Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

indyfabz 09-10-21 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22224118)
There are still lots of Saturns on the road.

I'm heading to New England tomorrow. I think "New England" is some native term meaning "Land of really friggin' Old Subarus."

I am going to keep my eyes peeled for a Brat.

https://www.motortrend.com/uploads/s...aru_BRAT_6.jpg

sbxx1985 09-10-21 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22224175)
Over 400 yards and 3 TDs? I think he'd like to see that D every game, just wishing his own D was better.

People say the Bucs have the best D. I wasn't that impressed, but a couple people went down. I think Dak is going to have a huge season and win comeback player of the year. As long as he doesn't get hurt.

LesterOfPuppets 09-10-21 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22224179)
I wasn't feeling that good though, ended up doing 5-5-2

#knowwhentofold'em

Surely VV is in dire need of a music video by now, so...

Velo Vol 09-10-21 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22224118)
There are still lots of Saturns on the road. As long as you keep an eye on the oil level, they have a reputation for lasting almost forever. In the North we have a problem with underbody rusting, I am not sophisticated enough to assess my underbody but so far the car is holding up and it's only got 190K miles. People in saturnforums like to brag about reaching certain milestones like 300K and 500K, so my car is only middle-aged by their metrics.

Someone in my church has one, but it's in sad-looking shape. :(

datlas 09-10-21 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22224115)
Last trip to Xenia, maybe 6 weeks ago, we experienced the same

Every time I see Xenia, I think of Xena, warrior princess. :foo:

indyfabz 09-10-21 11:05 AM

So...The chance of me being arrested waiting for the train tomorrow have just greatly decreased.

When I took the same train ride back in 1998 I did not think about the 32 oz. of white gas I had in one of my panniers until I arrived at the station and saw a police officer with a sniffing dog wandering around the station. I made sure to keep my distance without looking like I was doing so. A few days ago it dawned on me that tomorrow is 9/11 and thus there could be even more security at the station.

My friend who has a place in Burlington gave me the name of an outdoor store that he thought might have fuel by the quart. Just got off the phone. Not only do they sell quarts, they also fill fuel bottles from a larger stash.

Awesomesauce!

WhyFi 09-10-21 11:08 AM

Hey Bah Humbug - so I had an LPLO on Chrome desktop and recalled how it's much less frequent of a problem on Chrome mobile. I F12ed it, went in to a mobile emulation mode and viola - last page unlocked. Not sure if this helps you narrow down the nature of the problem, but there it is.

big john 09-10-21 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22224200)
Every time I see Xenia, I think of Xena, warrior princess. :foo:

There was a beautiful young woman who worked at my dealer for a couple years. She had personality, conviction, and values. As far as I know, everyone loved her. Her name started with "Z" so I called her Xena. She liked it.

WhyFi 09-10-21 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by sbxx1985 (Post 22224188)
People say the Bucs have the best D. I wasn't that impressed, but a couple people went down. I think Dak is going to have a huge season and win comeback player of the year. As long as he doesn't get hurt.

I couldn't watch much of the game, but it sure seemed as if the Bucs gave the Boy's O more than their fair share of opportunities; hard to play great D when your O keeps giving them the ball and they start gassing you with the time of possession.

Mojo31 09-10-21 11:13 AM

Is there some law against carrying small quantities of camp stove fuel?

I understand the heightened security due to the event, but not every lawyer riding a bike laden with camping gear is nefarious.

indyfabz 09-10-21 11:14 AM

BTW...Hyundai evoked the Brat when it released the Santa Cruz.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod...p&resize=480:*

WhyFi 09-10-21 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22224203)
Hey Bah Humbug - so I had an LPLO on Chrome desktop and recalled how it's much less frequent of a problem on Chrome mobile. I F12ed it, went in to a mobile emulation mode and viola - last page unlocked. Not sure if this helps you narrow down the nature of the problem, but there it is.

...and the last page remains unlocked when switching back to the desktop version.

sbxx1985 09-10-21 11:15 AM

So perusing the Hot r Not thread after a long time, I learned a few things: LAJ is now the new Hot r Not Grand Puba; the new bikes with the integrated stem/bars/HT appear to be an ugly solution to a nonexistent problem; and this thread has some good looking bikes. Except for VV, who's still probably riding his Trek. Not to say your Trek isn't good looking.

What's the point in integrating all that stuff? To make it stiffer? If parts are adjustable there, I assume you lose stiffness. I bet my BMC is stiffer. That's what she said.

big john 09-10-21 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22224183)
I'm heading to New England tomorrow. I think "New England" is some native term meaning "Land of really friggin' Old Subarus."

I am going to keep my eyes peeled for a Brat.

https://www.motortrend.com/uploads/s...aru_BRAT_6.jpg

My friend in the mountains had a Brat like that. He got the turbo engine out of an old wagon and put it in the Brat. It was great for commuting in the snow until some moron crashed into it with his C2500.

Keep your eye out for a Baja!

indyfabz 09-10-21 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22224208)
There was a beautiful young woman who worked at my dealer for a couple years. She had personality, conviction, and values. As far as I know, everyone loved her. Her name started with "Z" so I called her Xena. She liked it.

Upon reading the first few words I thought I reading a limerick.

Velo Vol 09-10-21 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22224190)
Surely VV is in dire need of a music video by now, so...

Contrary to popular belief, I can find all the music videos I want on my own.

big john 09-10-21 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22224220)
Upon reading the first few words I thought I reading a limerick.

She was not from Nantucket.

WhyFi 09-10-21 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by sbxx1985 (Post 22224218)
So perusing the Hot r Not thread after a long time, I learned a few things: LAJ is now the new Hot r Not Grand Puba; the new bikes with the integrated stem/bars/HT appear to be an ugly solution to a nonexistent problem; and this thread has some good looking bikes. Except for VV, who's still probably riding his Trek. Not to say your Trek isn't good looking.

What's the point in integrating all that stuff? To make it stiffer? If parts are adjustable there, I assume you lose stiffness. I bet my BMC is stiffer. That's what she said.

A cable-free cockpit is sexy. :love:

Oh, and it's maybe a watt or three more efficient.

But yeah, if you've got one of those deals going on and you have to have a stack of those special spacers, it's a bit of a buzz-kill.

Velo Vol 09-10-21 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22224115)
Last trip to Xenia, maybe 6 weeks ago, we experienced the same

You talking about a Mexican restaurante near the courthouse? Or seeing a "newish" Saturn? Or both?

indyfabz 09-10-21 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22224222)

Mojo31 09-10-21 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by sbxx1985 (Post 22224218)

Not sure how you can say that running wires and hoses inside bars and frames is ugly compared to hoses and wires outside of frames.

Stuff like this just looks amazingly clean and efficient:

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...69c5d995fb.jpg

LesterOfPuppets 09-10-21 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22224222)

Here's one I'd never seen before today, despite having heard both versions of the song tens of thousands of times

Eric F 09-10-21 11:27 AM

I have cockpit envy.

Mojo31 09-10-21 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22224240)
I have cockpit envy.

I do too, even though mine's relatively clean.

WhyFi 09-10-21 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22224240)
I have cockpit envy.

It's the only thing that makes my eye wander from my R3. When I eventually do get a new bike, it'll be with a clean cockpit.