Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.3 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1233876)

Trsnrtr 09-14-21 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22230075)
That sounds much worse than an infusion, though presumably much quicker (than two hours).

It's not that bad unless the doc hits a nerve and I've only had that happen once. The after feeling is more an annoyance than anything and will be gone by morning.

BTW, there are a lot of people getting the same injections when I'm there. I had no idea that there were so many people with the same problem.

Eric F 09-14-21 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22230076)
2004 champion of what?

California State Crit Champion (Cat 3). I beat Justin Williams in that race. :) ...he was 15 - LOL. That was my last year of racing before I hung up my bikes for 15 years.

EDIT: The other jersey is my daughter's softball all-star team jersey and District Champ medal from her first year playing the sport (she was 8). Next year, she will be playing in college.

BillyD 09-14-21 04:18 PM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...17b86e24e.jpeg

MoAlpha 09-14-21 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22229955)
Retina scans show no improvement since last month. This makes 12 or 13 injections, so far. Try one more injection next month and reevaluate.

Anyway, hurts like I have a rock in my eye and burns more than the Avastin does. Dark room for the rest of the day…

LesterOfPuppets 09-14-21 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22230076)
2004 champion of what?

Overall Champion Bear.

Eric F 09-14-21 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22230105)
Overall Champion Bear.

One thing I have never been accused of is being a bear. I have been bare, but not for competitive reasons.

BillyD 09-14-21 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22229959)
fify
All of our cats have been kept indoors, 'cause I don't need em killing little critters and I don't want em getting killed by bigger critters (or autos).

Amen brother!

genejockey 09-14-21 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22230073)
There is a ride called the “Savage Century” in a few weeks. It’s 7500 feet of climbing, which is not that much imo but probably as hilly as it gets around here. My friends want me to sign up. Hmm….

I think the century I did was about that much. The Sequoia Century is about 10,000, IIRC.

Velo Vol 09-14-21 04:35 PM

wut

genejockey 09-14-21 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22230107)
One thing I have never been accused of is being a bear. I have been bare, but not for competitive reasons.

I have been accused of being a bear, but in my defense, I was 30# heavier and still had a beard, plus I wore flannel shirts.

Eric F 09-14-21 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22230114)

Ummm....NASCARs on a 1/4 mile track?? That sounds problematic.

datlas 09-14-21 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22230113)
I think the century I did was about that much. The Sequoia Century is about 10,000, IIRC.

Like.

I already signed up for the one I mentioned.

LesterOfPuppets 09-14-21 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22230114)

I've seen motocross races held there, but stock cars??? Are they gonna wipe out a bunch of seats and pave in an oval? Seems like a tight track!

Eric F 09-14-21 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22230117)
I have been accused of being a bear, but in my defense, I was 30# heavier and still had a beard, plus I wore flannel shirts.

I am not genetically inclined to grow facial hair that is publicly appealing.

genejockey 09-14-21 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22229939)
I have an appointment this afternoon to go check out/acquire that 1985 Centurion Ironman I wasn't going to buy.

Y'all should feel free to make fun of me. This makes NINE.

Postponed trip to Sonoma County for 9th bike till Saturday. But you can still make fun of me.

EDIT: Here's the bike. It might help you understand.....
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ffbfc762d2.jpg

Eric F 09-14-21 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22230124)
Postponed trip to Sonoma County for 9th bike till Saturday. But you can still make fun of me.

EDIT: Here's the bike. It might help you understand.....
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...ffbfc762d2.jpg

Cool!

BillyD 09-14-21 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22229955)
Retina scans show no improvement since last month. This makes 12 or 13 injections, so far. Try one more injection next month and reevaluate.

Anyway, hurts like I have a rock in my eye and burns more than the Avastin does. Dark room for the rest of the day…

Damn! Sorry to hear about that.

big john 09-14-21 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22229979)
Ours, too. My 'hood is thick with coyotes. Outdoor cats don't last very long.

A coyote tried to get the peacock twice in the last week. Saturday morning I heard him scream and I went out and he was on the roof and the coyote was running away.
He walks up and down the street and he's been here for about 4 years. I'd like to see him hang around even though he is noisy during mating season.

When I lived in Kagel Canyon we left our cat outside every day for 5 years. A lot of animals are abandoned there and we think he was one of them. He showed up one day and stayed around and he was friendly so after a few days I let him in. He definitely wanted to be out every day, though. A lot of feral cats came and went and some dogs, too. There was one feral cat I saw for 9 years. He wouldn't come near people and wouldn't accept cat food. I used to see him carrying a gopher or sleeping in the shadows.

Eric F 09-14-21 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22230142)
A coyote tried to get the peacock twice in the last week. Saturday morning I heard him scream and I went out and he was on the roof and the coyote was running away.
He walks up and down the street and he's been here for about 4 years. I'd like to see him hang around even though he is noisy during mating season.

When I lived in Kagel Canyon we left our cat outside every day for 5 years. A lot of animals are abandoned there and we think he was one of them. He showed up one day and stayed around and he was friendly so after a few days I let him in. He definitely wanted to be out every day, though. A lot of feral cats came and went and some dogs, too. There was one feral cat I saw for 9 years. He wouldn't come near people and wouldn't accept cat food. I used to see him carrying a gopher or sleeping in the shadows.

The law of nature...you either figure out how to survive, or you die.

big john 09-14-21 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22230121)
I've seen motocross races held there, but stock cars??? Are they gonna wipe out a bunch of seats and pave in an oval? Seems like a tight track!

I've been to Supercross at the Colosseum a couple times. It's a great place for that but I don't see how they could put a stock car track in there.

big john 09-14-21 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22230153)
The law of nature...you either figure out how to survive, or you die.

I saw plenty of coyotes in the yard there. I saw 2 mountain lions near there when I was on my mtb.

genejockey 09-14-21 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22230142)

Because our yard backs onto a creek, we replaced our falling-down solid fence with a 'deer fence', which is basically panels of 2"x4" fencing between the posts, with runners and footers. Anyway, one day I was out in the yard and saw something moving on the other side of the fence. It was a coyote. And he was one brazen MF, too! Looked me in the eyes and WALKED away.

Eric F 09-14-21 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22230164)
I saw plenty of coyotes in the yard there. I saw 2 mountain lions near there when I was on my mtb.

Coyotes and bobcats don't worry me, as far as my personal safety. Mountain lions and bears are a totally different story. Thankfully, I have not had an encounter with either.

genejockey 09-14-21 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Eric F (Post 22230168)
Coyotes and bobcats don't worry me, as far as my personal safety. Mountain lions and bears are a totally different story. Thankfully, I have not had an encounter with either.

If you go shirtless and ride flat pedals, with home made aero bars, the lions will be afraid of you. So I hear, anyway.

big john 09-14-21 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22230165)
Because our yard backs onto a creek, we replaced our falling-down solid fence with a 'deer fence', which is basically panels of 2"x4" fencing between the posts, with runners and footers. Anyway, one day I was out in the yard and saw something moving on the other side of the fence. It was a coyote. And he was one brazen MF, too! Looked me in the eyes and WALKED away.

I was getting in my car and saw a coyote about 10 feet away, just outside the carport. He was just looking at me and I clapped my hands and he ran off.