Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

Heathpack 05-03-20 05:27 PM

Still waiting on my pig.

Trsnrtr 05-03-20 05:35 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21453234)
Today I realized that I need to get new bottles.

I was in my shop this morning and looked over at a shelf full of bottles and realized that I need to throw out some old bottles.

rjones28 05-03-20 05:39 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21453303)
Yardwork is dumber than running.

Encountered a guy on an ElliptiGo on today's ride.

rjones28 05-03-20 05:41 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21453328)
No pre-hydration. Rookie mistake.

My emergency water was not needed today. I thought about stopping at Melton Hill Dam restrooms for a drink, but the park was "closed." Well, it was for most people, but not Velo Vol. I snuck around the gate and kept riding. I didn't bother stopping to see if the bathrooms were locked. Hydration was the least of my problems.

You're a rebel.

LAJ 05-03-20 06:04 PM


Originally Posted by ericy (Post 21452877)
I have gradually added various "Smart Home" things to the house. Lights that come on/off automatically, that kind of thing. But I also added some water sensors - I had placed one adjacent to the washing machine many months ago, and a second one next to the water heater. Then one day I was sitting in my office, and I get an alert that there is water next to the washer - I went to check it out, and sure enough the washer hoses were starting to go bad.

After that episode, I got more of the things - one under each sink, and one under the dishwasher.

I like it, and good idea. Thanks.

Jadesfire 05-03-20 06:35 PM

I went for a walk today during a study break. It is absolutely gorgeous here this weekend. Some of this band's songs came up on my playlist (they've been around for some time but I just discovered them this past December), and it reminded me that this was supposed to be the last weekend of Jazz Fest. So here, thought I'd share.


ericy 05-03-20 06:43 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21453273)
Blackberry is bad enough, but corn in ice cream?

Do you cut kernels off the cobb directly into the mixer?

How about no.

There is an ice cream place near us that has corn ice cream. It is really pretty good. But the thing they are more famous for is bacon ice cream. I only tried it once - it wasn't bad.

Velo Vol 05-03-20 06:50 PM


Originally Posted by Jadesfire (Post 21453508)
Some of this band's songs came up on my playlist (they've been around for some time but I just discovered them this past December)

I've seen a few of their videos. Nice washboard.

Originally Posted by ericy (Post 21453526)
There is an ice cream place near us that has corn ice cream. It is really pretty good. But the thing they are more famous for is bacon ice cream. I only tried it once - it wasn't bad.

Why ruin ice cream? It doesn't make sense.

bampilot06 05-03-20 06:51 PM

Got the seat height and position dialed in today. Had a pretty great ride, my pace seemed to be back to what I am used to, and I didnít feel like I was over working. It was the hottest day that I have ridden in so far this year, so not having water was kind of dumb on my part. 85 and sunny.
Iím looking gunna pick up water cages this week. The LBS trek store carries Bontrager Elite cages that come in orange and will match my bike.

So right before I sold the CAAD, I started to notice on some rides that I would get pain in my left foot. It is specifically on the bottom of my left foot, in the area before my big toe begins. It wasnít every ride, but it seemed like it was beginning to happen more frequently.

Today I got the same pain, near the end of my ride. It wasnít as sharp as before, but I am sure if I had continued going it would have gotten worse.

Any thoughts? Iím assuming this would be a shoe/ pedal adjustment?

Bah Humbug 05-03-20 06:55 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21453544)
Why ruin ice cream? It doesn't make sense.

So I shouldn't put you down for a pint of lobster ice cream? It's a thing in Maine.

LesterOfPuppets 05-03-20 07:02 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21453391)
Encountered a guy on an ElliptiGo on today's ride.

I need to email them to see if they'll sell me a pair of SUB pedals.

#biggerisbetter

Velo Vol 05-03-20 07:20 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21452959)
This gorgeous house is in Sharon WI:

My sister, fittingly named Sharon, was born in Sharon, PA.

DougRNS

Velo Vol 05-03-20 07:22 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21452543)
Say hi to la chica if you see her.

I looked and saw that I had three or four flybys. One of them "Amanda."

Her rides must be protected as I couldn't dig up more info.

ericy 05-03-20 07:41 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21453544)
Why ruin ice cream? It doesn't make sense.

For the tourists. People line up for the stuff.

berner 05-03-20 08:47 PM


Originally Posted by Jadesfire (Post 21453508)
I went for a walk today during a study break. It is absolutely gorgeous here this weekend. Some of this band's songs came up on my playlist (they've been around for some time but I just discovered them this past December), and it reminded me that this was supposed to be the last weekend of Jazz Fest. So here, thought I'd share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VaD1yFarm0

Now that video puts me right on Jackson Square.

berner 05-03-20 08:49 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21453552)
So I shouldn't put you down for a pint of lobster ice cream? It's a thing in Maine.

