Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

genejockey 02-09-22 10:31 PM

I decided to sign up for Wahoo's Systm, to take advantage of the 14 day free trial. I figure to use it for the 4dp test, so I can learn my weaknesses -
"Let's see now.... It says here, your weaknesses are, you're old, you're fat, and you're lazy."

"WHAT?!? I want another opinion!"

"Okay, you're ugly, too!"

So, there's a 'Half-Monty and 4dp Test Prep" Plan, so I chose that one, rather than the "See everything Systm has to offer!" Plan, since the very first thing it had to offer was YOGA. So, having selected that plan, I started the first workout - 20 minutes at < 1/2 of FTP. At least they showed a video of the Deceunick Quick-step team getting disappointed in every stage of the Tour of Colombia.

ls01 02-10-22 04:38 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22401597)
Good Morning. It's a new day.

smells the same

ls01 02-10-22 04:44 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22402114)
Maybe I can catch him on a recovery day.

you need a bigger excuse quiver. Some serious (not serious) overtraining injuries perhaps?

ls01 02-10-22 04:45 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22402127)
I wonder if they count shrinkage from evaporation because our snowfall depth is similar. It was around 12" last Wednesday and is now ~8.5".

ok George....

ls01 02-10-22 04:56 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22402523)
I ate a chocolate orange yesterday. That's two fruits in one!

#cocoa beans & oranges

I love those. My daughter gets me one every Christmas.

ls01 02-10-22 05:31 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22404803)
Also, this is not figure skating. :foo:


https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...86b30677dd.png

Maybe it's EXTREME figure skating...

ls01 02-10-22 06:07 AM

I realized yesterday, when I look down, not only can I see me feet, but I have knees! Eat less, drink less, get skinny....who knew it was just that simple? Soon there won't be enough of me to go around!
"HOW DARE YOU CALL ME FAT TO MY FACE!" I'd say behind your back lady but my car only has half a tank of gas!

ls01 02-10-22 06:30 AM

No respect, no respect at all!

seedsbelize2 02-10-22 06:40 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22404733)
I drew a complete blank and had no idea what to wear. Short sleeve jersey, rapha brevet wind thing, short bibs and bontrager tights.
Had light fleece gloves on but ripped those off after the first hill.
It was one of those weird days in the sun I was on the hot side but in the shade I was in the cold day.

Had a great ride today, we were doing the William and Mary road course which the race is next Saturday. Worked on sprints and hills. I missed the first 2 rounds so only got two sprint attempts in and 2 hill climbs. My sprinting sucks, but I didnít get dropped. They would pull away from me and I would be able to maintain the distance they initially got on me. Basically the beat me at the jump point both times. The first hill climb I blew past everyone during the initial stage but I was redlining. The grade goes significantly down but I didnít have anything left, HR was at 184. They flew past me, and I couldnít catch them again until they stopped. Whyfi has seen the hill once, itís a doozy, I am sure LAJ would just laugh at it.

Learning the ropes. I used to cross paths with masters out racing and they convinced me to try. If you know what's going on you have a chance. I only did it once, because I had to drive to the start.

seedsbelize2 02-10-22 06:45 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22404805)
The rjones28 Central Library and Bicycle Repair facility has about 60 feet of shelving full of real books.

Being unable to get books in English and unable to read literature in Spanish, the Seeds library is largely digital.

WhyFi 02-10-22 06:50 AM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22404925)
I decided to sign up for Wahoo's Systm, to take advantage of the 14 day free trial. I figure to use it for the 4dp test, so I can learn my weaknesses -
"Let's see now.... It says here, your weaknesses are, you're old, you're fat, and you're lazy."

"WHAT?!? I want another opinion!"

"Okay, you're ugly, too!"

So, there's a 'Half-Monty and 4dp Test Prep" Plan, so I chose that one, rather than the "See everything Systm has to offer!" Plan, since the very first thing it had to offer was YOGA. So, having selected that plan, I started the first workout - 20 minutes at < 1/2 of FTP. At least they showed a video of the Deceunick Quick-step team getting disappointed in every stage of the Tour of Colombia.

Have fun with that 4DP test - it's a big bucket o' hurt.

seedsbelize2 02-10-22 06:52 AM

My BikeForums account is at risk due to the compromised password. It has proven impossible to change said password for some years now. The last time I tried, seedsbelize2 was the result. I shan't try again.
#livingdangerously

seedsbelize2 02-10-22 06:59 AM

Our February weather is our usual January weather. Much too cold for Feb. Even with ungodly hot and humid summers, I find myself looking longingly in that direction in the depths of what passes for winter here. 63į and I'm zipped into my mummy bag. With three layers on, including the merino wool sweater.
Sad!

rjones28 02-10-22 07:04 AM

It's raining. :notamused:

datlas 02-10-22 07:10 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22405068)
My BikeForums account is at risk due to the compromised password. It has proven impossible to change said password for some years now. The last time I tried, seedsbelize2 was the result. I shan't try again.
#livingdangerously

So we are not ever going to see seedsbelize3?

seedsbelize2 02-10-22 07:12 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22405078)
So we are not ever going to see seedsbelize3?

Never say never-----Tom Brady

indyfabz 02-10-22 07:29 AM

Meh

Wordle 236 4/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

phrantic09 02-10-22 07:30 AM

Wordle 236 5/6

⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟨
🟨🟨🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wicked brain farts today.

indyfabz 02-10-22 07:32 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22405079)
Never say never-----Romeo Void

FIFY


Trsnrtr 02-10-22 07:33 AM

Wordle 236 3/6

🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bike content: I may ride outside again today, or I may not.

indyfabz 02-10-22 07:36 AM

I rode to work today. A whole 1.58 miles. That brings my total for the year to a whole 1.58 miles.

datlas 02-10-22 07:57 AM

Recall I bought a full Ultegra R8000 groupset for the Habanero in the fall. I figured it would be a good winter project. I have been waiting for a RD cable break or other annoying mechanical to force me to start the project, but the old 6700 stuff has been working flawlessly the past few months!

#Irony

Velo Vol 02-10-22 08:24 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22405075)
It's raining. :notamused:

What's the problem?

phrantic09 02-10-22 08:33 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22405114)
Recall I bought a full Ultegra R8000 groupset for the Habanero in the fall. I figured it would be a good winter project. I have been waiting for a RD cable break or other annoying mechanical to force me to start the project, but the old 6700 stuff has been working flawlessly the past few months!

#Irony

Why mess with a good thing!

phrantic09 02-10-22 08:35 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22405096)

Bike content: I may ride outside again today, or I may not.

I am going to attempt to bag off of work at 4 and get a ride in. Itís going to be windy, but IDGAF since itís also going to be nice.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:14 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.