Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

genejockey 09-22-21 12:32 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22241335)
You have a "want" problem, not a "need" problem.

Nonsense! I can stop anytime she wants!

BillyD 09-22-21 12:43 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22241423)
I thought it looked intriguing. The Feed sent an ad to it, and that looks far better than that rolling around on the ground on top of a foam cylinder. I'm considering it, but have no experience with it.

On the downside you canít do both legs at once. Also, doesnít look like you could do your back at all.

LAJ 09-22-21 12:56 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22241456)
On the downside you canít do both legs at once. Also, doesnít look like you could do your back at all.

I am thankful I have no back issues. Keeping sane weight on the squats and deadlifts both strengthen, and keep me limber there. The more gadgets, the more time I devote to cycling. I need to be careful there. Should I go with this thing, the AirOFit, racing and training, as well as maintenance. It all adds up.

Mojo31 09-22-21 12:58 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22241423)
I thought it looked intriguing. The Feed sent an ad to it, and that looks far better than that rolling around on the ground on top of a foam cylinder. I'm considering it, but have no experience with it.

We have balls and such, but I'm not a big fan. Might have to look into it more.

Mojo31 09-22-21 01:08 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22241456)
On the downside you canít do both legs at once. Also, doesnít look like you could do your back at all.

They have an app for that as well: R4 | The most effective foam roller on the market | ROLL Recovery

Velo Vol 09-22-21 01:10 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22241430)
Is the lightheadedness because the headphones ear protection is heavy, so the absence feels light?

No.

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22241438)
Too little signal among too much noise.

It's an old drug, he's been practicing many years. You don't need a big fancy study for a doctor to know if other patients have complained about lightheadedness before.

seedsbelize2 09-22-21 01:14 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22240548)
The sun's going down on the final day of summer.
°Hallelujah!
:bday:

Indeed. I have been feeling it in the air these past few days. I can't taste it yet, but soon.

DougRNS 09-22-21 01:15 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22241313)
I do wear earplugs inside the Husqvarnas. I could adjust those looser, but I wanted to keep out as much noise as possible. I don't know for sure this is causing discomfort beyond when I take them off.

my battery mower has a maximum noise level of 55 decibels. No protection needed. :bday:
#TheFuture

genejockey 09-22-21 01:23 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22241493)
No.

It's an old drug, he's been practicing many years. You don't need a big fancy study for a doctor to know if other patients have complained about lightheadedness before.

Hence, "...ones that are minor and/or only hit a small percentage of patients will get lost in the noise...".

But also, post hoc does not imply propter hoc.

Velo Vol 09-22-21 01:29 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22241514)
Hence, "...ones that are minor and/or only hit a small percentage of patients will get lost in the noise...".

Lightheadedness isn't minor.

seedsbelize2 09-22-21 01:30 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22241311)
I keep saying that. And yet..

There's a Trek 500 frame set for sale in C&V. $100 plus shipping. Thankfully just a hair too big for me.

Mojo31 09-22-21 01:31 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22241522)
Lightheadedness isn't minor.

I get lightheaded from blood pressure drops at times. Both my doctor and I consider it minor. I can pretty much predict when it will happen.

genejockey 09-22-21 01:33 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22241522)
Lightheadedness isn't minor.

Compared to the range of possible Adverse Events, it absolutely is.

seedsbelize2 09-22-21 01:36 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22241439)
10,000!

Boy, we post a lot.

I was approaching 100 last I checked.

seedsbelize2 09-22-21 01:40 PM

I use Stihl earmuffs. They work fine. Of course I'm using them with Stihl machines. Perhaps they are programmed such

genejockey 09-22-21 01:43 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22241524)
There's a Trek 500 frame set for sale in C&V. $100 plus shipping. Thankfully just a hair too big for me.

Yeah, there's a Centurion Ironman frame that would have fit me on Ebay for $100 plus shipping. But I know how much it costs to kit out a bike from a bare frame. I'd end up spending way, way more than I will end up spending on the one I bought. I really enjoyed building up the Battaglin from a bare frame, sourcing all the parts on the web, looking for the lowest prices, getting the build kit put together. But it wasn't cheap!

Velo Vol 09-22-21 01:47 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22241526)
I get lightheaded from blood pressure drops at times. Both my doctor and I consider it minor. I can pretty much predict when it will happen.

Not the same as something that's going on for days, and you don't know what's causing it.

big john 09-22-21 01:49 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22241313)
I do wear earplugs inside the Husqvarnas.

When I rode my Husqvarna I didn't wear earplugs but the helmet protected my ears.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...bc89b1e0ef.jpg

datlas 09-22-21 01:50 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22241439)
10,000!

Boy, we post a lot.

Yes, but most often quantity beasts quality.

PepeM 09-22-21 01:55 PM

I wore earplugs on my Husqvarna:
htthttps://i.imgur.com/yEAPVC0.jpg

How I miss that thing.
ps://i.imgur.com/yEAPVC0.jp

Eric F 09-22-21 01:57 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22241554)
Yes, but most often quantity beasts quality.

That's certainly true here.

Eric F 09-22-21 02:01 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22241543)
Yeah, there's a Centurion Ironman frame that would have fit me on Ebay for $100 plus shipping. But I know how much it costs to kit out a bike from a bare frame. I'd end up spending way, way more than I will end up spending on the one I bought. I really enjoyed building up the Battaglin from a bare frame, sourcing all the parts on the web, looking for the lowest prices, getting the build kit put together. But it wasn't cheap!

That was my experience, too. For my retro build project, the only thing I didn't buy was the headset. Stem, bars, and crankset I bought twice. I should probably sell the first stuff, but I'm lazy. I think I ended up spending close to $1k for all my parts, decals, and bits.

big john 09-22-21 02:05 PM


Originally Posted by PepeM (Post 22241562)
I wore earplugs on my Husqvarna:
htthttps://i.imgur.com/yEAPVC0.jpg

How I miss that thing.
ps://i.imgur.com/yEAPVC0.jp

Is that an Italian Husky? Mine was from Sweden, a 1979.

PepeM 09-22-21 02:07 PM


Originally Posted by big john (Post 22241578)
Is that an Italian Husky? Mine was from Sweden, a 1979.

Italian indeed. 2007 I think.

PepeM 09-22-21 02:16 PM

Disc breaks, drafting, trekmogul... This place never changes. :D


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.