I don't believe a word of it.

ls01 05-04-20 02:59 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21453546)
Got the seat height and position dialed in today. Had a pretty great ride, my pace seemed to be back to what I am used to, and I didnít feel like I was over working. It was the hottest day that I have ridden in so far this year, so not having water was kind of dumb on my part. 85 and sunny.
Iím looking gunna pick up water cages this week. The LBS trek store carries Bontrager Elite cages that come in orange and will match my bike.

So right before I sold the CAAD, I started to notice on some rides that I would get pain in my left foot. It is specifically on the bottom of my left foot, in the area before my big toe begins. It wasnít every ride, but it seemed like it was beginning to happen more frequently.

Today I got the same pain, near the end of my ride. It wasnít as sharp as before, but I am sure if I had continued going it would have gotten worse.

Any thoughts? Iím assuming this would be a shoe/ pedal adjustment?

Hard to say. What kind of pain is it? Could be as simple as hot foot to the wrong shoe. Try some different footbeds.. I use Specialized foot beds, they work for me.

bampilot06 05-04-20 03:35 AM


Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21454011)
Hard to say. What kind of pain is it? Could be as simple as hot foot to the wrong shoe. Try some different footbeds.. I use Specialized foot beds, they work for me.

Pain gets progressively worse when this does happen. I find myself trying to rotate my foot inside my shoe to take the pressure off of it. Sometimes it will hurt to walk afterwards for an hour or two.

Bah Humbug 05-04-20 04:53 AM


Originally Posted by berner (Post 21453775)
I don't believe a word of it.

https://www.mic.com/articles/181498/...ster-ice-cream

datlas 05-04-20 05:30 AM

I have been more of a Star Trek guy, but that said, happy Star Wars Day to all.

datlas 05-04-20 06:08 AM

This morning's weigh in shows NO WEIGHT GAIN. WTF? I have been eating like a pig.

Maybe I should ride less? :twitchy:

WhyFi 05-04-20 06:34 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21453311)
She agrees - that's why you're doing it.

Nah - in fairness, she does a lot of work on the garden. She had a landscape designer put together a plan for her years ago and she's been working on it, since. I'm just happy that I've finally convinced her that I'm a complementary piece - she used to try to get me to help her do things like plant bulbs or tufts of decorative grasses. **** that, that's not the kind of thing that I enjoy doing and it's something that she's more than capable of doing herself. Instead, have me remove shrubs, point me at a hole that needs to be dug for a new tree or have me move tons of material - I don't mind leaning in to labor like that.

seedsbelize 05-04-20 06:38 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21453546)
Got the seat height and position dialed in today. Had a pretty great ride, my pace seemed to be back to what I am used to, and I didnít feel like I was over working. It was the hottest day that I have ridden in so far this year, so not having water was kind of dumb on my part. 85 and sunny.
Iím looking gunna pick up water cages this week. (The LBS trek store carries Bontrager Elite cages that come in orange and will match my bike.)

So right before I sold the CAAD, I started to notice on some rides that I would get pain in my left foot. It is specifically on the bottom of my left foot, in the area before my big toe begins. It wasnít every ride, but it seemed like it was beginning to happen more frequently.

Today I got the same pain, near the end of my ride. It wasnít as sharp as before, but I am sure if I had continued going it would have gotten worse.

Any thoughts? Iím assuming this would be a shoe/ pedal adjustment?

I don't believe we've seen a close-up photo shoot of your new bike yet. I didn't even know it was orange. My favorite bike color, after black.

WhyFi 05-04-20 06:42 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21454021)
Pain gets progressively worse when this does happen. I find myself trying to rotate my foot inside my shoe to take the pressure off of it. Sometimes it will hurt to walk afterwards for an hour or two.

Hot foot is really tough to get a handle on. It's almost like saddles - that something works for one person is no guarantee that it'll work for another. As ls01 mentioned, footbeds may help. Or maybe you need to reexamine cleat position. Inadequate width was a big problem for me, too, but I don't think that would manifest at the big toe...

seedsbelize 05-04-20 06:46 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21454094)
I have been more of a Star Trek guy, but that said, happy Star Wars Day to all.

Today is the 64th birthday of my first real sweetheart. The first one with whom I could have made a go of it, had I not been so young and immature. She's planning a visit, when the plague allows it. We last saw each other in the late 80s


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.