Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1244501)

LesterOfPuppets 02-16-22 12:42 PM


Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22411403)
Another example of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should'.

I saw the thumbnail and thought it was surely a Photoshop. Then viewed it full size and OMG.

Velo Vol 02-16-22 12:47 PM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22411324)
Impressive, we'll be looking for them to make a statement in the big tournament.

Sadly Rick Barnes is terrible in the post-season.

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22411340)

Aren't there fences to keep them in their yards?

seedsbelize2 02-16-22 12:57 PM

Good ride today. 28+ km.

seedsbelize2 02-16-22 01:00 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22411307)
I didnít beat the wind. 4mph when I started, 20 whe I finished

Builds strong bodies 12 ways. And is said to build character.

Mojo31 02-16-22 01:04 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22411340)
You can't go north from here without passing these
#boondocks

https://media.kjzz.org/s3fs-public/f...ing%20Sign.JPG


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22411517)
Sadly Rick Barnes is terrible in the post-season.

Aren't there fences to keep them in their yards?

That's a jackass on the sign. Unfortunately, they are everywhere and cannot be constrained.

seedsbelize2 02-16-22 01:10 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22411388)
Awww, I missed out on the stretch '98 Lumina. It was posted in Santiago, Chile, so I guess that would have been a long drive home with it.

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...bA&oe=621152FC

My nephew's wife has family in Santiago. They could possibly have stored it until you got there. But then there is always the issue of the Darien Gap

Velo Vol 02-16-22 01:13 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22411543)
That's a jackass on the sign. Unfortunately, they are everywhere and cannot be constrained.

Must be a western thing.

ls01 02-16-22 01:22 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22411388)
Awww, I missed out on the stretch '98 Lumina. It was posted in Santiago, Chile, so I guess that would have been a long drive home with it.

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...bA&oe=621152FC

I would say "missed out" is a bit of a stretch.

LesterOfPuppets 02-16-22 01:25 PM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22411548)
My nephew's wife has family in Santiago. They could possibly have stored it until you got there. But then there is always the issue of the Darien Gap

https://www.speednik.com/files/2015/...p-1024x768.jpg

Velo Vol 02-16-22 01:26 PM

MOTD

16 February 22


Mojo31 02-16-22 01:32 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22411557)
Must be a western thing.

Nah, there are some in Tennessee.

Velo Vol 02-16-22 01:50 PM

bigjohn ride over and get a picture.


Mojo31 02-16-22 03:20 PM

Gearing question:

My Domane has the 11-34 cassette and long cage derailleur. I'm considering switching the cassette to a 11-30. Will the long cage derailleur work okay with the smaller big cog? Also, will the chain have to be shortened?

Front is the standard 34/50 compact.

rjones28 02-16-22 03:30 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22411557)
Must be a western thing.

Nope. They are everywhere.

rjones28 02-16-22 03:32 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22411655)
Gearing question:

My Domane has the 11-34 cassette and long cage derailleur. I'm considering switching the cassette to a 11-30. Will the long cage derailleur work okay with the smaller big cog? Also, will the chain have to be shortened?

Front is the standard 34/50 compact.

Yes. Will need some b-screw adjustment.

Mojo31 02-16-22 03:33 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22411672)
Yes. Will need some b-screw adjustment.

:thumb:

phrantic09 02-16-22 04:46 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22411673)
:thumb:

No hills??

abshipp 02-16-22 05:01 PM

Might have found the road with the best views in Greenville County today:

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...88c1a00060.jpg

Mojo31 02-16-22 05:11 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22411738)
No hills??

Just rollers that would make you guys laugh. I don't think I've ever been in 34/34. My typical rides are in the 34'/mile or less range. I might hit 1,000' in 30 miles. I'd have to go a ways to find any type of real hills.

On the flip side, I very rarely get into 11/50 either.

genejockey 02-16-22 05:29 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22411763)
Just rollers that would make you guys laugh. I don't think I've ever been in 34/34. My typical rides are in the 34'/mile or less range. I might hit 1,000' in 30 miles. I'd have to go a ways to find any type of real hills.

On the flip side, I very rarely get into 11/50 either.

Even here, with a lot of hills to get anywhere, I use the 36x34 less than I thought I would. The 52x11 is fun, though!

datlas 02-16-22 05:58 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22411233)
I've had some acid reflux issues in the past, but no problems recently. It had been well over an hour since I ate. Kind of mysterious to have a sudden attack like that.

ďHeartburnĒ that is brought on by hard physical exercise (and relieved by rest) is worrisome for coronary artery disease. If it happens reliably with strong efforts you need to get it checked.

phrantic09 02-16-22 06:00 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22411777)
Even here, with a lot of hills to get anywhere, I use the 36x34 less than I thought I would. The 52x11 is fun, though!

I havenít been on the 31/34 yet, but Iím sure I was in the equivalent of 34/34 today going up a short steep section with the wind directly in my face.

Mojo31 02-16-22 06:06 PM


Originally Posted by phrantic09 (Post 22411803)
I havenít been on the 31/34 yet, but Iím sure I was in the equivalent of 34/34 today going up a short steep section with the wind directly in my face.

Can't picture how slow that would be. How fast can you go uphill in 34/34?

phrantic09 02-16-22 06:07 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22411763)
Just rollers that would make you guys laugh. I don't think I've ever been in 34/34. My typical rides are in the 34'/mile or less range. I might hit 1,000' in 30 miles. I'd have to go a ways to find any type of real hills.

On the flip side, I very rarely get into 11/50 either.

Most of my morning 20ish mile rides are in the 700-1000 range depending on the route. If I tried hard I could probably double that, but the route would be a bunch of up and down parallel roads.

gotta do at least 30 to get decent elevation just because of the distance to get to the bigger hills.

phrantic09 02-16-22 06:08 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22411809)
Can't picture how slow that would be. How fast can you go uphill in 34/34?

At 100 rpm? About 8

Velo Vol 02-16-22 06:17 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22411800)
“Heartburn” that is brought on by hard physical exercise (and relieved by rest) is worrisome for coronary artery disease. If it happens reliably with strong efforts you need to get it checked.

Did you see the other post? Since then I've had some burning when I am resting. No unusual shortness of breath.

Velo Vol 02-16-22 06:20 PM

Bad hombres.


bampilot06 02-16-22 06:25 PM

Officially signed up for my first crit today. Already nervous about it.

I cannot get my front disc on the cervelo to stop rubbing. I have tried everything. I even took the pads out a pressed in the pistons. Iíve tried loosening the caliper and re centering it, I donít know what else to do.

Pads prolly need to be replaced soon too.

genejockey 02-16-22 06:38 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22411824)
Officially signed up for my first crit today. Already nervous about it.

I cannot get my front disc on the cervelo to stop rubbing. I have tried everything. I even took the pads out a pressed in the pistons. Iíve tried loosening the caliper and re centering it, I donít know what else to do.

Pads prolly need to be replaced soon too.

Real life, actual, on the road crit? You're braver than I am.

Sorry about the brake rub. I already gave you the only advice I had. I have almost exactly the opposite problem - long free stroke. It's really jarring going from my rim brake bikes to the disk bike, especially because I like to keep my pads really close to the rim.

Mojo31 02-16-22 06:38 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22411819)

Who these days thinks thats a smart thing to do? People are incredibly stupid.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:19 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.