871)
Don't let left vs right mess with you. It is what it is, and I don't know of many that have been able to improve it with much success. I'm 46/54 as a rule, and I make it work.

I bought a Stages left arm about 4 years ago and always wondered about my L/R balance. Then, a couple years ago, I got a dual meter and lo and behold, my average was 50.5 left and 49.5 right so not only was I fairly balance but my left was stronger than my right and Iím right footed, legged, or whatever you call it. N my case, a left arm only meter works fine as far as I can tell.

Trsnrtr 07-02-21 05:43 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22126121)
That realization is the first step on the path to greatness!

I signed up for lessons after 20 years of off and on playing. After just 3 lessons in to a 10 lesson program, the instructor told me not to come back. :lol:

Good thing I was paying lesson by lesson. :D

MoAlpha 07-02-21 06:28 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22126163)
I bought a Stages left arm about 4 years ago and always wondered about my L/R balance. Then, a couple years ago, I got a dual meter and lo and behold, my average was 50.5 left and 49.5 right so not only was I fairly balance but my left was stronger than my right and I’m right footed, legged, or whatever you call it. N my case, a left arm only meter works fine as far as I can tell.

You can pay 50 bucks or something to unlock a sort of poor man's version of dual meters on the P2Max spider I've got, but no. My vastus medialis on the left is visibly atrophic from an old L3 root compression and there's not a thing in the world I could do about the 57/43 I predict I'd see if I had a split readout.

BillyD 07-02-21 07:24 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22126197)
My vastus medialis on the left is visibly atrophic from an old L3 root compression and there's not a thing in the world I could do about the 57/43 I predict I'd see

Reported. Language.

Velo Vol 07-02-21 07:31 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22126165)
I signed up for lessons after 20 years of off and on playing. After just 3 lessons in to a 10 lesson program, the instructor told me not to come back. :lol:

Were you endangering people?

Trsnrtr 07-02-21 07:59 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22126242)
Were you endangering people?

I hit a golf cart with riders in it once on a parallel fairway. :innocent:

LAJ 07-02-21 08:06 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22126272)
I hit a golf cart with riders in it once on a parallel fairway. :innocent:

Doing it right.

indyfabz 07-02-21 08:10 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22126272)
I hit a golf cart with riders in it once on a parallel fairway. :innocent:

He. In law school I summered after my first year at Alcoa. We had a law department golf outing. Only time I have played "real" golf. My tee shot on the first hole sliced way over into the parallel fairway. But to my credit, I did win the competition for the longest putt made on the 9th hole. It was probably about 20'. I stick to mini-golf.

Mojo31 07-02-21 08:12 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22126121)
That realization is the first step on the path to greatness!

I actually got to see how bad I suck on the video.

indyfabz 07-02-21 08:15 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22126281)
Doing it right.

Doing it righter.

NSFW


datlas 07-02-21 08:18 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22125871)
Don't let left vs right mess with you. It is what it is, and I don't know of many that have been able to improve it with much success. I'm 46/54 as a rule, and I make it work.

Unless you are rehabbing from a leg injury and like to track your progress, I canít see much value from knowing your L/R balance. One of my patients works for Stages and has admitted this when I mentioned it to him.

LesterOfPuppets 07-02-21 08:21 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22125903)
Too much dead time in golf.

That's where the beer drinking occurs.

WhyFi 07-02-21 08:23 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22126304)
Unless you are rehabbing from a leg injury and like to track your progress, I canít see much value from knowing your L/R balance. One of my patients works for Stages and has admitted this when I mentioned it to him.

Yeah, not much value in knowing L/R but that shouldn't be conflated with the value of knowing total output vs L x2. Asymmetry often isn't consistent, it can vary at certain output levels or fatigue levels, so I'd much rather have total than L x2.

WhyFi 07-02-21 08:23 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22126312)
That's where the beer drinking occurs.

That's the wonderful thing about fishin' and bowling, too.

LesterOfPuppets 07-02-21 08:24 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22125928)
How's the boat?

She's ready to go. I still need to do a little trailer work though.

ksryder 07-02-21 08:29 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22126290)
He. In law school I summered after my first year at Alcoa. We had a law department golf outing. Only time I have played "real" golf. My tee shot on the first hole sliced way over into the parallel fairway. But to my credit, I did win the competition for the longest putt made on the 9th hole. It was probably about 20'. I stick to mini-golf.

They offered a golf for beginners type of thing through my law school because allegedly its important for clients. I considered it but a) times they are a'changing and it's not really that important any more; b) for government and/or criminal defense work it's not necessary; c) tbh any potential client I may lose in some sort of hypothetical future private practice probably isn't worth it but I'll probably never know about it anyway; and d) I hate golf. I've played twice and that was 2 times too many.

LAJ 07-02-21 08:37 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22126304)
Unless you are rehabbing from a leg injury and like to track your progress, I canít see much value from knowing your L/R balance. One of my patients works for Stages and has admitted this when I mentioned it to him.


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22126314)
Yeah, not much value in knowing L/R but that shouldn't be conflated with the value of knowing total output vs L x2. Asymmetry often isn't consistent, it can vary at certain output levels or fatigue levels, so I'd much rather have total than L x2.

True. My left is my broken side and I was worried at the start, though it's likely only messed with it by a percentage or so, in the long run.

LesterOfPuppets 07-02-21 08:57 AM

Did you ever wonder why you don't see more dicks painted on the road for the Tour de France?

https://www.rouleur.cc/blogs/the-rou...T3N2lFuRQhmXt8

ksryder 07-02-21 09:06 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22126365)
Did you ever wonder why you don't see more dicks painted on the road for the Tour de France?

https://www.rouleur.cc/blogs/the-rou...T3N2lFuRQhmXt8

I'm basically 12 years old I laughed at that. Looks like a hard job--stiff competition against the clock.

datlas 07-02-21 09:28 AM


Originally Posted by ksryder (Post 22126374)
I'm basically 12 years old I laughed at that. Looks like a hard job--stiff competition against the clock.

Yeah, obscene graffiti is probably a violation of the penal code. But would the evidence stand up in court?

ksryder 07-02-21 09:36 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22126407)
Yeah, obscene graffiti is probably a violation of the penal code. But would the evidence stand up in court?

Probably not, you know the prosecutor is soft on crime.

Mojo31 07-02-21 09:42 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22126315)
That's the wonderful thing about fishin' and bowling, too.

Yep, not everything has to be done at 1,000 watts and generate buckets of sweat.

bampilot06 07-02-21 09:45 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22126434)
Yep, not everything has to be done at 1,000 watts and generate buckets of sweat.



1,000 watts!?

WhyFi 07-02-21 09:52 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22126439)
1,000 watts!?

1.21 gigawatts!

bampilot06 07-02-21 10:00 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22126451)
1.21 gigawatts!


thats a lot of watts.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:30 AM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.