Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

indyfabz 05-18-20 07:55 AM

Guess I should earn my pay for the day.

rjones28 05-18-20 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21481843)
HEY! Coffee is serious business.

Pfft

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9bced98756.jpg

rjones28 05-18-20 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21481879)
I love coffee dearly but I'm not a big fan of feeling wired, so normal drip coffee is fine with me, black no sugar.

Expresso is a rare treat, which happens to be well overdo. Lemme see, how long will it take me to get to Trsnrtr's house?

Couple of cups of standard coffee, daily. Doppio espresso for summer cafť stops.

phrantic09 05-18-20 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21480422)
That was literally the reason we jumped on the house. Still a few weeks until we actually move, likely, since we have this rental through August and it's not like we have other stuff to schedule. And there are things that have to be done like getting the water heater replaced, getting a fridge in, carpets cleaned, etc. We're finally going to get that extra fridge, too, in paranoia about another round of foot shortages come fall.

Oh and I'm going to go full trainer geek and put the old S1 in tri config on an MP1. No more bike swapping. I can get it through the shop with my team discount, and if I'm going to be on it for like eight hours a week...

Big shower with 2 heads is a requirement for us too, or at least enough space to add a second head.

unfortunately here nothing is hitting the market because of Covid

noodle soup 05-18-20 08:31 AM

Off to work, for the first time since St. Patrick's Day.

BillyD 05-18-20 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21481947)

Kudos.

Lemond1985 05-18-20 09:06 AM

I'm envious, if that's not too political a statement.

LesterOfPuppets 05-18-20 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21481947)

Good luck out there!

datlas 05-18-20 09:23 AM

Is this coffeeforums.net?

If so, which coffee maker gives you the most bang for the buck??

abshipp 05-18-20 09:32 AM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...72190b9203.gif

Bah Humbug 05-18-20 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21482061)
Is this coffeeforums.net?

If so, which coffee maker gives you the most bang for the buck??

In that metric, none of these recently-discussed devices can possibly be the answer.

seedsbelize 05-18-20 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21481856)
Mine is $50 Cuisenhart that my local coffee shop told me would work for making coffee at home but my barista didn't know that I was going to buy an espresso machine at some point or I'm sure he wouldn't have recommended it.

Anyway, I'll go into research mode this week. Something to do during the stay at home...

Victoria ftw
https://www.amazon.com/Victoria-Comm.../dp/B00JZZKLHI

LesterOfPuppets 05-18-20 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21482076)

Here's the little lady, five years ago, standing in front of the river most of that flowed down

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2fc47c41b.jpeg

Bah Humbug 05-18-20 09:54 AM

Did a bunch of yardwork this morning so it's presentable if the landlord comes to look at that downed fence. It is not on Strava.

seedsbelize 05-18-20 09:55 AM

What's Ramona up to these days? Did she manage to learn Spanish?

abshipp 05-18-20 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21482106)
Here's the little lady, five years ago, standing in front of the river most of that flowed down.

Maybe someday I can wrap my head around the actual scale of the event. It's mind-boggling that the entire side of the mountain just...slid off.

WhyFi 05-18-20 09:59 AM

Hey kissTheApex - have you used any guide bushings on your router table? I'm trying to figure out how to use a threaded Porter Cable bushing (for a dovetail template) on the table, but none of the included inserts is the right is the right size (1 3/8" I think) and I've been stumped in searches online. I do have a Bosch quick change adapter for the router base plate, and that'll accept the PC bushing, but nothing for the table.

Velo Vol 05-18-20 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Lemond1985 (Post 21481702)

wut

Velo Vol 05-18-20 10:30 AM

The average speed for my re-mousing/infusion doesn't seem to be too good. I was the first one in and the last one out this morning. Four other patients came and went while I plodded along.

I guess there's the expectation that patients wear masks now. Many (but not all) of the people in the building were wearing them. But I don't have a mask so I was a rebel.

kissTheApex 05-18-20 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21482122)
Hey kissTheApex - have you used any guide bushings on your router table? I'm trying to figure out how to use a threaded Porter Cable bushing (for a dovetail template) on the table, but none of the included inserts is the right is the right size (1 3/8" I think) and I've been stumped in searches online. I do have a Bosch quick change adapter for the router base plate, and that'll accept the PC bushing, but nothing for the table.

No I havenít. :(. Iíve looked at them A few years back in case I needed and it looks like this Has been in my wishlist, but I canít remember if it would work with the base that goes in the table.

Mentions do not seem to be working again.

WhyFi 05-18-20 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by kissTheApex (Post 21482213)
No I havenít. :(. Iíve looked at them A few years back in case I needed and it looks like this Has been in my wishlist, but I canít remember if it would work with the base that goes in the table.

Mentions do not seem to be working again.

Damn. Yeah, that's what I have for the router base, but I don't see a way of affixing it to the table plate.

If I can't find a way to fit the bushings, maybe I'll see if I can find a bit bearing with the correct OD.

kissTheApex 05-18-20 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21482236)
Damn. Yeah, that's what I have for the router base, but I don't see a way of affixing it to the table plate.

If I can't find a way to fit the bushings, maybe I'll see if I can find a bit bearing with the correct OD.

yeah, oversized bearing was going to be my suggestion. Whiteside has them in pretty much in all sizes for their pattern bits.

Trsnrtr 05-18-20 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21481879)
I love coffee dearly but I'm not a big fan of feeling wired, so normal drip coffee is fine with me, black no sugar.

Expresso is a rare treat, which happens to be well overdo. Lemme see, how long will it take me to get to Trsnrtr's house?

I'll let you know when I get everything dialed in. Should be able to get here in 2 days from NY state, maybe 1 day if you fuel up on espresso along the way. :thumb:

Trsnrtr 05-18-20 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21481884)
That's gone up, but not horrible considering how long it's been, I'm sure it's been upgraded a time or two, as well. WLL and ChrisCoffee in NY were my go-to - both great places.

I talked to a guy at Whole Latte Love and he recommended it over the higher priced units so I bought it. He said it was a workhorse and a half and would last forever.

Trsnrtr 05-18-20 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21482104)

And, I can grind seeds, too!