Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

abshipp 01-21-22 09:32 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22382810)
Are those the correct brakes and fork? Hard time believing they are.

I believe that's a Bontrager "Satellite" fork. Thought it was a Wound Up for a bit.

Matches the wheels, at least.

Trsnrtr 01-21-22 10:12 PM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22382909)
I got tested for free without a long wait Wednesday 1/13. Received results early this morning 1/21 :rolleyes:. Positive :(
.

Oh, Bummer. :(

big john 01-21-22 10:20 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22382810)
Are those the correct brakes and fork? Hard time believing they are.

Looks like it.
LeMOND POPRAD OX PLATINUM STEEL DISC BRAKE CYCLOCROSS GRAVEL BIKE FRAME SET - 55 | eBay

Here is another.
Lemond Poprad Disc Frame Set 54 cm 700c Cyclocross USA Steel OX Gravel Bike 130 | eBay

abshipp 01-21-22 10:34 PM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22382936)
Oh, Bummer. :(

​​​​​​SSS hasn't had taste or smell for about a week, so this is the result we were expecting even though their test was negative.

Although apparently they got the sinus swab (while I submitted a saliva sample) and didn't feel like they were receiving a lobotomy so maybe the technician didn't perform the test correctly.

We're both feeling mostly normal thankfully. Still need to get boosted whenever it's recommended post infection.
​​​​​​

LesterOfPuppets 01-21-22 10:44 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22382810)
Are those the correct brakes and fork? Hard time believing they are.

Yeah the Poprad disc models came like that. Those Bontrager saddles are the WORST, at least according to my ass they are. I'm not a fan of those bars either.

Maybe I should wait for an orange Poprad to show up though. I haven't had an orange bike in quite some time.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...94cdfca425.jpg

LesterOfPuppets 01-21-22 10:57 PM

Ken Block has been doing some test runs in his 911, in preparation for the East African Safari Classic

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...ig&oe=61EF9E36

genejockey 01-22-22 01:30 AM

This should tell you how I spent MY evening.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...80266afbba.jpg

phrantic09 01-22-22 04:13 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22382761)
Last night was probably the worst night of my life, and what makes even worse, I will have to experience again and again until June 2nd.

Long story short I am operating on zero sleep on my first of only 2 days off.

Hope you’re okay.

phrantic09 01-22-22 04:14 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22382944)
​​​​​​SSS hasn't had taste or smell for about a week, so this is the result we were expecting even though their test was negative.

Although apparently they got the sinus swab (while I submitted a saliva sample) and didn't feel like they were receiving a lobotomy so maybe the technician didn't perform the test correctly.

We're both feeling mostly normal thankfully. Still need to get boosted whenever it's recommended post infection.
​​​​​​

You we’re negative too right?

DougRNS 01-22-22 05:34 AM

Good morning @Velo Vol

Velo Vol 01-22-22 06:25 AM


Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22383035)
Good morning @Velo Vol

Is it?


https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...60704447a.jpeg

bampilot06 01-22-22 06:32 AM

we were only supposed to get .5 inches of snow. Forecast, roads would have been clear by now.

Sigh, we got 5 inches. Looking like the trainer.

datlas 01-22-22 06:43 AM

It’s 9 degrees here so also looking at the trainer. Might even use it.

Trsnrtr 01-22-22 06:46 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22383050)
we were only supposed to get .5 inches of snow. Forecast, roads would have been clear by now.

Sigh, we got 5 inches. Looking like the trainer.

oof!

DougRNS 01-22-22 06:46 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22383047)

What you're missing is goof made on your screen shot. How is it a forecast if they are reporting actual temperatures? :foo:To use your phrase, eff that noise.

MoAlpha 01-22-22 06:47 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 22382944)
​​​​​​SSS hasn't had taste or smell for about a week, so this is the result we were expecting even though their test was negative.

Although apparently they got the sinus swab (while I submitted a saliva sample) and didn't feel like they were receiving a lobotomy so maybe the technician didn't perform the test correctly.

We're both feeling mostly normal thankfully. Still need to get boosted whenever it's recommended post infection.
​​​​​​

Glad you guys are doing okay.

DougRNS 01-22-22 06:48 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22383056)
oof!

I'm going to call it. Oof has officially replaced ouch as the standard response to something unpleasant or undesired.

MoAlpha 01-22-22 06:48 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22383055)
It’s 9 degrees here so also looking at the trainer. Might even use it.

Long fake ride with fake group of strangers for me

Mojo31 01-22-22 07:03 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22382955)
Ken Block has been doing some test runs in his 911, in preparation for the East African Safari Classic

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...ig&oe=61EF9E36

Not sure if Ken is crazy and good or good and crazy, but he can sure dance with a car.

datlas 01-22-22 07:08 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 22383060)
Long fake ride with fake group of strangers for me

Tour de Zwift??

MoAlpha 01-22-22 07:13 AM

Something longer and slower. I am still recovering from a set of squats I did on Wednesday. :50:

I’ll do TDZ #4 later in the week and try to push it.

rjones28 01-22-22 07:42 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22383047)

Pfft. It was -10F on Benson's morning walk.

rjones28 01-22-22 07:42 AM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22383102)
Pfft. It was -10F on Benson's morning walk.

But the sun is out. :)

seedsbelize2 01-22-22 08:05 AM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22382690)
September is an awesome month.

Septeto used to be my favorite

seedsbelize2 01-22-22 08:15 AM

Since I began sleeping in a hammock full time, sleeping in abed ****s with my back and hips. On this trip I'm sleeping in a bed for ten days straight. Yesterday I had to go to the chiropractor after my new trick knee collapsed for the second time in a few days. One of the women whose house we were in thought I had fainted and in he panic she knelt ony glasses, destroying them.. I'm walking with a cane and now I can't see.
So please forgive any typos.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:55 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.