Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

MoAlpha 12-01-21 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22325921)
Maybe he didn't like her because she could see through him.

Bingo.

LAJ 12-01-21 05:12 PM

My Black Friday stuff I ordered from Stuckey's is shipping. Folks are going to get old time gifts that should bring them back in time. I'm excited. I also ordered myself an "Eat Here & Get Gas" T-shirt.

OldTryGuy 12-01-21 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22325929)
I found out yesterday that an old friend from the road club has Alzheimer's. He moved out of the area a few years ago and the guy who told me said he can still ride his road bike but someone has to go with him because he gets lost. He can't remember other old friends or events. Very sad to hear, such a nice man. One time out in the hills on a windy day he came back looking for me after I had been dropped and he pulled me to the end.

So true and so, SO, SO SAD >>> Glen Campbell - I'm Not Gonna Miss You

Velo Vol 12-01-21 05:52 PM

What is this?

Eric F 12-01-21 05:55 PM

I found out yesterday that an old friend from the road club has Alzheimer's. He moved out of the area a few years ago and the guy who told me said he can still ride his road bike but someone has to go with him because he gets lost. He can't remember other old friends or events. Very sad to hear, such a nice man. One time out in the hills on a windy day he came back looking for me after I had been dropped and he pulled me to the end.

I'm sorry to hear that about your friend.

The slow failing of the human body and mind is hard to watch. We've been witness to the creeping decline of my step-father as vascular dementia ground away at the sharpness of one of the most interesting and intelligent humans I've ever known. Yesterday afternoon, the last of the flickering lights went out, and he passed peacefully. We are currently wading through a mixture of anguish and relief left in the wake of his exit.

big john 12-01-21 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by OldTryGuy (Post 22326035)
So true and so, SO, SO SAD >>> Glen Campbell - I'm Not Gonna Miss You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8TsAh-zYFI

My friend is married to a relative of Glen Campbell and she told me some stories about him. Seemed like he was a good guy.

big john 12-01-21 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22326052)

The slow failing of the human body and mind is hard to watch. We've been witness to the creeping decline of my step-father as vascular dementia ground away at the sharpness of one of the most interesting and intelligent humans I've ever known. Yesterday afternoon, the last of the flickering lights went out, and he passed peacefully. We are currently wading through a mixture of anguish and relief left in the wake of his exit.

Sorry Eric. Saw that with a friend's husband a few years back. Great guy, had some fun rides with him and dinners, etc. At first we thought he was just being difficult but it soon became obvious.

BillyD 12-01-21 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22325886)
Sociopaths can be quite charming.

Indeed, just look at our most recent ex-p . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . oh wait, I canít go there.

big john 12-01-21 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22326071)
Indeed, just look at our most recent ex-p . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . oh wait, I canít go there.

I had a similar thought but then I thought "charming" was the wrong word for what that was.

BillyD 12-01-21 06:24 PM

So sorry for your loss.

Eric F 12-01-21 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22326070)
Sorry Eric. Saw that with a friend's husband a few years back. Great guy, had some fun rides with him and dinners, etc. At first we thought he was just being difficult but it soon became obvious.

Thanks, John. I watched my boss go though it with his wife a while back, as well.

DougRNS 12-01-21 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22325876)
Jasonís Deli for me.

2 mustard-pickle, ham sandwiches for me.

MoAlpha 12-01-21 06:47 PM

Aww, sad. Worse for his family than for him, though.

DougRNS 12-01-21 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22325793)
I am my harshest critic here.

You can't love someone else until you love yourself.

MoAlpha 12-01-21 06:55 PM

Sorry. That’s so hard.

My dad had vascular dementia, plus a series of largish, but “silent” strokes and ended up losing his autobiographical memory while he was still clear enough to know he didn’t know who he was anymore. That’s rare and we would have been fascinated and presented him at rounds when I was a neurology resident, but this was just sad, sad, sad.

DougRNS 12-01-21 06:56 PM

sorry to hear about this. I hope that you can keep the good times in your thoughts to help with the sadness you feel.:hug:

genejockey 12-01-21 06:58 PM

Sorry to hear that. It's like watching them being un-written, bit by bit.

Velo Vol 12-01-21 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22326097)

You benefit from the application of my quality-assurance post screening.

Trsnrtr 12-01-21 07:21 PM

Condolences. :hug:

Mojo31 12-01-21 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22326097)

Mojo31 12-01-21 07:32 PM

Sad deal. Sorry to hear.

Velo Vol 12-01-21 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22326092)
2 mustard-pickle, ham sandwiches for me.

Did you hear from your doctor today?

rjones28 12-01-21 08:09 PM

:hug:

DougRNS 12-01-21 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22326128)
Did you hear from your doctor today?

I sent another message via the patient portal to the doctor I originally saw and an hour later I received a call. I will probably have my procedure done next week on Thursday or Friday. It's been one huge cluster...

DougRNS 12-01-21 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22326111)
You benefit from the application of my quality-assurance post screening.

the meaning of this sentence escapes me. I will assume you are saying my content quality is stellar. :bday: