Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

phrantic09 07-22-20 10:22 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21600947)
Yes, you paid your dues, I didn't mean to suggest your house hunting experience was a walk in the park. Your post puts things in great perspective.

Knowing that, I guess that's why we're dragging our feet to move out of here, we just don't look forward to the tough part.

Iíd imagine that the market is even crazier down there in the Hudson valley with everyone moving out of the city.

datlas 07-22-20 10:28 AM

Good ride in, now time to do telemedicine all afternoon with my shirt/tie/shorts.

#ThisModernLife

Velo Vol 07-22-20 10:36 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21601102)
Good ride in, now time to do telemedicine all afternoon with my shirt/tie/shorts.

#ThisModernLife

What about the lab coat?

Bah Humbug 07-22-20 10:39 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21601088)
Itís horrible, especially for a cat who goes outside. Takes away itís major defensive weapon.

And means of escape.

datlas 07-22-20 10:43 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21601115)
What about the lab coat?

Not for telemedicine.

datlas 07-22-20 10:44 AM

Oh, today was my first ride using my Garmin Varia radar. I am generally pleased. I went with one friend and a few times the radar gave me a false positive that was really my friend.

I think it will be most valuable/useful on solo rides.

Bah Humbug 07-22-20 10:47 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21601140)
Oh, today was my first ride using my Garmin Varia radar. I am generally pleased. I went with one friend and a few times the radar gave me a false positive that was really my friend.

I think it will be most valuable/useful on solo rides.

I wish it were smart enough to maintain radar lock on a designated contact, such as AG, so I could always see how far back she is. And yes, I'd like it projected to a HUD on my visor.

Velo Vol 07-22-20 10:57 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21601136)
Not for telemedicine.

No wonder insurance won't pay for it. SMH

LAJ 07-22-20 11:02 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21601167)
No wonder insurance won't pay for it. SMH

When you mow, is your mowing job better when you wear a lawn mowing vest?

Velo Vol 07-22-20 11:13 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21601180)
When you mow, is your mowing job better when you wear a lawn mowing vest?

It isn't part of my uniform.

Bah Humbug 07-22-20 11:14 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21601180)
When you mow, is your mowing job better when you wear a lawn mowing vest?

I swim better in a swimsuit than jeans. ;)

LAJ 07-22-20 11:21 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21601204)
It isn't part of my uniform.

It should be. The professional mowers I see wear them. I'm thinking it may be a good idea to disregard all of your lawn mowing talk, simply because you don't look like you mow lawns.

LAJ 07-22-20 11:23 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21601207)
I swim better in a swimsuit than jeans. ;)

See?

Velo Vol 07-22-20 11:37 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21601217)
It should be. The professional mowers I see wear them. I'm thinking it may be a good idea to disregard all of your lawn mowing talk, simply because you don't look like you mow lawns.

Doctors are supposed to wear lab coats. It's part of the Hippocratic Oath.

MoAlpha 07-22-20 11:45 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21601253)
Doctors are supposed to wear lab coats. It's part of the Hippocratic Oath.

I don't wear a lab coat, but I also didn't take the oath. It seemed like a bad deal.

LAJ 07-22-20 11:53 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21601253)
Doctors are supposed to wear lab coats. It's part of the Hippocratic Oath.

I didn't take the oath, but I sometimes wear a lab coat.

This world is getting really screwy.

LAJ 07-22-20 11:53 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21601273)
I don't wear a lab coat, but I also didn't take the oath. It seemed like a bad deal.

No ****. Smart man.

MoAlpha 07-22-20 11:55 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21600386)
If you want a max heart rate, go do a 40k tt with temps around 100. I figured my days of seeing a max hr were long gone, but I was wrong. Thank heavens I don't look at heart rate other than on active recovery days, otherwise I would have scared the living **** out of myself.

As long the pump is doing its job, there's nothing for a trained athlete to be scared of about a high number.

genejockey 07-22-20 12:34 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21601273)
I don't wear a lab coat, but I also didn't take the oath. It seemed like a bad deal.

Great advantage of not taking the oath - I only have to deal with my lab group and a limited selection of other groups. Not (shudder) the public.

bampilot06 07-22-20 12:45 PM

First house today I like a lot. Wife wasnít a fan, it was older and was going to need some work. Second house was a winner. Everything we have been looking for, and move in ready. Asking is a little bit more than we are comfortable with, but we met the owner and hope he will accept our offer.

whyfi, I would be in Williamsburg.

Velo Vol 07-22-20 12:51 PM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21601273)
I don't wear a lab coat, but I also didn't take the oath. It seemed like a bad deal.


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21601284)
I didn't take the oath, but I sometimes wear a lab coat.

You know who else doesn't wear lab coats? Witch doctors, that's who.

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 21601350)
Great advantage of not taking the oath - I only have to deal with my lab group and a limited selection of other groups. Not (shudder) the public.

What kind of lab?

genejockey 07-22-20 12:57 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21601390)

What kind of lab?

Molecular Biology. Hence "GeneJockey"

Bah Humbug 07-22-20 01:00 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 21601398)
Molecular Biology. Hence "GeneJockey"

I had assumed that Gene was your name.

genejockey 07-22-20 01:03 PM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21601401)
I had assumed that Gene was your name.

And that I'm only 5' tall and ride horses?

Velo Vol 07-22-20 01:05 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 21601398)
Molecular Biology. Hence "GeneJockey"

I find that genes are not well understood.

Just sayin'


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.