Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

Bah Humbug 07-20-20 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21598292)
haven't had coffee in 5 weeks. I dont miss it.

haven't had coffee since 5am. I miss it.

abshipp 07-20-20 07:02 PM

Sure wish I had a recording of my epic MTB crash today.

Couldn't get the left foot clipped out in time and went over the bars in what felt like a pretty spectacular manner.

WhyFi 07-20-20 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21598291)
One of my customers today felt the need to pull down his mask when speaking. :foo:

I've noticed (and have fought) the urge to poke my head around or under the plexi panels that are often between myself and a cashier/host/customer service. Between the masks and panels, I think that "what?" has become the most commonly used word this year.

Bah Humbug 07-20-20 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21598308)

Couldn't get the left foot clipped out in time and went over the bars in what felt like a pretty spectacular manner.

But how's the bike? Don't leave us hanging.

WhyFi 07-20-20 07:03 PM

Broken collar bone or it didn't happen.

;)

rjones28 07-20-20 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21597420)
I notice chamois cream threads every now and then. In spite of having ridden for many years I have never felt the need or desire to use it.

If it's not broke, don't fix it. Right? That's what I am thinking, but I sometimes have this thing I recently learned is called FOMO*.

*Fear Of Missing Out

Same. Except for the FOMO.

Bah Humbug 07-20-20 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21598309)
I've noticed (and have fought) the urge to poke my head around or under the plexi panels that are often between myself and a cashier/host/customer service. Between the masks and panels, I think that "what?" has become the most commonly used word this year.

Our local grocery store chain, HEB (one of the best things about Texas) has in its PA recordings about social distancing "for now, let's just share a smile".

abshipp 07-20-20 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21598311)
But how's the bike? Don't leave us hanging.

Oh it's fine ;)

#steelisreal

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21598312)
Broken collar bone or it didn't happen.

;)

I've done that once before. No thanks :twitchy:

WhyFi 07-20-20 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21598316)
Our local grocery store chain, HEB (one of the best things about Texas) has in its PA recordings about social distancing "for now, let's just share a smile".

Oh, I'm all about that - I've never needed/particularly wanted to chat at the grocery store or whatever. Mostly I'm talking about situations where I need to pick up an order or have a reservation and I need to convey my name or something.

WhyFi 07-20-20 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21598317)
I've done that once before. No thanks :twitchy:

Going over the bars? If so, me too. :beer:

Bah Humbug 07-20-20 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21598322)
Oh, I'm all about that - I've never needed/particularly wanted to chat at the grocery store or whatever. Mostly I'm talking about situations where I need to pick up an order or have a reservation and I need to convey my name or something.

I mean we can't share a smile through masks, which they required since quite early. While telling us to share a smile instead of shaking hands or the like.

kissTheApex 07-20-20 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by ls01 (Post 21598292)
haven't had coffee in 5 weeks. I dont miss it.

Does not compute.

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21598296)
haven't had coffee since 10am. I miss it.

Fifm.

MoAlpha 07-20-20 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21598291)
One of my customers today felt the need to pull down his mask when speaking. :foo:

Groan.

WhyFi 07-20-20 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21598325)
I mean we can't share a smile through masks, which they required since quite early. While telling us to share a smile instead of shaking hands or the like.

Oh - ha. Yeah, that doesn't work, does it?

DougRNS 07-20-20 07:13 PM

Updates for @Velo Vol:

Got mulch for the flower beds. Very late but at least I can work on it now.

Cut one of my lawns to complete the cycle which will begin again Saturday. SMFH

The biggest news to report is the LBS finally was able to sell me my replacement frame. What a cluster ****. First it was Covid lockdowns, then closings for riots then general incompetency but I paid for the frame and I hope it will arrive without much more delay. I have been going around in circles since before Memorial day. SMFH. That is almost 2 months.
In conclusion: SMFH

MoAlpha 07-20-20 07:13 PM

Stop minimizing and give us the butcher’s bill.

abshipp 07-20-20 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21598324)
Going over the bars? If so, me too. :beer:

Mine was on a night ride with some friends and I went off the edge of the road that had a large shoulder dropoff.

​​​​​​And now I've got one!

I did have to learn how to drive a 5 speed with one arm, so I've got that skill which is nice :thumb:

​​​​​

DougRNS 07-20-20 07:16 PM

I had a similar experience with my road bike. Note cautionary tale above.
SMFH

rjones28 07-20-20 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21598034)
Ditto. I’ve been running Spec Toupes on all my bikes and have found my golden saddle(s).

Since I've been working with cyclists, I've come to appreciate how lucky I am that I can be comfortable on any saddle.

But, the Toupe is my favorite. It's on all of my road bikes.

WhyFi 07-20-20 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21598338)
Mine was on a night ride with some friends and I went off the edge of the road that had a large shoulder dropoff.

​​​​​​And now I've got one!

I did have to learn how to drive a 5 speed with one arm, so I've got that skill which is nice :thumb:

​​​​​

Ah. I was 10 or so. Went off-road on to the grass and down a hill. Front tire stuck in an unseen hump and I went Superman. Rode home one-handed, about 3 miles. Tried to hide it from my mom, but started crying when she yelled at me to clean my room. "I can't clean my room!" "Why not?!" "Because I can't move my arm," as I demonstrated it flopping around. :lol:

rjones28 07-20-20 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21598296)
haven't had coffee since 5am. I miss it.

Haven't had coffee since 2pm. Looking forward to tomorrow morning.

Velo Vol 07-20-20 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21597847)
No delivery for four days will drive a man to desperate acts. I’ve complained to them more than once about the USPS.

I’ve gone to them about an FBI security investigation for my daughter and when my retired pay got screwed up. That’s what they’re there for!

Wait, they just stopped delivering mail to you?

Maybe they thought you canceled it?

Velo Vol 07-20-20 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21598389)

I haven't had coffee in years. No interest in having any tomorrow morning.

LesterOfPuppets 07-20-20 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21598389)

I'm thinking of having night coffee, since the little lady ordered some flan for dessert.

gnome 07-20-20 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21598134)
50 yrs. Hasn’t happened yet.

time for a recumbent then.