Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

datlas 08-28-21 12:02 PM

I have been running the Williams 38 on the rear for the Habanero this season. I noticed the rear tire has FINALLY worn so I cant see the dimples and I can see threads in the few cracks in the tread. I put on a NOS GP4000sII, 25mm. I pulled out the bead jack but didn't even need it for the install.

LesterOfPuppets 08-28-21 12:03 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22204750)
I never said that.

Everyone I went to high school with said that.

Mojo31 08-28-21 12:04 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22204752)
Nonsense! I ALWAYS stop at every stop sign and there are no witnesses to say otherwise!

There are always witnesses. And, don't forget the digital trail you create every ride.

genejockey 08-28-21 12:07 PM

Mrs. GeneJockey and I took the doggies for a walk. Usually we walk them separately because the enormous difference in leg length between a Greyhound and a (whatever the hell Dory is) makes pacing a challenge. For some reason, Dory is just much more confident and happy on walks when her big brother around.

Anyhow, while we're walking I told her I wanted to Zwift today, since the C&V group ride was canceled due to poor AQI. She asked if she could play her bassoon first, said it would only take half an hour. (she plays in the garage, where I Zwift)

That was almost an hour ago, and she's ONLY JUST getting to it now. :rolleyes:

genejockey 08-28-21 12:09 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22204762)
There are always witnesses. And, don't forget the digital trail you create every ride.

Sure about that? (conspicuously testing edge of long knife...) :innocent:

Mojo31 08-28-21 12:10 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22204763)
Mrs. GeneJockey and I took the doggies for a walk. Usually we walk them separately because the enormous difference in leg length between a Greyhound and a (whatever the hell Dory is) makes pacing a challenge. For some reason, Dory is just much more confident and happy on walks when her big brother around.

Anyhow, while we're walking I told her I wanted to Zwift today, since the C&V group ride was canceled due to poor AQI. She asked if she could play her bassoon first, said it would only take half an hour. (she plays in the garage, where I Zwift)

That was almost an hour ago, and she's ONLY JUST getting to it now. :rolleyes:

The first question you should ask is whether you have a reasonable expectation of nookie. The answer should guide you in your actions.

Or so I've heard.

genejockey 08-28-21 12:11 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22204768)
The first question you should ask is whether you have a reasonable expectation of nookie. The answer should guide you in your actions.

Or so I've heard.

Oh, well, no problem then. :(

indyfabz 08-28-21 12:11 PM

Picked a good day to take care of errands. Itís been raining since before 1.

Mojo31 08-28-21 12:11 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22204766)
Sure about that? (conspicuously testing edge of long knife...) :innocent:

You can never be sure there are not.

LesterOfPuppets 08-28-21 12:14 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22204766)
Sure about that? (conspicuously testing edge of long knife...) :innocent:

Cameras are everywhere, best cross your Ts and dot your eyes.

Come to a full stop, dismount, salute the nearest flag, then resume your travels.

Velo Vol 08-28-21 12:14 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22204762)
There are always witnesses. And, don't forget the digital trail you create every ride.

Strava doesn't know what colour the traffic lights are.

genejockey 08-28-21 12:15 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22204770)
Picked a good day to take care of errands. Itís been raining since before 1.

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up smoking..."
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...e20b4d2bfc.jpg

genejockey 08-28-21 12:15 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22204775)
Cameras are everywhere, best cross your Ts and dot your eyes.

Come to a full stop, dismount, salute the nearest flag, then resume your travels.

Can I dot my Ts and cross my eyes?

indyfabz 08-28-21 12:16 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22204705)
Let's call it the edge of the boondocks.

Believe it or not, there are places in NJ like that despite it being the most densely populated state in the country.

LesterOfPuppets 08-28-21 12:16 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22204776)
Strava doesn't know what colour the traffic lights are.

The man probably knows.

LesterOfPuppets 08-28-21 12:16 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22204778)
Can I dot my Ts and cross my eyes?

Whatever it takes :)

genejockey 08-28-21 12:17 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22204776)
Strava doesn't know what colour the traffic lights are.

I never, ever run red lights. I have, on occasion, masqueraded as a pedestrian when the inductor loop failed to get me a green arrow.

genejockey 08-28-21 12:24 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22204779)
Believe it or not, there are places in NJ like that despite it being the most densely populated state in the country.

Presumably between "Not Really New York City" and "Not Really Philadelphia"?

Mojo31 08-28-21 12:24 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22204776)
Strava doesn't know what colour the traffic lights are.

Not hard to cross-reference the time and direction you crossed an intersection with the records of the light changes.

MoAlpha 08-28-21 12:26 PM

After two consecutive bad Saturday experiences, I rode very conservatively and pushed the fluids. Nothing worse happened than a slow ride an I came back about 1.5-2 liters down, which is okay.

Velo Vol 08-28-21 12:36 PM


Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22204782)
I never, ever run red lights. I have, on occasion, masqueraded as a pedestrian when the inductor loop failed to get me a green arrow.

I might not stop if there are no autos nearby. How is going as a pedestrian any better than riding?

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22204795)
Not hard to cross-reference the time and direction you crossed an intersection with the records of the light changes.

wut records?

LesterOfPuppets 08-28-21 12:41 PM

So I rode around the park a bit, did some wheelies. Did two sets of 6 dips.

I didn't Strava though, because of the crime spree

Healthy recovery snacks : baked hot wings, carrots and celery sticks.

Enjoying the Huskers game.

Bah Humbug 08-28-21 12:51 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22204744)
I'm going with running red lights :)

You know what we used to say - No cop, no stop.

My morning ride has a highway intersection crossing - especially in the morning with no one around, I'll cross it on red. You can see the entire onramp; damned if I'm waiting a few minutes in the dark, alone.

Mojo31 08-28-21 12:52 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22204804)
I might not stop if there are no autos nearby. How is going as a pedestrian any better than riding?

wut records?

Stop lights are computer controlled. Everytime they change, a little trail of 1s and 0s records the event. Hard to do much of anything these days without leaving a digital trail.

Bah Humbug 08-28-21 12:54 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22204824)
Stop lights are computer controlled. Everytime they change, a little trail of 1s and 0s records the event. Hard to do much of anything these days without leaving a digital trail.

On the other hand, getting those systems to talk to each other is also hard. Ask me how I know.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.