Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction LXXVIII (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1197210)

abshipp 04-03-20 06:10 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21397491)
More Ti.

Wow :love:

That's a really lovely bike, Billy. I've never seen one of those before.

abshipp 04-03-20 06:10 AM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 21397494)
Before a good cleaning in preparation for a century to Brooklyn. Of course it rained and the thing got filthy again.

Hot. King hubs to match the headset?

BillyD 04-03-20 06:10 AM


Originally Posted by Jadesfire (Post 21397728)
Well, landed an internship today. Plans/intentions laid for the past several years had to change with recent events and thus no international traveling, which bums me out. On the other hand, I don't have to quit my "essential services" job to fulfill said internship, so I still get a paycheck. If all goes well, graduation is imminent in August.

:bday:

abshipp 04-03-20 06:11 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21397839)
And I was beaten to the punch. Drat!

That's lame :(

abshipp 04-03-20 06:13 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21397991)
I don't need a new bike but I do need to replace the saddle, some cables, wheels trued, one of the shifters seems to be in its dying days.

Sad.

Sounds like you need a new bike to me.

Which shifter and what model?

BillyD 04-03-20 06:16 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21397823)
Tomorrow morning, we will go to 60+ hours at the supermarket en masque.

I can't stand being around moping old folks during normal times, I damn sure don't want to be around therm now.

rjones28 04-03-20 06:25 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21397991)
I don't need a new bike but I do need to replace the saddle, some cables, wheels trued, one of the shifters seems to be in its dying days.

Sad.

I've got a bunch of spare parts. :)

BillyD 04-03-20 06:27 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21397804)

The Patriots organization juggernaut shipping 1 million masks has already been upstaged by a single solitary basketball player shipping 10 million masks.
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/c...professionals/

BillyD 04-03-20 06:33 AM


Originally Posted by Jadesfire (Post 21397976)
Also, thanks all for the kudos. Multi-quote keeps acting up for me, or I'd add all y'all to this. It's nice to have a funny/sarcastic community focused around one of my hobbies.

Did you mean caustic instead of sarcastic? Just trying to help.

rjones28 04-03-20 06:33 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21398195)
Multi-quote hasn't worked for me in years.

ditto

BillyD 04-03-20 06:35 AM


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21398197)
Wait but who's on first?


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21398195)
Multi-quote hasn't worked for me in years.

I don't see the problem.

Jadesfire 04-03-20 06:41 AM


Originally Posted by MoAlpha (Post 21398211)
Any boat and to get there by sea, looks like you’d have to go right past Somalia to Kenya, the worst waters in the world for piracy. What were you planning to do there? Sounds interesting.

It would have been something along the lines of 12 weeks working with local populations. I don't have any particulars on possible projects, unfortunately, as even applying (and I had a very good chance of being accepted) is a moot point now- considering it just came up on my Handshake site a couple of months ago. But here's a brief intro to the organization:
Who We Are « Uganda Village Project

Jadesfire 04-03-20 06:42 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21398269)
Did you mean caustic instead of sarcastic? Just trying to help.

I appreciate the help ;).

BillyD 04-03-20 06:45 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21398242)
Wow :love:

That's a really lovely bike, Billy. I've never seen one of those before.

That's a 2004 model Cyrene, tastefully toned down from an earlier version that was hideous . . . looked like a tattooed arm sleeve.

Trsnrtr 04-03-20 06:46 AM


Originally Posted by Jadesfire (Post 21397976)
Also, thanks all for the kudos. Multi-quote keeps acting up for me, or I'd add all y'all to this. It's nice to have a funny/sarcastic community focused around one of my hobbies.


Originally Posted by Bah Humbug (Post 21398195)
Multi-quote hasn't worked for me in years.

Hmmm... :foo:

LAJ 04-03-20 06:46 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21398264)
The Patriots organization juggernaut shipping 1 million masks has already been upstaged by a single solitary basketball player shipping 10 million masks.
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/c...professionals/

It's always cool to minimize the good done by someone, by pointing out the MORE good.

WhyFi 04-03-20 06:50 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21398275)
I don't see the problem.


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21398288)
Hmmm... :foo:

Yeah, multi-quote has worked better than ever since they done re-did it.

For those having problems, check the multi-quote box for every post *except* the last one that you'd like to quote - you simply hit the "quote" on that one and you should be good to go.

