Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

LAJ 12-31-21 02:37 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22357221)
It's going on too thick. Find a way to spray thinner coats.


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22357260)
And, when you spray thin coats, spray the next coat while the prior coat is still tacky. That helps the two coats “melt” together and become one rather than multiple layers of cured paint.

Also, never wait longer than 15 minutes between coats, or if that time period passes, I wouldn't add another coat for at least 24 hours.

rjones28 12-31-21 02:43 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22357291)
rjones28 ending 2021 in full troll mode.

What do you have against farmer's markets?

abshipp 12-31-21 03:08 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22357270)
I don't think his problem is that his paint is cured. I think it's that his paint is CURSED!!!!!


(Highly recommended!)

DougRNS 12-31-21 03:16 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22357139)
quality was low. I blame myself. not enough mentions of the awesome suite of products like the shovel, Marigold jacket and lightweight, elegant and aero seatpost.

i won't go any further, draw your own conclusions.

addendum:
The highlight may have occurred today when my 2006 wireless gear worked on my laptop saving my arse. That's how good my year was.
#ItSucked

DougRNS 12-31-21 03:18 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22357277)
Currently sunny and 48F. The trees are budding.

he's in East Knoxville.
Big difference.

abshipp 12-31-21 03:22 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22355380)
Any chance you could store bikes at work?

Not really. We're actually quite limited on storage space right now.


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22355382)
I'll make it easy for you.

Number the bikes 1-5 by age, 1 being the newest.

Sell/donate bikes 3,4,5.

Problem solved.

1976 Motobecane Grand Jubilee (in IL)
1977 Schwinn Super Le Tour 12.2 (frameset only at the moment)
197X Track
1981 Trek 716
2014 Canfield Nimble 9
2020 Holdsworth Competition

Track bike is on the chopping block for sure. I think I'm going to take the wheelset from it and build the SLT as a fixed gear with porteur bars. Should be able to fit at least 42mm tires with fenders and clearance to spare. More or less imitating this build but with 650b instead of 700c:


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...0feba96cb6.jpg

That still makes me N +/- 0 on complete bikes. I may end up decommissioning the Trek and putting the parts in storage, I just don't really ride the thing. And if the SLT has full coverage fenders I'd be all right riding it on wet roads so that satisfies my want for a wet weather bike.

Velo Vol 12-31-21 03:24 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22357297)
What do you have against farmer's markets?

You're trying to get me worked up over your pseudo-bike, your hamlets which may or may not exist, your winter denialism, etc. But I'm not falling for it today. I've got bigger fish to fry.

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22357328)
he's in East Knoxville.

Incorrect.

seedsbelize2 12-31-21 03:28 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22357230)
I don't have one. #EastCoaster


Mojo31 12-31-21 03:31 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22357334)
You're trying to get me worked up over your pseudo-bike, your hamlets which may or may not exist, your winter denialism, etc. But I'm not falling for it today. I've got bigger fish to fry.

Incorrect.

Cooking up a catfish fry?

Mojo31 12-31-21 03:34 PM

Am I the only one who doesn’t want more bikes?

seedsbelize2 12-31-21 03:36 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22357253)
Go outside. It's gray, dreary, chilly (kind of), and everything is dead.


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...57078b0ff0.png

Light rain, 90A. Greenery all about. Birds singing. I'm lying here in my hammock in a t shirt and shorts with the outside door open. And the ceiling fan on. Normal temp for this day is closer to 70A. Year with no winter.

rjones28 12-31-21 03:38 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22357334)
You're trying to get me worked up over your pseudo-bike, your hamlets which may or may not exist, your winter denialism, etc. But I'm not falling for it today. I've got bigger fish to fry.

Incorrect.

Did you catch it yourself?

rjones28 12-31-21 03:40 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22357355)
Am I the only one who doesn’t want more bikes?

Maybe

seedsbelize2 12-31-21 03:40 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22357260)
And, when you spray thin coats, spray the next coat while the prior coat is still tacky. That helps the two coats “melt” together and become one rather than multiple layers of cured paint.

I already waxed it. I suppose I could sand it back down. I have one more yet to re-paint this non-winter. Who would have thought a high powered federal prosecutor would know so much about painting a steel bike?

BillyD 12-31-21 03:41 PM

RIP Betty White, 99 y/o.

rjones28 12-31-21 03:41 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22357357)
Light rain, 90A. Greenery all about. Birds singing. I'm lying here in my hammock in a t shirt and shorts with the outside door open. And the ceiling fan on. Normal temp for this day is closer to 70A. Year with no winter.

:troll:

DougRNS 12-31-21 03:41 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22357334)
You're trying to get me worked up over your pseudo-bike, your hamlets which may or may not exist, your winter denialism, etc. But I'm not falling for it today. I've got bigger fish to fry.

Incorrect.

anything east of 75 as it splits from 40 and goes north I consider east Knoxville. I was indeed confused but what is New with that?
#LostAStep

seedsbelize2 12-31-21 03:45 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22357293)
Also, never wait longer than 15 minutes between coats, or if that time period passes, I wouldn't add another coat for at least 24 hours.

Well now I have to sand it back down, with all this great advice. The Youtibe videos didn't mention this.

BillyD 12-31-21 03:45 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22357291)
rjones28 ending 2021 in full troll mode.

The pot calling the kettle black. :lol: :eek:

DougRNS 12-31-21 03:47 PM

Since this is weathertalk.net

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c8b86ba624.jpg

BillyD 12-31-21 03:48 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22357368)
RIP Betty White, 99 y/o.

A little late but she rates another mention.

Mojo31 12-31-21 03:51 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22357366)
I already waxed it. I suppose I could sand it back down. I have one more yet to re-paint this non-winter. Who would have thought a high powered federal prosecutor would know so much about painting a steel bike?

I’m not a federal prosecutor nor high powered. But, I have painted some stuff.

BillyD 12-31-21 03:54 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22357355)
Am I the only one who doesn’t want more bikes?

Maybe. I saw a gorgeous white steel Serotta in the front window of my butcher (of all places) that made me wish it was my size. The irony is I haven't ridden in years, as the wife keeps reminding me, but that bike was so pretty it might get me back out there.

seedsbelize2 12-31-21 03:55 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22357355)
Am I the only one who doesn’t want more bikes?

I'm happy with what I've got.

seedsbelize2 12-31-21 04:00 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22357384)
I’m not a federal prosecutor nor high powered. But, I have painted some stuff.

I took license. You mentioned you do work for the govt., no?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:09 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.