Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

BillyD 08-25-21 09:07 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22200816)
The announcement will be made from Velo Vol world headquarters, but the exact time will not be disclosed.

Whoopy ding. :rolleyes:

Velo Vol 08-25-21 09:11 PM

I just edited the wikipedia page for Knox County. #GivingBackToTheCommunity

rjones28 08-25-21 09:12 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22200929)
Not really.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d0ded3da89.png

Velo Vol 08-25-21 09:20 PM


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22200938)

There's no big ring, just a little one.

bampilot06 08-25-21 09:26 PM

Benefits of Di2 over sram etap?
Looking like new bike coming soon.

Originally planned on a madone project one. Wanted the benefit of buying local, but the madone is kinda of ugly.

First pick is the wilier filante slr with the zero in close second. On the wilier main site it advertises that you can get it with sram force 2x12 but on the usa site it only comes Di2. Price is similar but I would prefer the added power meter and I donít really want cables. Looks like it would be a huge pain if an issue ever arose.
Caldonia 5 is a close contender if the wilier grows to costly.
BMC is also a possibility and I could buy that local, but the color is horrible, and after the fork recall I am a little turned off.

Still just in planning stage. Reached out to adrenalinebikes about the wilier build. Informed me they get the bike from wilier usa. Adrenaline says I can build it anyway I like but Iím a little confused on how that would work. I would want the original cockpit and wheels from wilier but just switch out the drive train. Not sure if they would do that or if that would increase the cost more than the 4 grand the sram force package already cost.

LesterOfPuppets 08-25-21 10:14 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22200936)
I just edited the wikipedia page for Knox County. #GivingBackToTheCommunity

I hope it included the story of Jedediah Knox swallowing a live water moccasin whole.

LesterOfPuppets 08-25-21 10:39 PM

Lake Minnetonka update:

OMG, that's way too many trash pandas.

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...69&oe=612B5EC7

Velo Vol 08-25-21 10:50 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22200999)
I hope it included the story of Jedediah Knox swallowing a live water moccasin whole.

No. I corrected the double percent sign below. Fun fact that is. Looks like Maricopla County's fake lake is only 0.3%. Land mass of 9,200 square miles? wut


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b2e1e7f970.png

LesterOfPuppets 08-25-21 11:06 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22201022)
No. I corrected the double percent sign below. Fun fact that is. Looks like Maricopla County's fake lake is only 0.3%. Land mass of 9,200 square miles? wut


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b2e1e7f970.png

Yeah, they didn't bother cutting AZ into dozens of tiny little counties. I bet they made Santa Cruz so small in order to keep Nogales contained :)

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5d6417ecec.png

You should put forth a motion to reduce the number of TN counties. Use TDOTs regions, maybe.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ffa3174de3.jpg

LesterOfPuppets 08-25-21 11:25 PM

I guess I worked in the boondocks in Vancouver, USA, with this being right down the road ...

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...d9c71a0476.jpg

Velo Vol 08-25-21 11:32 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22201031)
You should put forth a motion to reduce the number of TN counties. Use TDOTs regions, maybe.

No. Our counties are the proper size. One should be able to ride across a county on one water bottle, max.

Velo Vol 08-25-21 11:36 PM

It actually dates back to the olde days when people made horse trips to the county seat within one day.

ls01 08-26-21 03:56 AM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22200204)
Interesting experience on today's ride. Recall I still run Ultegra 6700 on my bikes. Also recall that the exposed parts of the shifters are notorious for rusting, and there is a bit of rust on mine.

When I started the ride, my inner paddle (to shift to a smaller cog in back) would sometimes just move but not shift, and sometimes would "catch" and shift properly. Oh crap. The outer shifter would shift crisply to the bigger cogs nice and crisply. So I am pretty sure the problem is NOT a fraying cable or a cable problem at all, but something in the shifter mechanism that is not engaging properly. I am not enough of an expert on the shifter innards/mechanism to make a definite diagnosis. Luckily, as the ride progressed, the weak "catch" or inability to shift at all became less frequent, and within 15 minutes it was working fine.

My suspicion is that whatever ratchet or other gizmo inside the shifter may have gotten stuck due to rust and lack of use (this is my first ride on the bike in 2 weeks), but I am torn whether to just leave it alone versus spray a bunch of WD40 and/or lube up into the mechanism to help clear out whatever the cause was.

Suggestions???

When in doubt...hose it out!

Trsnrtr 08-26-21 05:20 AM

One of the great mysteries of the english speaking world: Spelling of the word, "lose."

