Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

BillyD 04-15-20 09:59 AM

I have to do my part to stimulate the 'Merican economy in this crisis, thus I've been thinking about a new camera. :)

Trsnrtr 04-15-20 10:03 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21419476)
Send it back.

Uhhh... ok.

noodle soup 04-15-20 10:04 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21419505)
I have to do my part to stimulate the 'Merican economy in this crisis, thus I've been thinking about a new camera. :)

I'm thinking I need a mountain bike.

between the stimulus check, and the little bonus my boss hooked me up with before being furloughed, I should have enough to get something nice.

Jadesfire 04-15-20 10:14 AM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21419514)
I'm thinking I need a mountain bike.

between the stimulus check, and the little bonus my boss hooked me up with before being furloughed, I should have enough to get something nice.

Oh, hey glad you posted here today. I have to thank you for saving me a lot of money recently. After purchasing a new group set on one website (which shall remain nameless), I was googling around obsessing over it...naturally... and came upon one of your posts from a couple of years ago supporting eurobikeparts.com. So thank you! Cancelled the first order, placed a new one with them and viola- you saved me about $150. I would buy you a beer or three if it weren't for the interstate travel and social distancing.

bampilot06 04-15-20 10:14 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21419350)


gives me more time to train.

abshipp 04-15-20 10:17 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21419498)
auto mechanic

I had been preparing to make a call about my non-functioning turn signals to get an estimate, but on my way in to work today they worked properly :foo:

noodle soup 04-15-20 10:25 AM


Originally Posted by Jadesfire (Post 21419543)
Oh, hey glad you posted here today. I have to thank you for saving me a lot of money recently. After purchasing a new group set on one website (which shall remain nameless), I was googling around obsessing over it...naturally... and came upon one of your posts from a couple of years ago supporting eurobikeparts.com. So thank you! Cancelled the first order, placed a new one with them and viola- you saved me about $150. I would buy you a beer or three if it weren't for the interstate travel and social distancing.

I'm glad I could help. What groupset did you get?

rjones28 04-15-20 10:26 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21419405)
Vinegar or mayo?

I like both.

Velo Vol 04-15-20 10:30 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21419549)
I had been preparing to make a call about my non-functioning turn signals to get an estimate, but on my way in to work today they worked properly :foo:

From time to time I've had stuff not work and then mysteriously come back to life.

This time my ignition switch went kaput, and that's a problem.

noodle soup 04-15-20 10:39 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21419544)
gives me more time to train.

A little more info on that

https://www.velonews.com/news/uci-co...y-giro-vuelta/

Jadesfire 04-15-20 10:45 AM


Originally Posted by noodle soup (Post 21419577)
I'm glad I could help. What groupset did you get?

The newer Shimano 105...R7000 (I think that's the #).

WhyFi 04-15-20 11:04 AM


Originally Posted by Jadesfire (Post 21419621)
The newer Shimano 105...R7000 (I think that's the #).

Good stuff. The current generation of Shimano is just so impressive.

Velo Vol 04-15-20 11:10 AM


Originally Posted by Jadesfire (Post 21419543)
After purchasing a new group set on one website

What are you going to do with a group set?

Velo Vol 04-15-20 11:12 AM

Called it.


Velo Vol 04-15-20 11:16 AM

rjones28 does your bike store offer athletic masks?

LesterOfPuppets 04-15-20 11:18 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21419678)
rjones28 does your bike store offer athletic masks?

I thought most had buffs, at the very least.

bampilot06 04-15-20 11:20 AM

New bike still hasnít shipped. Got them on the phone this morning, they started to build it yesterday, and should be finished today.

Leave for work today, maybe it will be here by the time I get home....

Velo Vol 04-15-20 11:23 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21419683)
I thought most had buffs, at the very least.

Need specially designed road cycling masks with a 300% markup.

Jadesfire 04-15-20 11:29 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21419655)
Good stuff. The current generation of Shimano is just so impressive.

That's what I hear/read. Seemed like a solid option since I'm ready to modernize. This plus a set of Psimet wheels (also ordered) and I should be set...for a while ;).


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21419665)
What are you going to do with a group set?

Something something something bicycle something...

Velo Vol 04-15-20 11:37 AM


Originally Posted by Jadesfire (Post 21419710)
Something something something bicycle something...

If the answer is: "I'm going to personally install it on a bicycle," that's going to make me feel :o.

Jadesfire 04-15-20 11:40 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21419726)
If the answer is: "I'm going to personally install it on a bicycle," that's going to make me feel :o.

Why?

WhyFi 04-15-20 11:40 AM

Damn it. Enabler noodle soup passed along the news that Light Bicycle is doing $1 shipping worldwide. I had previously thought about rims from them, but the high shipping charges were a turnoff. Now, though - $330 shipped for a pair of 46mm deep, 28mm wide (21mm internally), 435g carbon rims? Oof. It's tempting to pick up 'em and Johnny Cash some wheels as deal pop up on spokes and hubs.

Velo Vol 04-15-20 11:49 AM


Originally Posted by Jadesfire (Post 21419729)
Why?

Because everyone and their cousin here seems to be building bicycles and wheels, and I can barely change a tyre.

Bah Humbug 04-15-20 11:55 AM


Originally Posted by Jadesfire (Post 21419621)
The newer Shimano 105...R7000 (I think that's the #).

Yeah if I manage to kill even part of the 5800 on my R2 with sweat this summer, R7000 is going on.

Jadesfire 04-15-20 12:10 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21419757)
Because everyone and their cousin here seems to be building bicycles and wheels, and I can barely change a tyre.

But you can wrap your handlebars. :beer:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:58 PM.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.