BillyD 04-03-20 06:52 AM


Originally Posted by Jadesfire (Post 21398282)
It would have been something along the lines of 12 weeks working with local populations. I don't have any particulars on possible projects, unfortunately, as even applying (and I had a very good chance of being accepted) is a moot point now- considering it just came up on my Handshake site a couple of months ago. But here's a brief intro to the organization:
Who We Are « Uganda Village Project

Awesome objectives..

MoAlpha 04-03-20 06:52 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21398253)
I can't stand being around moping old folks during normal times, I damn sure don't want to be around therm now.

They're probably the ones being most careful these days, or that's what I assumed.

abshipp 04-03-20 06:52 AM

Oh, how the Lord is testing me...

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik...090182465.html

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...409b749ac2.jpg

I have absolutely no business owning one of these, but that certainly doesn't kill the desire to own one.

Funny bikes are already super cool, but a Hellenic-stay funny bike just takes things to the next level.

And it's the only one I've ever seen that's my size.

MoAlpha 04-03-20 06:54 AM


Originally Posted by Jadesfire (Post 21398282)
It would have been something along the lines of 12 weeks working with local populations. I don't have any particulars on possible projects, unfortunately, as even applying (and I had a very good chance of being accepted) is a moot point now- considering it just came up on my Handshake site a couple of months ago. But here's a brief intro to the organization:
Who We Are « Uganda Village Project

Very cool. The demand won't go away.

BillyD 04-03-20 06:58 AM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 21398289)
It's always cool to minimize the good done by someone, by pointing out the MORE good.

But you fail to see the potential for these one-percenters competing with one another for the public good . . . THAT'S what I'm looking at. :)

But yes, I'm also asking how is it they could only manage one million masks? Publicity stunt crosses my mind, but that's just ol' cynical me.

Velo Vol 04-03-20 07:24 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21398248)
Sounds like you need a new bike to me.

Which shifter and what model?

Shimano 6600.

For a while the back one has done this weird thing were sometimes it does not want to shift to smaller gears on cooler rides. Then on warmer days it works fine. I don't get it.


Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 21398261)
I've got a bunch of spare parts. :)

I remember you said you had saddles. I was going to try to measure myself to use to find a better fit. Maybe my project this weekend.

seedsbelize 04-03-20 07:24 AM


Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 21397886)
You didn’t get them?

No. I guess I have to wait for yours. Mine was the only positive response. Someone must have slipped in on the sly

LAJ 04-03-20 07:27 AM


Originally Posted by BillyD (Post 21398307)
But you fail to see the potential for these one-percenters competing with one another for the public good . . . THAT'S what I'm looking at. :)

But yes, I'm also asking how is it they could only manage one million masks? Publicity stunt crosses my mind, but that's just ol' cynical me.

And silly me for even giving what I can, because people have such high standards for what giving should be.

abshipp 04-03-20 07:29 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21398347)
Shimano 6600.

For a while the back one has done this weird thing were sometimes it does not want to shift to smaller gears on cooler rides. Then on warmer days it works fine. I don't get it...

Huh. Maybe just needs to be cleaned out. The mechanism in the shifter isn't working when it's cold, it's not just that the cable is maybe binding somewhere?

And to be clear, when you say shifting to smaller gears, you're talking about the shifter releasing cable instead of pulling, right?

Trsnrtr 04-03-20 07:31 AM


Originally Posted by seedsbelize (Post 21398349)
No. I guess I have to wait for youts. Mine was the only positive response. Someone must have slipped in on the sly

Bummer. :(

abshipp 04-03-20 07:34 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21398347)
I was going to try to measure myself to use to find a better fit. Maybe my project this weekend.

I tried that once and bought a saddle based on my results.

It didn't work out for me, unfortunately.

I don't know whether to interpret what happened as that the measurement was BS, or that the recommended saddle width based on my measurement was BS.

Good luck.

bampilot06 04-03-20 07:34 AM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 21398347)
Shimano 6600.

For a while the back one has done this weird thing were sometimes it does not want to shift to smaller gears on cooler rides. Then on warmer days it works fine. I don't get it.


d.


Don’t do cooler rides.

Velo Vol 04-03-20 07:39 AM


Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 21398356)
Huh. Maybe just needs to be cleaned out. The mechanism in the shifter isn't working when it's cold, it's not just that the cable is maybe binding somewhere?

And to be clear, when you say shifting to smaller gears, you're talking about the shifter releasing cable instead of pulling, right?

Other than squirting WD40 into the brifter I don't know much of what can be done about it.

I'm talking about shifting to the smaller gears after you've climbed the hill.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.