Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

WhyFi 09-11-21 06:21 PM

Damn - someone stole my Local Legend that I didn't know I had. Oh wells.

rjones28 09-11-21 06:29 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22225537)
Slow day. Everyone but me must be riding or playing softball. Or something.

Saturday shenanigans with Benson and Mrs. rjones28 most of the day.

LesterOfPuppets 09-11-21 06:36 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22225989)
Not like that.

Not like what?

Looks like your TN brethren had a rough day too. Commendable effort though.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...s_logo.svg.png


​​​​

rjones28 09-11-21 06:39 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22225801)
Speaking of disliking drivers... :notamused:

https://media.giphy.com/media/hNuUQo...6uN2/giphy.gif

Looks familiar.

Velo Vol 09-11-21 06:40 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22226013)
Saturday shenanigans with Benson and Mrs. rjones28 most of the day.

Not a recognized activity.

rjones28 09-11-21 06:43 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22225819)
I may have to post this in “bicycle mechanics” but will start local. I have a Williams 38 crabon wheel that is 10s but would like to convert to 11s if possible. Williams wheels is defunct. Any idea how to find a compatible freehub body? See pics below:


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...1a4d56558.jpeg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...7b028a1e7.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...62233d845.jpeg

Grimy AF.

LesterOfPuppets 09-11-21 06:48 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22226022)
Not like what?

Looks like your TN brethren had a rough day too. Commendable effort though.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...s_logo.svg.png


​​​​

wait, that game is still going? Go Governors!!!

rjones28 09-11-21 06:50 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22225867)

Thanks for the excuse to post a pic of the e-Commuter cockpit.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...328cd80ca1.png

DougRNS 09-11-21 06:54 PM

Combined no hitter 8 innings for the starter who left after 8 innings and 115 pitches. The closer finished it.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a142627a7e.jpg
#NewsYou CanUse

Velo Vol 09-11-21 06:55 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22226022)
Looks like your TN brethren had a rough day too. Commendable effort though.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...s_logo.svg.png

​​​​

It's still in the first half.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5340eaf417.png

LesterOfPuppets 09-11-21 06:57 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22226049)

Pretty late game for east coasters.

DougRNS 09-11-21 06:58 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22226036)
wait, that game is still going? Go Governors!!!

Let's go Peay!

LesterOfPuppets 09-11-21 07:01 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22226054)
Pretty late game for east coasters.

Maybe it just seems late because I've been up since 0400

rjones28 09-11-21 07:06 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22226030)
Not a recognized activity.

I can't help you with your cognitive disability.

Velo Vol 09-11-21 07:06 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22226043)
Thanks for the excuse to post a pic of the e-Commuter cockpit.

She was entirely correct: eBikes are for people who can no longer ride real bikes.

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22226054)
Pretty late game for east coasters.

Neither school is on the East Coast.

big john 09-11-21 07:17 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22225965)
It appears driving is hard, judging by the *******s we saw today.


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22225990)
worst weekend of the year.

We didn't have that today. I usually avoid Pacific Coast Highway because I hate it but today it was not bad. Only got buzzed once and no horn honking.

Velo Vol 09-11-21 07:32 PM

I drove today and did just fine.

seedsbelize2 09-11-21 07:33 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22224806)
I bet you see a lot of air cooled Volkswagens.

Only bugs.
But the bugs are becoming the second most common vehicle, riding second fiddle to Nissan/Datsun.

MoAlpha 09-11-21 07:37 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22226086)
We didn't have that today. I usually avoid Pacific Coast Highway because I hate it but today it was not bad. Only got buzzed once and no horn honking.

Got two punish passes, but no honks. One was my fault for leaving room.

A young guy in a hot Eurosportsedan did intentionally leave me room to cut in from the shoulder and sprint across a long one-lane bridge with a traffic signal.

rjones28 09-11-21 07:48 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22226108)
I drove today and did just fine.

How did the other road users fare?

indyfabz 09-11-21 07:50 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22226022)
Not like what?

Looks like your TN brethren had a rough day too. Commendable effort though.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...s_logo.svg.png


​​​​

Looks a bit like a pissed off version of the Monopoly guy.

Mojo31 09-11-21 07:50 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22226116)
Got two punish passes, but no honks. One was my fault for leaving room.

A young guy in a hot Eurosportsedan did intentionally leave me room to cut in from the shoulder and sprint across a long one-lane bridge with a traffic signal.

Guys who drive hot Euro sports cars and sedans are cool like that.

Was driving to Dallas yesterday after work on a toll road with a 70mph limit. I was cruising along at about 85 when a motorcycle passed me like I was standing still. He was easily going 150 mph. Not relevant to cycling, but he scared the hell out of me when he came up my backside and then swerved into the left lane and took off.

Mojo31 09-11-21 07:51 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22226108)
I drove today and did just fine.

The UTs are stinking it up today.

LesterOfPuppets 09-11-21 07:56 PM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22226048)
Combined no hitter 8 innings for the starter who left after 8 innings and 115 pitches. The closer finished it.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...a142627a7e.jpg
#NewsYou CanUse

First team to get no-hit 3 times in a season, according to ABC

DougRNS 09-11-21 08:01 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22226133)
First team to get no-hit 3 times in a season, according to ABC

yep
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...99ac9a43f0.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:49 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.