Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2022.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1249389)

Velo Vol 05-14-22 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22506176)
I use cables and they work just fine.

Except the cable that goes around the bottom bracket is off it's track and I don't know how to fix it.

BillyD 05-14-22 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22505832)
wife not only said no, she said hell no.

Kudos to her. SOMEBODY has to put their foot down with you people. :mad:

BillyD 05-14-22 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22506193)
Kudos to her. SOMEBODY has to put their foot down with you people. :mad:

:lol:

BillyD 05-14-22 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22505859)
Jayson Tatum, dayum.

Nice, clean-cut, respectful young man . . . . but I detest his team . . . . and his whole city.

BillyD 05-14-22 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22505876)
Cubbies are in town, this place is all fired up!!!

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...5f722ce5c1.jpg

Heh, I never noticed before how far back the 3rd base coach stands before the ball is pitched and/or he has no baserunners. Makes sense, self preservation.

LAJ 05-14-22 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 22506205)
Heh, I never noticed before how far back the 3rd base coach stands before the ball is pitched and/or he has no baserunners. Makes sense, self preservation.

Left or right handed batter plays into it as well?

BillyD 05-14-22 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22506117)
Or Apple's Numbers. It still doesn't do that. ;)

Apple Numbers was a late (and weak) development, introduced 2007.

BillyD 05-14-22 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22506216)
Left or right handed batter plays into it as well?

They should bring a glove out there with them. I betcha that's not an original idea.

ls01 05-14-22 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22505799)
By wiping aggressively after lubing kept my drive chain clean, but it might be clean because I inadvertently wiped all the lube away.

Anyways I just relubed and ran the chain through cloth for a couple rotations . I can still see lube on the chain so I will try it this way.

As far as Mojo, Want Vs Need. Do you need a new drive train prolly not, but you do have the means to pay for one.

Go for it.

Originally Posted by big john (Post 22505828)
4 times worse.

maf skilz,....Johnsgotem

rm -rf 05-14-22 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22505821)
DougRNS (pre-injury) when someone fired up a '70s LP.

https://twitter.com/Chinchillazllla/...52930306113555

Funky American Woodcock

from the comments:
I'll bet his nest has orange shag carpet, a lava lamp, and one of those chairs shaped like a hand. And a "Keep On Trucking" black light poster.

ls01 05-14-22 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 22506028)
Besides being old and weak, I have small hands, think wide with short fingers. I rode our tandem a couple weeks ago and could hardly shift the mechanical front triple. After a few years of Di2 and eTap on four bikes, I don't want to go back to cables.

As long as I keep which bike I'm on straight, it doesn't really matter to me.

seedsbelize2 05-14-22 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22506176)
I use cables and they work just fine.

Why not both?

Read the tweet! SMH

You ever do one this complicated?

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f5b154bab3.png

I neither wordle nor tweet, SMH

seedsbelize2 05-14-22 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by rm -rf (Post 22506227)
Funky American Woodcock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne6nj9AgY7M

from the comments:
I'll bet his nest has orange shag carpet, a lava lamp, and one of those chairs shaped like a hand. And a "Keep On Trucking" black light poster.

This might be the best post I've seen in 12 years of BF.

bampilot06 05-14-22 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22506178)
Except the cable that goes around the bottom bracket is off it's track and I don't know how to fix it.

The new emonda has di2 problem solved.

seedsbelize2 05-14-22 10:13 AM

So, my wife reads me the end of the mask mandate yesterday afternoon. In the evening I walked up to the store with my mask in my packet and everybody i passed was wearing a mask. Maybe it doesn't take effect until Monday. I ask her to double check. It was correct, the mandate ended yesterday afternoon. This morning I head out on the bike, with my mask in my pocket and everybody I pass is masked. So I stop in at the Police Station and ask. Masks are no longer obligatory as of yesterday. I am the first to admit it felt very strange to be out in public without one. 99 and 44/100 of the people I pass are masked (I have to pass through two villages in each direction). By the end I was mentally high fiving those I passed who were maskless. I could count them on the fingers of one hand.
Weird Wild Stuff

genejockey 05-14-22 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 22506031)
Two momentary power outages this morning. Either the hotel is dumb or Texas is dumb.