WhyFi 08-26-21 05:30 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22200954)
Benefits of Di2 over sram etap?
Looking like new bike coming soon.

Originally planned on a madone project one. Wanted the benefit of buying local, but the madone is kinda of ugly.

First pick is the wilier filante slr with the zero in close second. On the wilier main site it advertises that you can get it with sram force 2x12 but on the usa site it only comes Di2. Price is similar but I would prefer the added power meter and I donít really want cables. Looks like it would be a huge pain if an issue ever arose.
Caldonia 5 is a close contender if the wilier grows to costly.
BMC is also a possibility and I could buy that local, but the color is horrible, and after the fork recall I am a little turned off.

Still just in planning stage. Reached out to adrenalinebikes about the wilier build. Informed me they get the bike from wilier usa. Adrenaline says I can build it anyway I like but Iím a little confused on how that would work. I would want the original cockpit and wheels from wilier but just switch out the drive train. Not sure if they would do that or if that would increase the cost more than the 4 grand the sram force package already cost.

If given the choice, I'd go Shimano over SRAM, at least if we're talking hydro. Wireless would be nice, but I'm more leery of SRAM brakes. Part of that may be my familiarity with Shimano and ignorance of SRAM, but I like the idea of mineral oil vs DOT and even SRAM fans like psimet talk about the shortcomings of maintaining their brakes. There's a thread on the front page right now, I think.

Once installed, I would think that the issue of wireless vs wired is pretty much moot. Since they'd be installing, that's more their problem than yours, anyway. Well, unless you don't get the fit right and you need to swap bars/stem down the line (but the hydro lines are going to make that a pain in the ass either way).

Power meters are wonderful, but you can add that any time, so I wouldn't let that be a major factor. More like a cherry on top.

Trsnrtr 08-26-21 05:52 AM

What bothers me about new high-end bikes is the use of so many proprietary parts like integrated seat posts and stems. Also, the industry needs to standardize thru-axles.

BillyD 08-26-21 05:53 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22200936)
I just edited the wikipedia page for Knox County. #GivingBackToTheCommunity

Oh Lawd. smh

Velo Vol 08-26-21 05:56 AM

Uh oh--looks like another county needs edited. And also lacks water.


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...c45d4bf630.png

indyfabz 08-26-21 05:59 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22200730)
Get a load of this abomination spotted at the Phillies game. Shame on you Yuengling.

https://d2aam04nmhpdf8.cloudfront.ne...png?1613609810

The Phillies are also an abomination.

bampilot06 08-26-21 06:42 AM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22201189)
If given the choice, I'd go Shimano over SRAM, at least if we're talking hydro. Wireless would be nice, but I'm more leery of SRAM brakes. Part of that may be my familiarity with Shimano and ignorance of SRAM, but I like the idea of mineral oil vs DOT and even SRAM fans like psimet talk about the shortcomings of maintaining their brakes. There's a thread on the front page right now, I think.

Once installed, I would think that the issue of wireless vs wired is pretty much moot. Since they'd be installing, that's more their problem than yours, anyway. Well, unless you don't get the fit right and you need to swap bars/stem down the line (but the hydro lines are going to make that a pain in the ass either way).

Power meters are wonderful, but you can add that any time, so I wouldn't let that be a major factor. More like a cherry on top.

Makes sense. 12 speed would be nice though.

Mute point if the wilier only comes Di2. I really donít want any cables visible if I am going to spend that much money.

Velo Vol 08-26-21 06:43 AM

If you only had sixty minutes for exercise (from your residence) how far could you ride? With the stop lights, it would probably be more like 55 minutes for me around the Brown Squirrel loop. #COVIDTimeTrial



indyfabz 08-26-21 07:40 AM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22201015)
Lake Minnetonka update:

OMG, that's way too many trash pandas.

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...69&oe=612B5EC7

Holy Davey Crocket!

indyfabz 08-26-21 07:42 AM

Shoes with recessed SPD cleats are not optimal for stomping lantern flies. Still, I managed to kill a couple dozen across the street from my building this morning.

WhyFi 08-26-21 08:16 AM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22201250)
Makes sense. 12 speed would be nice though.

Mute point if the wilier only comes Di2. I really donít want any cables visible if I am going to spend that much money.

The cables should only be visible where they come out of the frame, right next to the derailleurs. The front should all still be tidy and cable-free.

rjones28 08-26-21 08:23 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22200949)
There's no big ring, just a little one.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:49 AM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.