Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1254494)

t2p 08-04-22 07:05 PM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2a0c95bb1.jpeg

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22598542)
So he finally decided to upgrade from a couple of tractors?

rjones28 08-04-22 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22598786)
Is it pronounced like Vienna, W.V., with a long 'I'?

Nearby Vienna, NY residents their hometown's name "Vi-anna".

rjones28 08-04-22 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 22598866)
FYI, I have never liked this song.

https://youtu.be/y8OtzJtp-EM

Reminds me of this.

Bah Humbug 08-04-22 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22598991)
Nearby Vienna, NY residents their hometown's name "Vi-anna".

Connecticut has a Ver-sails.

genejockey 08-04-22 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22598479)
I head immediately northeast into PA and end up in Franklin. There is a free camping area not far south of town along the Allegheny River Trail that features a couple of small shelters. In 2014 some boy scout group was using them to store their gear while they slept in tents because nearest parking area for their trailer was about a quarter mile away. It had rained in the afternoon. Would have been nice not have to pitch my tent on a muddy tent pad. The upside was that the next morning, while enjoying my coffee outside my tent, two young bald eagles had a little spat in a tree right in front of me.

This map includes a jaunt out to the grocery store and back::

Dashboard · Ride with GPS

That first little climb at around mile 4.8 doesn't look like much on paper, but both times I rode it it pissed me off. I think it's because it comes as a chock after the first 4.8 miles. And when you are looking up the road, it does not look as steep as it is.

Franklin? Why, that's just a short jaunt down Rt. 322 from Meadville, where Mrs. GeneJockey and I went to college!

genejockey 08-04-22 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22599007)
Connecticut has a Ver-sails.

So does Pennsylvania.

LesterOfPuppets 08-04-22 09:24 PM

Lake Superior boat of the day
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...9g&oe=62F1904A

big john 08-04-22 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22599095)

The news said there was flooding in Phoenix today. Did you get wet?

LesterOfPuppets 08-04-22 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22599114)
The news said there was flooding in Phoenix today. Did you get wet?

Yeah I woke up from the thunder at 0430, went out and stood in the rain and watched the lightning. No flooding in my neighborhood though

indyfabz 08-05-22 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22599118)
Yeah I woke up from the thunder at 0430, went out and stood in the rain and watched the lightning. No flooding in my neighborhood though

So you woke last night to the sound of thunder. Did you sit and wonder how far off it was?

indyfabz 08-05-22 04:36 AM

Hadn’t accomplished this in a while.

Wordle 412 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bah Humbug 08-05-22 05:32 AM

If that's yours, that's among the best we've seen here.

Bah Humbug 08-05-22 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22599254)

Wordle 412 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

All green for whatever it matters.

Wordle 412 5/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Nailed the WorLdle without a map too.

#Worldle #196 2/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬇️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉
https://worldle.teuteuf.fr

mvnsnd 08-05-22 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22598632)
One of the regional LBS chains has a promo for 40% off for helmets for "Fanatic" members (like me) this month. I've never found a helmet brand that fit me as well as Specialized, but this chain doesn't carry Spec. I was looking online and some have said that Lazers have a similar fit, so I might have to mosey on down and try one on.

Just picked one up this spring to replace my old Specialized helmet. Love it. But reviews also say its hard to store sunglasses, but since I really never do that, it wasn't an issue for me.

datlas 08-05-22 05:52 AM

Cue up some Gordon Lightfoot:

datlas 08-05-22 06:13 AM

So I was speaking with my nurse about how, when I was a kid, I thought a pony was a baby horse....

She said "You mean they are not?!?" (as I tried not to laugh)

Is this something even adults think??? Maybe I should I ask about this in horseforums.net, I could be a troll.

bampilot06 08-05-22 06:13 AM

Cervelo rides amazing with the chain waxed. Super smooth and quiet. Also chose to lower the PSI from 80 to 70 and that made a pretty big difference on ride quality, especially on the colonial parkway.

As I was riding in the rain (was not supposed to rain nor was there a cloud in the sky) It occurred to me that waxing the chain on the bike that I will be riding in the rain especially in the winter is just going to be a lot more work for me. I think i’ll save the waxing for the the ritchey and the madone.

bampilot06 08-05-22 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22599308)
So I was speaking with my nurse about how, when I was a kid, I thought a pony was a baby horse....

She said "You mean they are not?!?" (as I tried not to laugh)

Is this something even adults think??? Maybe I should I ask about this in horseforums.net, I could be a troll.

When you start seeing Ponies that are only half a hand shorter than a horse you will really be scratching your head.

Mojo31 08-05-22 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22599254)

Wordle 412 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Similar.

Wordle 412 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WhyFi 08-05-22 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by mvnsnd (Post 22599298)
Just picked one up this spring to replace my old Specialized helmet. Love it. But reviews also say its hard to store sunglasses, but since I really never do that, it wasn't an issue for me.

Awesome! Have you considered yourself to have a Specialized head prior to this? I'm fairly certain that the only helmets that I've owned in this lifetime have been Specialized; I've tried a number in the stores, but only Spec has felt just right atop my noggin.

indyfabz 08-05-22 06:41 AM

Totally forgot that the new water meter was being installed this morning. I was naked and literally lifting one leg to step into the shower when I heard a knock upon my door. Throwing on the bare minimum of clothes to be presentable, i rushed to the front door and opened it. To my astonishment, I was greeted to the sight of a statuesque, raven-haired beauty. Even her tool belt and baggy jumpsuit could not hide her comely body. I eagerly invited her inside.....

WhyFi 08-05-22 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22599337)
Totally forgot that the new water meter was being installed this morning. I was naked and literally lifting one leg to step into the shower when I heard a knock upon my door. Throwing on the bare minimum of clothes to be presentable, i rushed to the front door and opened it. To my astonishment, I was greeted to the sight of a statuesque, raven-haired beauty. Even her tool belt and baggy jumpsuit could not hide her comely body. I eagerly invited her inside.....

I think I've read this before. Is this is a copy/paste from, um, an adult publication with "Forum" in the title? :lol:

t2p 08-05-22 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22598874)
Me either.

???

no love for the Immigrant Song ?

not my fav Zep tune - but I like

indyfabz 08-05-22 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22599343)
I think I've read this before. Is this is a copy/paste from, um, an adult publication with "Forum" in the title? :lol:

I composed it myself, trying to he satirical. :D

The first three sentences are actually true. But when I was thinking about it, it did sound the beginning of something you might read in that publication.

"I was a sophomore at a large, midwestern college. I had always read stories in this magazine but had never believed they were true. That is, until the most amazing thing happened to me. I was in the laundry room of my co-ed dorm when in walked the most amazing woman I had ever seen...."

t2p 08-05-22 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22599038)
Franklin? Why, that's just a short jaunt down Rt. 322 from Meadville, where Mrs. GeneJockey and I went to college!

Allegheny Gators ?