Oooo! Oooo! I know this one!!!!

genejockey 05-14-22 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 22506115)
I've been an Excel user since the 80s.

Points for cycling content.

I use Excel A LOT in my work. It's often easier to make it do what I want than to use other more capable data analysis software, like making graphs how I want them to look versus whatever the default is in the analysis software. I know, some graphing software might do an even better job but to use it I'd have to learn it's architecture and who's got THAT much time?

LesterOfPuppets 05-14-22 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22506178)

Single speed conversion would fix that right up

genejockey 05-14-22 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22506144)
Is there a proper way to doing intervals? Yesterday I did 30x30. Target power was 400 watts. At the start of each interval I would stand for prolly the first 10 seconds to get going and to dial in 400 watts pretty quickly. Is that normal practice? or should I dial it up staying seated since it’s not sprint practice.

Or am I over thinking it like I over think everything.

Yeah, that one.

I find it pretty easy to get up to 400w seated fairly quickly. Maintaining it, that's more difficult.

bampilot06 05-14-22 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22506303)
Yeah, that one.

I find it pretty easy to get up to 400w seated fairly quickly. Maintaining it, that's more difficult.

Cool thanks. If I were to do all 30 sets seated I don’t think I would be able to do all 30 sets. Something to try next time though.

genejockey 05-14-22 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22506289)
So, my wife reads me the end of the mask mandate yesterday afternoon. In the evening I walked up to the store with my mask in my packet and everybody i passed was wearing a mask. Maybe it doesn't take effect until Monday. I ask her to double check. It was correct, the mandate ended yesterday afternoon. This morning I head out on the bike, with my mask in my pocket and everybody I pass is masked. So I stop in at the Police Station and ask. Masks are no longer obligatory as of yesterday. I am the first to admit it felt very strange to be out in public without one. 99 and 44/100 of the people I pass are masked (I have to pass through two villages in each direction). By the end I was mentally high fiving those I passed who were maskless. I could count them on the fingers of one hand.
Weird Wild Stuff

Mandates ended here a month or more ago, but people have been slow to give them up. It's probably running 50:50 in most stores. At work, some folks wear them all the time. One or two not at all. I don't wear one in my office, but I told my group that I'll put one on if any of them prefer when they come to talk to me. We're still doing our group meetings in a conference room large enough for all 7 of us to be 6' distant from each other, but at least we're still doing them in person.

I'm sure the people where I grew up - who were largely maskless in stores when I visited there at the peak of Delta last summer - would laugh at how cautious we in the Bay Area have been, but, you know, we have generally had fewer deaths and hospitalizations per capita than any other metro area our size, so...

bampilot06 05-14-22 10:39 AM

I don’t know how the guys/gals and gcn do it. Riding in the rain and dampness is worse than riding in the cold. I could not live somewhere with rain in the forecast constantly.

seedsbelize2 05-14-22 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 22506308)
Mandates ended here a month or more ago, but people have been slow to give them up. It's probably running 50:50 in most stores. At work, some folks wear them all the time. One or two not at all. I don't wear one in my office, but I told my group that I'll put one on if any of them prefer when they come to talk to me. We're still doing our group meetings in a conference room large enough for all 7 of us to be 6' distant from each other, but at least we're still doing them in person.

I'm sure the people where I grew up - who were largely maskless in stores when I visited there at the peak of Delta last summer - would laugh at how cautious we in the Bay Area have been, but, you know, we have generally had fewer deaths and hospitalizations per capita than any other metro area our size, so...

The mandate was removed only for the outdoors and open spaces. We'll prolly have the indoor mandate until pigs fly.

genejockey 05-14-22 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 22506332)
The mandate was removed only for the outdoors and open spaces. We'll prolly have the indoor mandate until pigs fly.

Huh. We never had an outdoor mandate, or if we did, it was very brief.

genejockey 05-14-22 11:22 AM

Meh. At least I didn't get skunked.
Wordle 329 5/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟨🟩🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