Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

DougRNS 07-24-20 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21604716)
Went to get examined for a new pair of eyeglasses yesterday. Turns out the left eye is significantly worse than the right eye, which accounts for the dreadful and frightening vision I experience when driving in the evening light.

Also, turns out being an AARP member saved me $150 off my new eyeglasses. :bday: So when you pups finally get old enough to become a member just keep in mind that the discounts can free up a lot of coin for bike stuff. ;) :50:

Did you take the time to get your head examined?

Velo Vol 07-24-20 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21605392)
It's the oscillation between Louisville and Billings that I find particularly odd. Is this a probabilistic, quantum-mechanical, cloud of package that's really in two places at once?

The future of shipping.

I bet you get yours before I get mine.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...b344e32ea4.png

genejockey 07-24-20 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 21605396)
I am likely the same. Drops for descending, for sure. If motoring on flats agree on tips of hoods with forearms horizontal. Tops better for steeper climbs. In slipstream hoods with slight elbow bend is comfy.

I feel more secure doing that in the drops, but that's because I only got brifters with the 'handle' tops last fall. 7410 Dura Ace and second generation Ergopower levers don't give you enough to hold onto to really encourage riding like that.

I think a lot of newer cyclists donít appreciate that there are easily 5 or more hand positions and always ride the hoods.
They must wonder why we bother taping the bar all the way to the middle.

Velo Vol 07-24-20 06:22 PM

Discuss

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...be29b8c766.png

bampilot06 07-24-20 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21605490)

above my pay grade.

LesterOfPuppets 07-24-20 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21605416)
The future of shipping.

Ooooh. Wonder where it's headed.

WhyFi 07-24-20 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 21605428)
They must wonder why we bother taping the bar all the way to the middle.

I've got aero handlebars, so I don't tape to the middle - I stop just past the bend - but I still do hold that section frequently enough. The wide, flat profile of that section of the bars is actually comfy. With elbows in and hands lightly resting, it's like a casual aero at times when I'm at noodling effort, solo and on open stretch of decent pavement.

DougRNS 07-24-20 06:41 PM

Slow night, everyone must be understandably watching baseball.
#MLB

WhyFi 07-24-20 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21604954)
Your second set of pics looks a lot like the guts of the valve that I'm supposed to clean.

I'll be interested to know what you find. I have a hard time believing that it would get so fouled so quickly.

Velo Vol 07-24-20 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 21605492)
above my pay grade.

No one's getting paid. Unless datlas wants to do a telemedicine session to discuss eliminating my Prevotella.

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21605505)
Ooooh. Wonder where it's headed.

I thought about going to the PO again during the week, but it would have been real awkward if the same woman came to the window.

According to my reading of eBay, there's nothing set up for me to file anything about not receiving it until after the shipment window, which is August 11. :rolleyes:

Velo Vol 07-24-20 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 21605514)
#MLB

:roflmao2:

bampilot06 07-24-20 06:53 PM

the humidity is out of control right now. I was putting my surf board on my rack, and I am now drenched in sweat.

bampilot06 07-24-20 06:57 PM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...4c788bb41f.png

rjones28 07-24-20 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21604578)
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the Praxis. I like the way they look and they're supposedly the only chainrings besides Shimano to be cold forged. I keep meaning to pick up a set, but then 5750 'rings pop up for a price that I can't resist.

My one argument for colorful decals: how else are others going to know, with only a casual glance, that you're an Elite with a PM? :foo:

I have Praxis rings mounted to the S-Works cranks on the Allez. I have Praxis rings mounted to the Oval cranks on the Fuji CX. I have Praxis Alba cranks on the Crux.

They work great. Smooth shifting. Stiff. Durable.

Would buy again.

:)

Bah Humbug 07-24-20 07:07 PM

Slow night, everyone must be understandably checking on the status of the NFL season.
#NFL

Fixt.

Bah Humbug 07-24-20 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 21604578)
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the Praxis. I like the way they look and they're supposedly the only chainrings besides Shimano to be cold forged. I keep meaning to pick up a set, but then 5750 'rings pop up for a price that I can't resist.

My one argument for colorful decals: how else are others going to know, with only a casual glance, that you're an Elite with a PM? :foo:

I have the Praxis aero rings on the P2. They work great; I think that front shifting works better than the Ultegra rings on my R2.

MoAlpha 07-24-20 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21605416)
The future of shipping.

Of course. Mine is partially here already.

rjones28 07-24-20 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21604716)
Went to get examined for a new pair of eyeglasses yesterday. Turns out the left eye is significantly worse than the right eye, which accounts for the dreadful and frightening vision I experience when driving in the evening light.

Also, turns out being an AARP member saved me $150 off my new eyeglasses. :bday: So when you pups finally get old enough to become a member just keep in mind that the discounts can free up a lot of coin for bike stuff. ;) :50:

I think most Addiction posters are already AARP members.

rjones28 07-24-20 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21605144)
Since modern bikes sizing is described in terms of stack and reach, I'm trying to translate the measurements of my current frames into terms of stack and reach so that I can compare more easily, but I'm coming up with some weird numbers. Must not be drawing something right :foo:

My only CAD software is at work, does anyone have any recommendations for some freeware that works decently well? This year my favorite 2D CAD program became paid only, and I'm not about to pay $100/year for something I use so rarely at home :(

CAD. Pffft. You only need a yardstick and a plumb bob.

LesterOfPuppets 07-24-20 07:25 PM

#MLB

Cordcutters here so no beisbol today.

We get 9 hours of it on regular TV tomorrow, so I'll be sure to enjoy at least 6 hours.

rjones28 07-24-20 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21605213)
<==Has not kneed himself in the gut

What share of your total ride time do you spend in the drops?

DougRNS 07-24-20 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 21605583)
Cordcutters here so no beisbol today.

We get 9 hours of it on regular TV tomorrow, so I'll be sure to enjoy at least 6 hours.

I cut the cord 1 year ago. We stream using MLB.TV we also have YouTube TV. The 60 game season is going to be weird.
are the snakes going to be any good this year? Don't they have two Marte's now?

Velo Vol 07-24-20 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21605557)
Of course. Mine is partially here already.

There should be an equation where we can figure out the probability it's at a particular spot right now.

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21605560)
I think most Addiction posters are already AARP members.

Nope.

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21605588)

Not much. Select downhills to flats.

DougRNS 07-24-20 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21605588)

that's proprietary information and requires a premium subscription.
#MembershipHasItsPrivileges

LesterOfPuppets 07-24-20 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by DougRNS (Post 21605600)
I cut the cord 1 year ago. We stream using MLB.TV we also have YouTube TV. The 60 game season is going to be weird.
are the snakes going to be any good this year? Don't they have two Marte's now?

We had MLB year before last. Maybe I'll get it again when I retire and have time for more games.

Yes!!! Two Marte's from the D.R.!!!